MacAdoo decision in an hour | Syracusefan.com

MacAdoo decision in an hour

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Announcing between 8:30 and 9:00 tonight whether he is returning to UNC or leaving for the NBA. This on the "heels" of Bullock's decision to bolt.

So ridiculous... What was all that bs about all three deciding to stay last week?

So ridiculous... What was all that bs about all three deciding to stay last week?
Roy Boy seriously must beg his players to return.

Lawson, Green, Ellington, and Hansbrough in 2008
Barnes, Zeller, Henson, Marshall in 2011
Hairston, Bullock, and McAdoo in 2013?

Ya I thought the same thing... Odd... Anyways I hope he stays and I hope Wiggins goes to either UNC or FSU. I will revel in the fact that we get to play the #1 recruit and hopefully shut him down with our Zone.

He'd be dumb to stay. He's already seen his draft stock plummet considering he was an easy top 5 before the season started. UNC doesn't do a good job at getting players better. He needs to go get drafted, and start getting developed and worked out by real nba coaches who can make him better. I mean just look at the list of McDonalds guys that were ranked real high with tons of potential and high billing and then stayed 3-4 years and never really tapped into their potential. He'll be the same exact player a year from now if he stays at UNC, minus the obvious development that comes with being a year older, except he'll be a year older and trying to go in a much better draft.

Annnnnndddd another few million down the drain for McAdoo

Roy must get on his knees for all these McDonald's AA to stay 3-4 years at UNC

Annnnnndddd another few million down the drain for McAdoo

Why do you say that? He could easily improve his status at UNC and earn a better contact with more valuable endorsements with a tourney run next year.

Good decision on his part. Refreshing to see at least someone stay in school. College basketball is becoming a joke.

its not a good decision this year . . . . . . . more competition next year and uys who have only played collge one year always have higher undeveloped potential where as a guy who played 3 years in college magnifies weaknesses especially those that have remained the sae for 3 years. He will have to show major improvement IMO to keep the same draft improvement. Same reason MCW should have and has declared. This is always about money which is hard for fans to seee.

Why do you say that? He could easily improve his status at UNC and earn a better contact with more valuable endorsements with a tourney run next year.

Good decision on his part. Refreshing to see at least someone stay in school. College basketball is becoming a joke.
His lack of offense was hidden on a team with Zeller, Henson, Barnes, Marshall. Bullock, and Hairston in 2011-2012. He should have left last spring when people thought he could actually score the ball besides dunk. He'll get exposed even more in 2013-2014 and become Perry Jones

that dude's stock isn't going anywhere but down.

mcadoo has to develop a consistant outside shot or he is 2nd rd at best.. good player but more of a good college player than good prospect- last year was his best chance kind like marvin williams did with the team that won it all

that dude's stock isn't going anywhere but down.

Then he's not a first round pick anyway and therefore he'd rather just stick around college while enjoying playing major college basketball for one more year. The horror!

Then he's not a first round pick anyway and therefore he'd rather just stick around college while enjoying playing major college basketball for one more year. The horror!

He is this year, already lost money not going last year why do the same thing again.

Once again the theory that the goal is for woefully subpar players to somehow trick NBA teams into drafting them. It's the stupidest group think going in sports right now. It has fully replaced the transitive property which has finally gone out of style.

Announcing between 8:30 and 9:00 tonight whether he is returning to UNC or leaving for the NBA. This on the "heels" of Bullock's decision to bolt.

These guys aren't even that good. Someone needs to start being honest with these kids and telling them the truth...they kinda suck at basketball compared to the players in the NBA and they should stay in college as long as they can. Maybe McAdoo got that message.

Why is there the presumption that he won't improve himself as a player? Has the guy peaked already, when it's a common expectation that other players continue to develop?

He'll be fine either way. I'm always glad when kids value the college experience, for whatever reasons. I know how much I would have missed if i had fewer than four years of college, and i'm not speaking of coursework.

Once again the theory that the goal is for woefully subpar players to somehow trick NBA teams into drafting them. It's the stupidest group think going in sports right now. It has fully replaced the transitive property which has finally gone out of style.

Even sports writers are starting to pick up on the concept that it is the SECOND contract that makes you the money. First round contracts are only a fraction of what they used to be, and that money is gone in a hurry. If you aren't good enough to get a second contract, you're making a mistake by coming out early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom