LSU Postgamer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LSU Postgamer

I like Bell more every game. He will probably be our leading scorer next year.

Mintz played like a pro against college kids! And most importantly when other guys started scoring he stopped looking for his shots and moved the ball.

Man JJ had a horrible game. He needs some sort of jump shot or teams will keep laying off of him.

I’ve seen enough of Benny he is what he is.

Was impressed with the Highlander. He was the key to the defense that kept us in the lead during the first half when only Mintz was scoring.

It’s good to see Red getting comfortable. Getting after guys and pulling them for mistakes.

JJ is still a problem. I’m not sure how long we can allow our 2 guard to go 1 for the season from 3. He had zero fg’s tonight
You've been on this for awhile but I texted a buddy that a bright side of this start is that it's starting to be far more likely that JJ is in our starting lineup again next season than he's a pro basketball player.

He's not close to being a NBA player right now and that's not a hot take or disrespectful, at all.

Agree -- the ball movement was excellent tonight. There was one possession in particular that must have had 5-6 passes and ended with a Taylor three in the corner in front of SU bench. In general, the team was pretty unselfish, except for the one drive by JJ in first half when he should have dished it to an open Mintz on his left. There was a play late in the game where Mintz passed on what looked like an open three to try to get Benny involved -- Benny took a three instead (missed that one but hit the next one).
Love the way Bell and Taylor are finding each other

Yes, LSU was spectacularly bad in the 2nd half. This was still progress. We need to get Starling sorted out ASAP. The athleticism is there, the ability to penetrate is there but it is not translating to consistent offense. If he can find his place we can become a pretty good offense

Give him a few more games. Give him December.

Judah is cookin' right now. His stock is doing great. Just keep passing, getting to the line, and taking the RIGHT shots from outside.

Starling and Copeland are both going to solidify their roles in the next month. Taylor and Chris doing a nice job, Benny had some good minutes tonight, too.

Team is still growing together. Baby steps. Great ball movement and better rebounding in the second half. And I’m sure many didn’t notice but Bell had a very good game defensively.

Team is still growing together. Baby steps. Great ball movement and better rebounding in the second half. And I’m sure many didn’t notice but Bell had a very good game defensively.
His on ball defense was good tonight. He has a tendency to ball watch when his guy doesn’t have the ball and that can hurt him, but he was better overall.

That seemed to be the case from my eyes also, but wanted someone smarter than me to confirm it.

It's not all or nothing with either of them. It's about consistency, and more importantly learning how to impose your will on an opponent. Rebounding is about will. Defense is about will. It's about focus and execution.

Great observations, sir. Yes, we played the best we have, especially considering quality of opponent, as we have done all year. Boding well for the future. Many people contributing. Very excited to see!

LSU gave up with about 13 minutes to go, but we really looked sharp offensively.

Very nice win. Those two thumpings had to be hard to rewatch on film for the guys.

The team is moving in the right direction. Still don’t have all the parts we need, but I see a foundation forming.

Judah played much more under control tonight.

It's not all or nothing with either of them. It's about consistency, and more importantly learning how to impose your will on an opponent. Rebounding is about will. Defense is about will. It's about focus and execution.
I like what the color guy said about McLeod. He’s good for only one play per possession. He‘ll make a nice block, but doesn’t get the secondary rebound. Not sure if it’s effort, or he’s just slow.

LSU gave up with about 13 minutes to go, but we really looked sharp offensively.

Very nice win. Those two thumpings had to be hard to rewatch on film for the guys.

The team is moving in the right direction. Still don’t have all the parts we need, but I see a foundation forming.

Isn't that nice to see US make the opponent buckle under!

The rebounding isn’t bad because of Taylor. It’s bad because of McLoud. Once Brown came in for him we got the majority of the rebounds.
i mean it’s all of it. Bell isn’t a good rebounder at all. Taylor playing the 4 is a massive disadvantage for his rebounding ability (I do think he is a good rebounder for a 6’6 SF though). McLeod isn’t a good rebound either.

Bell is going to be a star before he is done at SU. He’s getting better at everything. I’m not sure why it’s hard for people to see.

Judah will be gone but it seems like the guys we have coming in solve a lot of ills. Slide JJ to the 1 add a 2 who can shoot which helps Bell a lot. Add a legit 4.

You've been on this for awhile but I texted a buddy that a bright side of this start is that it's starting to be far more likely that JJ is in our starting lineup again next season than he's a pro basketball player.

He's not close to being a NBA player right now and that's not a hot take or disrespectful, at all.

And you know, there's nothing wrong with that. You only get one chance at the NBA, or a pro career. In my opinion, it doesn't cost you so much to develop your game for another year, where you will be an important player in big games, versus sitting at the end of the bench in a G League team with 26 year old men trying to get a job in the league.

i mean it’s all of it. Bell isn’t a good rebounder at all. Taylor playing the 4 is a massive disadvantage for his rebounding ability (I do think he is a good rebounder for a 6’6 SF though). McLeod isn’t a good rebound either.

I think they all have room to improve. They have the physical skills to be better than they have shown so far. Just look at them. They can be taught.

Great win tonight! Judah was awesome, best game of his career. Haha did you see Red’s reaction on the Copeland behind the back to Brown for the finish… great play, but I think Copeland was done for the night if it didn’t turn out, I loved it.

As for JJ, that first half pressured 3 he missed… maybe these most circular, far from the body load up for a jumper I’ve ever seen. It looks so unnatural. Instead of tight in the body & straight up through into the shot, it’s so broken. It almost looked like he tried to tighten it up on the Free Throw form, but in live action it’s pretty egregious. I’m sad for him, he has some really solid other basketball attributes, but it seems to be effecting his confidence right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom