Lydon and Richardson | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon and Richardson

15 games 17 games I am glad fans expectations are pretty meaningless.

Just tossing this out, the 15 games and 17 games I said were meaningless numbers only to illustrate how messed we are if TL is our go to center. And I believe that was highlighted last night.

Again doesnt mean TL is a bad player or even a bad person. But he is not a center. he is at his best blocking jump shots off the wing, hitting 3's, being smart, and grabbing boards (which i think he will be much better when not being blocked out by bigger stronger centers)

just as long as you understand that I am in no way saying Lydon sucks as a player - just that we can't win with him as our main CENTER.

If he plays 25 minutes AT CENTER, we will not win 18 games (i said we will win 17). He could play 40 minutes a game for all I care. But according to my math he played right around 25 min AT CENTER last night. Keep in mind he played 31 overall. I am NOT saying we will suck if Lydon plays. See the difference?

My math is figuring out how many minutes Coleman + Chino played and subtracting that number by 40 because Im pretty sure that Lydon was the only other option at Center. I didnt see Roberson there at all.
Ok, how about this? Lydon will play the majority of minutes at center and we'll win more than 17?

If this was all true I don't see how Kaleb/Howard wouldn't have been on the court especially given only 4 minutes for our soph.
I think its off by quite a bit.
Kaleb was awful. I actually thought Howard played ok. Not sure why he didn't play in the second.

The Bonnies were 19 for 44 3/4 through the game thats 43% and 10 threes
And they had offensive boards on top of it.

If they were shooting around 40 percent only had 6 threes Roberson didn't force Malachi to two turnovers on rebounds and we grabbed another board or two that would have been about 10 points off the board on them.

My point being is they were scoring we are going to face some teams that can.
Lydon is going to play alot of center in our extended zone against teams that shoot well and we will be fine when he does. If your not ready for lydon at center in high scoring games better get used to it.

Ok, how about this? Lydon will play the majority of minutes at center and we'll win more than 17?

Or we can keep it how I said it, because I'm not in the business of finding ways to bet against my team. I want them to win the national title.

If Coleman + Chino avg =/< 15 min a game and we win more than 17 - Ill give you $100 - or vice versa...

Or we can keep it how I said it, because I'm not in the business of finding ways to bet against my team. I want them to win the national title.

If Coleman + Chino avg =/< 15 min a game and we win more than 17 - Ill give you $100.
Because your parameters are arbitrary. I think your point was that Lydon playing a majority of the 5 min only makes us marginally better. If he avgs 21 mpg at center it seems odd that you'd "win". Look, I'll back off because you don't like to "bet against your team". You just like to go and publicly state it's basically JBs worst team ever on a message board.

Because your parameters are arbitrary. I think your point was that Lydon playing a majority of the 5 min only makes us marginally better. If he avgs 21 mpg at center it seems odd that you'd "win". Look, I'll back off because you don't like to "bet against your team". You just like to go and publicly state it's basically JBs worst team ever on a message board.

How are my parameters arbitrary?

My main point is that I hope Lydon playing Center DOESN'T actually make us better. If so i think we are screwed and its not going to be pretty either way.

You're going to back off but then immediately make an accusation?

I will back off and go to bed. Have a good night.

AZOrange said:
Hey weren't you the one that that questioned Malachi's ability to play at this level? Glass houses.

Well, if we must.

I took my stance because of the three others who saw him play and questioned parts of his game.

One was rebounding. He doesn't rebound well.

So they were right there.

They questioned his defense. He's not a great defender.

They said he could shoot. No doubt about that.

I've been impressed with his game. You won't hear me complain.

If this was all true I don't see how Kaleb/Howard wouldn't have been on the court especially given only 4 minutes for our soph.
I think its off by quite a bit.

Okay, that's not serious, is it? In the first 4 minutes or so he left his feet ala Kaleb Joseph on a pass that never hit the target, got his pocket picked near mid-court, had an outlet almost intercepted that was deflected out-of-bounds, and was pretty weak overall......AND, G got taken out first for a stern talking to. :)

Again, it seems like player development isn't a priority (low margin for error I suppose). Hopefully FH gets some minutes...

If there is one thing we have learned Cooney is gonna play 39-40 minutes a game most nights if the game is even somewhat reasonably close and the opponent isn't at the level of national laughingstock......even if the performance in the first 30 minutes was pretty weak (especially considering the opponent). I mean, people celebrate our 2G getting to the rim once (maybe twice) against St. Bonaventure as if it's a "in your face critics" moment. That's more of an indictment if you ask me...He's JB's safety blanket. His last 10 minutes though were VERY good - hopefully that becomes the norm. He's capable - would love to see some consistency from he and Roberson. He does hustle though - earned us a few steals and some easy points late. :)

Really like these 2.

Think both will be better then CMac was in his short time last year.

I don't see either having the same impact as Ennis did as a Freshman, but they should be 2 of our more productive Freshman that we have had in the past 5 or 6 years.

There wasn't a bigger Rak fan than I was, but i'd trade Lydon/Richardson for Rak.

He's getting wide open looks. He literally can't shoot. He can barely dribble. His passing is not good. His defense is awful in the zone aside from the steals. His d rebounding was ok, and he made some steals. He has to play better.
Maybe you only watched the first half of the game.

If Coleman + Chino avg =/< 15 min a game and we win more than 17 - Ill give you $100 - or vice versa...

I'm reminded of the story of the Irishman who upon leaving a pub notices two guys brawling in the street and asks "is this a private fight or can anyone join in?" I'd be happy to take some of that Coleman + Chino avg < 15 min and we win > 17 this year. Of course I would need to receive a waiver in case of an injury for DC.

Really like these 2.

Think both will be better then CMac was in his short time last year.

I don't see either having the same impact as Ennis did as a Freshman, but they should be 2 of our more productive Freshman that we have had in the past 5 or 6 years.

There wasn't a bigger Rak fan than I was, but i'd trade Lydon/Richardson for Rak.

I don't know how many years Lydon will play at SU but I expect him to be much more productive than RC was in his four years.

Malachi is the first MCD AA we've had in a while who looked the part as a freshman. Very impressive dude.
FWIW, I think MCW actually looked every bit the part as a freshman, just no way he was gonna play on that team.

But yeah Malachi and Lydon both look legit. If Chuwku is for real then next year's team is gonna be scary.

Last edited:
bpo57 said:
I don't know how many years Lydon will play at SU but I expect him to be much more productive than RC was in his four years.

I'd say 2 years if we're lucky.

But, yes I agree, especially if we get the 2nd year

He may be more productive in 4 year statistics but I'd be willing to bet he never has a season with the numbers Rak put up last year. I'll put money on that.

Maybe you only watched the first half of the game.
I don't think he's been good in any of the 4 halves I've seen. he's a SG that literally cannot shoot right now. Would just be nice to see what someone else could do with his 17 three point attempts in 2 games.

I don't think he's been good in any of the 4 halves I've seen. he's a SG that literally cannot shoot right now. Would just be nice to see what someone else could do with his 17 three point attempts in 2 games.
It's just odd because, how confident was everyone his first made three was going in? 95%? Form and follow through was perfect, but you even see it on his free throws, he shoots like a gunner at the YCMA who cares more about the drama of the shot (it's a fade away...look, im literally drifting away from the basket whilst shooting... Cool!) than actually making the shot. I still have some ever-widening faith he can work it out though. It does baffle me.

It's just odd because, how confident was everyone his first made three was going in? 95%? Form and follow through was perfect, but you even see it on his free throws, he shoots like a gunner at the YCMA who cares more about the drama of the shot (it's a fade away...look, im literally drifting away from the basket whilst shooting... Cool!) than actually making the shot. I still have some ever-widening faith he can work it out though. It does baffle me.
Me too. He looks so mechanical on the court it's nuts.

Kaleb was awful. I actually thought Howard played ok. Not sure why he didn't play in the second.

Because we were losing? And then after we were winning JB stuck with what was working.

He may be more productive in 4 year statistics but I'd be willing to bet he never has a season with the numbers Rak put up last year. I'll put money on that.

TL plays on a team with many more offensive options than what Rak had last year. Rak had a great year last year but unfortunately the first three were nothing to write home about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom