Class of 2015 - LS Matt Keller (PA) Signed LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LS Matt Keller (PA) Signed LOI

http://syracusefan.com/threads/ls-matt-keller-pa-verballed-to-syracuse.82826/page-2#post-1220805

Penn Manor standout long snapper Matt Keller commits to Syracuse

By Jeff Reinhart | PennLive.com
on December 07, 2014 3:26 PM, updated December 07, 2014 3:41 PM
Reddit
Email

Penn Manor's Matt Keller has committed to Syracuse. (Jeff Reinhart | PennLive)
Penn Manor senior Matt Keller, the top-ranked long snapper in the country, has committed to Syracuse.
Comets' coach Todd Mealy confirmed to PennLive that Keller will play for the Orange, which compete in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
According to Kohl's Kicking Camps, Keller is the No. 1 long snapper among seniors in the nation; he was a Kohl's first-team All-American selection following his junior season, and Kohl's tabbed Keller as a 5-star recruit.
Keller was also named an L-L Section 1 all-star this season, when Penn Manor went 6-5 and reached the District 3-AAAA playoffs.
Keller will play in the Under Armour All-American Game in Florida next month — and then he'll be heading to Syracuse next fall.
More coming about Keller's commitment soon.

Nice. I have no problem giving a schollie to a long snapper. There are things you just don't want to have to worry about when it comes to winning games and being able to snap accurately is one of them.
Now let's hope we improve our coverage teams...especially KO coverage.

Hopefully Sterling H. will make KO coverage moot.

Did you know Rick Harwood, Art Pluta or Jamie Keefer?
I remember Rick and Pluta although i didnt know them well. For some reason i want to say they might have been older than me

I remember Rick and Pluta although i didnt know them well. For some reason i want to say they might have been older than me

They were, I worked with both of them at Lockheed in Syracuse several years ago. I met Jamie through Art and we all played flag football in a city league together.

I coach with art at central square hs. He is a great guy. Lives in brewerton. Works at carrier now.

I coach with art at central square hs. He is a great guy. Lives in brewerton. Works at carrier now.

Yeah love the guy, great teammate and friend ... he was always fun to hang out with and his wife Jen is awesome. Great people and Art is the biggest Bills fan I know ... poor bastard has suffered quite a bit LOL.

Yes he has. He will be in trouble in a few years with his girls. 2 adorable daughters they have. I got his number if u needed it. Art likes to reminisce.

I always think back to that botched snap during Paulus's first game that cost the game against MN. Even though it wasn't a long snap that is just seared into my memory.
We had to stop running shotgun for a year because we didn't have a center that could do it...dark days my friend.

Yes he has. He will be in trouble in a few years with his girls. 2 adorable daughters they have. I got his number if u needed it. Art likes to reminisce.

I have his cell but when I called from Georgia I don't think he recognized the number. Just tell him Schreck says hello ... he will remember. Actually better yet ask him about our flag football kicker named Trevor ... that will spin up a few hilarious stories. Between Trevor and one of our linebackers named Martin I thought Art was gonna have a heart attack ... good times.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Macky originally brought in as a long snapper? That turned out very well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Macky originally brought in as a long snapper? That turned out very well.
I don't think so but his ability to long-snap got him on the field as a freshman.

bnoro said:
Macky was brought on to play center and we moved him off long snapping after his sophomore year
sorta right then.

Just throwing it out there - there are 2 LS'ers in the Army AA game, both scholarship, one committed to LSU, the other to Ohio St. So it doesn't look like we're the only school that does this.
You are correct and the whole philosophy of the long snapper and college programs has changed over the last five+ years. A lot of big-time schools give scholarships to premier long snappers. There is a camp circuit now also. Schools see the importance and have acted on it. The days of a four year walk-on snapper are over.

Matt Keller‏@MKeller51 1h1 hour ago
About to leave for this #UAALLAMERICA game!
1f3c8.png
2708.png
2600.png