Class of 2015 - LS Matt Keller (PA) Signed LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LS Matt Keller (PA) Signed LOI

B6SS0xFCAAArcLG.jpg:large

Free Article...http://syracuse.At their request, t..../story/1498243-ua-game-matt-keller-interview

http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./145/1458403.jpg?w=600&h=360&fit=max
Matt Keller is one of two long snappers in the Under Armour All-America Game. He has committed to Syracuse.

Matt Keller is a recruit from Millerville (Pa.) Penn Manor. He’s one of the two long snappers in the Under Armour All-America Game.
”This is awesome,” Kellae said. “To be a long snapper and see all of these great players around me is pretty neat.”
Keller did exceptionally well this summer at the Kohl’s National Kicking event. That’s how he won a ticket to play in this all-star game.
”I went to a bunch of camps and then went to the [Kohls] national scholarship camp in Wisconsin,” Keller said. “I was one of the two highest scorers. They judge on speed and accuracy. A good time snapping is .7 to .8 and I was at .69. There are guys a little faster but I did well all the way around and scored well in hitting targets.”
Keller, 6-foot-0, 225-pounds, has earned a scholarship to Syracuse and committed to the Orange.
”I am going to Syracuse and leaving January 9th for school,” Keller said. “I am enrolling early. They were really honest with me and the first to visit with me. It’s a staff filled with a bunch of great guys.
Special teams wise they use you. You are not sitting around in the corner. Chris Gould is their special teams coach. He was a kicker himself and he knows what he’s doing.”

"Chris Gould is their special teams coach. He was a kicker himself and he knows what he’s doing.”

say what?

http://www.cuse.com/coaches.aspx?rc=932&path=football

Christopher Gould joined the Syracuse coaching staff as the special teams quality control coach after working with current Orange quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator Tim Lester at Elmhurst College. At Elmhurst, Gould was the assistant special teams coach, specializing in working with punters and kickers.

A 2008 graduate of the University of Virginia, Gould served as the Cavaliers kicker and punter from 2004-08. He set Virginia season and career records for most field goals in a single game and most punts downed inside the 20 yard line. He was named one of the 10 most clutch players in the history of the Atlantic Coast Conference by ESPN.com.

His brother, Robbie, is the placekicker for the Chicago Bears.