Class of 2015 - LS Matt Keller (PA) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LS Matt Keller (PA) Signed LOI

It amazes me that this has become such a specialized position. You used to just have an athlete on your team who was decent at it hone their craft.

I still remember watching Donovin Darius long snap into a garbage can from long distances in pre game and on the sidelines. He was crazy accurate.

Regardless, congrats to Matt Keller! Our first UA All-American!

Knew Id have you on my side in this one. Perhaps you could mention it to the coaches once Shy is on campus?

I am sure that the coaches will be out again to visit all the commits before LOI... BAM can tell them then. ;)

I think someone said its a three year contract... If shy isn't in the NFL by then I will be all over them. Under Armour has surpassed every one in cutting edge design and technology. The highlights alone would be enough to switch forget about the graphics and branding ua has teamed with. You want a recruiting edge have them design something for you.

Bambrewer said:
I think someone said its a three year contract... If shy isn't in the NFL by then I will be all over them. Under Armour has surpassed every one in cutting edge design and technology. The highlights alone would be enough to switch forget about the graphics and branding ua has teamed with. You want a recruiting edge have them design something for you.

I've been told uni's don't matter in recruiting ;).

Yeah those unis are nicer than the 3 sets we got last year. Perhaps with the Orage set on the way those will be a huge step up, but I don't know.

B58l3B8CYAEPb5F.jpg:large

9:00 AM - 28 Dec 2014
Adam Friedman ‏@RivalsFriedman 1h1 hour ago
Here's your @UnderArmour @AllAmericaGame HQ http://bit.ly/1vBWppc Bookmark it and you'll find all the best all week pic.twitter.com/XvUcHu7KeX

Didn't we start a season recently with a snap that went over the head of our QB?

You'd think it would be easy to train a walk on lineman to long snap.

And UA would actually showcase us vs being just another Nike school. For football it would be a no brainer, the UA sales pitch would have to be for hoops and lax unless we can sell them individually to the most interesting/highest paying bidders.

Wow, every time I see the SU blue uni's it make me cringe. It's almost like the Nike design group singled us out to be the least recognizable team in college football. Absolutely putrid.

Most of us want more orange in the uni's...well, even more orange couldn't make these monstrosities acceptable. Embarrassingly horrendous.

Yeah, because those Maryland Uni's are sharp!

The Maryland jersey's are ugly because they are plastered with the MD state flag which is ugly, but people from Maryland are obsessed with it. Under Armour treats MD like Nike treats Oregon.

Look at the other schools wearing UA. Auburn, BC, Navy, ND, USC, Texas Tech... Not a whole lot to complain about in my opinion.

I'm all for a switch from Nike to Under Armour. UA is on the rise as a brand. And their sales are reflective of that.

Last edited:
The Maryland jersey's are ugly because they are plastered with the MD state flag which is ugly, but people from Maryland are obsessed with it. Under Armour treats MD like Nike treats Oregon.

Look at the other schools wearing UA. Auburn, BC, Navy, ND, USC, Texas Tech... Not a whole lot to complain about in my opinion.

I'm all for a switch from Nike to Under Armour. UA is on the rise as a brand. And their sales are reflective of that.
UA treats MD like Nike treats Oregon because the founder of UA went to MD and is a huge booster

Not to continue high jacking this thread but the Nike uniforms just miss the mark. Perhaps mentioning the school name would have helped. I mean the Orange is an ok mascot but it would be kinda out of place on a jersey but if you at least put the name in Orange and maybe streches the numbers a little less or fattened em up or put orange in the under arm v... Something

I thought it was rumored on this board awhile ago that we may be switching to UA. It never happened so maybe it was just my imagination. I still hope it happens. Nike has done an awful job.

Nike plays a big role in basketball recruiting. If we drop Nike, we are automatically eliminated from some hoop recruits. Forget the uniforms, getting players is more important.

Definitely agree with you there. Kevin Durant was close to signing an endorsement deal with UA though and that would have gave the brand even more momentum. Missed opportunity for them. However, Under Armour throwing big money at Durant shows their desire to compete in the shoe game.

Also, Adidas schools Kansas, Louisville and Michigan don't seem to be at a disadvantage in hoops recruiting.

Last edited: