Lydon ... He NOT Gone | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon ... He NOT Gone

Of course a thread about Lydon definitely coming back turns into a discussion about Mali. We knew he would put his name in, right? If he hears good news he's gone, if not he stays. No reason to freak out. Hope MR does what's best for him

Of course a thread about Lydon definitely coming back turns into a discussion about Mali. We knew he would put his name in, right? If he hears good news he's gone, if not he stays. No reason to freak out. Hope MR does what's best for him

I never really thought Lydon was even considering the Nba.

I hope Mali comes back but how do you guys watch his game and compare him to McCullough and Ennis? Mali is a prototype 2G with serious skill. He's not a hyped up point guard riding Syracuse publicity or a skinny PF coming off an injury.

Liked how Lydons game matured last third of the season...his hoop IQ was already impressive for a frosh...looking forward to what an off season of S&C can do for him and his game next year...will be fun to watch...

making millions on NBA bench. Hope he save it b/c he ain't getting a 2nd contract. Will Avery/Johnny Flynn territory

He had 15 points last night. Too early to call it on him. Austin Rivers was absolutely horrible early in his career and he's improved into an ok player who should hang around for awhile.

Flynn got hurt.

I hope Mali comes back but how do you guys watch his game and compare him to McCullough and Ennis? Mali is a prototype 2G with serious skill. He's not a hyped up point guard riding Syracuse publicity or a skinny PF coming off an injury.

McCullough is 6'10, long, and has a nice shooting touch. He projects as a guy who could potentially both block shots and make outside shots...same reason they like Lydon.

Ennis had one of the all time great Syracuse Point Guard seasons ...for about 3/4 of the season. He hit the wall a bit. But he earned the hype.

Richardson was a more dynamic scorer than either as a freshman, but I don't think he necessarily projects as a better pro right now. He was amazing in flashes this year, but ultimately he shot averaged 13 ppg on 37% shooting. Shooting 37% in the NBA gets you a lot of bench time, unless you're an elite defender.

McCullough is 6'10, long, and has a nice shooting touch. He projects as a guy who could potentially both block shots and make outside shots...same reason they like Lydon.

Ennis had one of the all time great Syracuse Point Guard seasons ...for about 3/4 of the season. He hit the wall a bit. But he earned the hype.

Richardson was a more dynamic scorer than either as a freshman, but I don't think he necessarily projects as a better pro right now. He was amazing in flashes this year, but ultimately he shot averaged 13 ppg on 37% shooting. Shooting 37% in the NBA gets you a lot of bench time, unless you're an elite defender.

This is pretty much where I'm at. McCullough was a projected first rounder before he ever played a game at SU. Mali was not. MR looked outstanding in stretches, but was definitely inconsistent. I just don't think his performances this year convinced scouts he's worth a first round pick when they didn't even think that originally.

If he grades out in the first round he should go, but I think we'll see him back.

Would Lydon join Marvin Williams as the only 1st round pick to never start a game?

Would Syracuse become the first team to have 2 players drafted in the 1st round who never started a game?

Not sure, but I'll take him at his word and my own eye test that he could go much higher by adding to his game and taking on a much bigger role.

Corey Maggette came off the bench for Duke in his one year there, if I recall correctly.

Waiters never started at SU, if that's what you're asking.

Yes, that's what I was asking. I knew he wasn't a starter, but wasn't sure if Triche or Scoop ever missed a game while Waiters was here.

Daniel Orton. Etic Bledsoe, Trey Lyle's? Devin Booker. Theyre has been a lot at UK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom