Lydon ... He NOT Gone | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon ... He NOT Gone

Lydon knows he would need.more muscle. If he didn't know that, playing against UNC last night solidified the learning process. Every NBA team has physically developed bog men. Lydon would have to play them and he would be physically beat up by midseason. At least another year of S&C, work on a #3/4 role and he may be ready for a bug paycheck.

Regardless, Lydon seems like a kid with a strong family behind him and may value an education long term while fully developing his game. I would not be surprised if he stated four years anymore than if he goes pro after next season.

Lydon knows he would need.more muscle. If he didn't know that, playing against UNC last night solidified the learning process. Every NBA team has physically developed bog men. Lydon would have to play them and he would be physically beat up by midseason. At least another year of S&C, work on a #3/4 role and he may be ready for a bug paycheck.

Regardless, Lydon seems like a kid with a strong family behind him and may value an education long term while fully developing his game. I would not be surprised if he stated four years anymore than if he goes pro after next season.

I'm not picking on you at all but it just seems like in most cases that when an African American player is looking to leave early "they need money" but every Caucasian player "has a great family structure".

What evidence do we pull this information from?

I'm not picking on you at all but it just seems like in most cases that when an African American player is looking to leave early "they need money" but every Caucasian player "has a great family structure".

What evidence do we pull this information from?

This is not true at all. Everyone said Devo left because he needed the money. Has nothing to do with the race of our players. Has everything to do with common sense. If a player has parents that come ad support their kid at these games regularly, it doesn't take much to realize that they have a good family support structure, whether they are black, white or yellow.

I wouldn't take anything TL said last night as the truth. Maybe he does come back, but he'd be silly to not declare. And once he's measured, teams can see his athleticism and shooting stroke, it wouldn't shock me if he got a top 20 guarantee. He's a better prospect than McCullough was last year IMO.

His "I plan on staying" isn't exactly encouraging anyhow. It all comes down to what info he gets and after he declares, how well he performs in the combine and in workouts. He may very well be planning to come back but that doesn't mean he won't end up leaving.

I hate being so jaded about this whole process. It just seems our non-lottery picks leave the first chance they get more than any other program.

This is not true at all. Everyone said Devo left because he needed the money. Has nothing to do with the race of our players. Has everything to do with common sense. If a player has parents that come ad support their kid at these games regularly, it doesn't take much to realize that they have a good family support structure, whether they are black, white or yellow.

Devo left because he wasn't welcomed back.

Are there parents that don't go to ANY games?

You really don't have a clue who has a good family structure and who doesn't. One could have a perfect family but just cannot afford to see their kids play. Ridiculous.

Devo left because he wasn't welcomed back.

Are there parents that don't go to ANY games?

You really don't have a clue who has a good family structure and who doesn't. One could have a perfect family but just cannot afford to see their kids play. Ridiculous.

I never said the parents that dont or cant go to games are bad parents, just that the ones that do are most likely good ones. Your are trying to create a racial narrative that simply isn't there.

The Lydons are good people; and they have a very good family structure. My belief is if Tyler said he is coming back, he will be back.

Tyler Ennis says hi
Perhaps you should check in on him before you post stupid things like this. He's actually been playing really well over the last month with all the Bucks injuries. Had 12 assists a couple games ago. He absolutely made the right decision to leave.

I never said the parents that dont or cant go to games are bad parents, just that the ones that do are most likely good ones. Your are trying to create a racial narrative that simply isn't there.

Tyler Ennis had a good family structure, why did he leave after a year? MCW as well, why did he leave after two?

If the guy is a first round pick he's probably gone regardless of family structure or family wealth. These guys want to play in the NBA more than they do Syracuse, I know that's difficult for some CNY'ers to believe.

Perhaps you should check in on him before you post stupid things like this. He's actually been playing really well over the last month with all the Bucks injuries. Had 12 assists a couple games ago. He absolutely made the right decision to leave.

He made the right decision because his ceiling wasn't that high. And after the press he got during the year with Dick Vitale calling him the best freshman point guard in the country, he wasn't going to get much more unless we won the national title (which wouldn't have been possible with the penalties).

I don't think Grant did - nor do I think Richardson would be making the right one. Their ceilings are much higher, and would have been better served being in a bigger role, improved stats and lifting their draft status.

He made the right decision because his ceiling wasn't that high. And after the press he got during the year with Dick Vitale calling him the best freshman point guard in the country, he wasn't going to get much more unless we won the national title (which wouldn't have been possible with the penalties).

I don't think Grant did - nor do I think Richardson would be making the right one. Their ceilings are much higher, and would have been better served being in a bigger role, improved stats and lifting their draft status.

So Jeremy Grant would have been better than he is now if he stayed in school?

So instead of being able to practice with no limits with state of the art facilities and the best coaching he'd be better off in Syracuse taking Swahili and the other distractions of being a college student?

Jeremi Grant is a millionaire who plays solid minutes in the best basketball league in the world.

So instead of being able to practice with no limits with state of the art facilities and the best coaching he'd be better off in Syracuse taking Swahili and the other distractions of being a college student?

Jeremi Grant is a millionaire who plays solid minutes in the best basketball league in the world.

Grant had the fortune of being drafted by a team that might be one of the worst in NBA history. His contract is only two years guaranteed, with a third being a team option. None of the yearly salaries are more than $1 million per season.

Had Grant stayed, he had the potential to be drafted, at the very least, in the teens. He would have made double the salary than what he's making now (look at Ennis' contract).

Sorry, but if I'm making an investment in my future, I bet that I'm going to have a good year in college and double my earning potential rather than taking a huge risk.

Grant had the fortune of being drafted by a team that might be one of the worst in NBA history. His contract is only two years guaranteed, with a third being a team option. None of the yearly salaries are more than $1 million per season.

Had Grant stayed, he had the potential to be drafted, at the very least, in the teens. He would have made double the salary than what he's making now (look at Ennis' contract).

Sorry, but if I'm making an investment in my future, I bet that I'm going to have a good year in college and double my earning potential rather than taking a huge risk.

You don't think that maybe he had a promise to get drafted with a contract?

McAdoo stayed around with the same mentality as you, he was probably a first round pick at one point, think he made the right decision? How'd that work out for him?

Grant is a millionaire in his early 20s, cite his contract that's fine but don't try to get away from the facts. He'll also be getting that fat bonus check from the Sixers for being under the salary floor.

There's more risk to stay than there is to leave, you need to improve far more than you think to improve your draft stock from a second rounder to a lottery pick.

He's in the d-league right now.

You don't think that maybe he had a promise to get drafted with a contract?

McAdoo stayed around with the same mentality as you, he was probably a first round pick at one point, think he made the right decision? How'd that work out for him?

Grant is a millionaire in his early 20s, cite his contract that's fine but don't try to get away from the facts. He'll also be getting that fat bonus check from the Sixers for being under the salary floor.

There's more risk to stay than there is to leave, you need to improve far more than you think to improve your draft stock from a second rounder to a lottery pick.

He had a promise to be drafted IN THE SECOND ROUND?!

No. No he didn't.

McAdoo is making right in the same ballpark as Grant is this season and is playing minutes for the world champions. We'll see what happens with each's career archs. Rooting for Jerami and think he's got a chance, but he didn't help himself leaving too early.

He had a promise to be drafted IN THE SECOND ROUND?!

No. No he didn't.

McAdoo is making right in the same ballpark as Grant is this season and is playing minutes for the world champions. We'll see what happens with each's career archs. Rooting for Jerami and think he's got a chance, but he didn't help himself leaving too early.

Well, you're obviously clueless how pro basketball works and now realize I'm arguing with somebody who really has no idea.

Yes, teams communicate with players, EVEN IN THE SECOND ROUND, and tell them that they will draft them and give them $$$$$$.

He was in the d-league, I guess he got called up.

He's played a grand total of 9 games in the d-league this year, none since February when he played 2, assuming it was during the all star game so he could get minutes.

Well, you're obviously clueless how pro basketball works and now realize I'm arguing with somebody who really has no idea.

Yes, teams communicate with players, EVEN IN THE SECOND ROUND, and tell them that they will draft them and give them $$$$$$.

Hahahaha. Knew I should have stopped this argument before it started.

Pretty sure you're the one that doesn't have much of a clue. But I'm not going to continue the pissing war.

Hahahaha. Knew I should have stopped this argument before it started.

Pretty sure you're the one that doesn't have much of a clue. But I'm not going to continue the pissing war.

Keep thinking all basketball revolves around Syracuse then wonder why guys leave early when their "not ready". They don't go because they won't play or get drafted. Continue to think otherwise.

People who talk about staying in school for others are selfish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom