Malachi taking advantage of his pro status | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Malachi taking advantage of his pro status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a person can do everything you just recommended, and still come back feeling like malachi sounds/or is acting like a tool. that's all this thread is about. the dude is probably some kind of self-centered tool which ironically will either be his rise or downfall in the nba. either he is so self-centered that he works so hard he makes it, or he is so self-centered that he doesn't think he needs to work and doesn't make it. or he just isn't good enough. either way the deck is stacked against him and I wish him the best.

Calling a 19 year old kid a self centered tool is such a jackass thing to say. by all accounts he was keeping his options open throughout the process until he got feedback that he could go as high as a lottery pick. No one screamed when Rak charged for autographs, but it is an issue with Mali? Over the last few months he has had syracuse "fans" ripping him for going pro, and when he responds he gets labeled dumb like this. If you don't like him charging don't buy an autograph.

This young man will be a great asset to the community and program

2016 NBA draft pick Malachi Richardson visits Trenton-area kids at Lawrence Clubhouse

I think Jb really feels like he needed another year of college, he tells players to go when they are ready.
JB made a comment to that effect early on, before Mali had gone through the evaluation process, and before ANYONE had a good handle on where he might be drafted. I would guess JB is now comfortable with where he was selected and quite happy for him.

JB made a comment to that effect early on, before Mali had gone through the evaluation process, and before ANYONE had a good handle on where he might be drafted. I would guess JB is now comfortable with where he was selected and quite happy for him.

You don't know that.

You don't know that.
Which is why I qualified what I said when speculating about how JB feels now.

I also attempted to place JB's initial comments in context, because context is important and something that seems to be lost on many who post here, including you.

This thread cracks me up.

Just off the top of my head Cuse guys the past few years I remember charging for autographs in the Syracuse area within 2-3 months after the season being over:

CJ Fair
Cmac
Rak
Wes
Every member of Boeheim's Army last year during an appearance at the Mall.
Tyler Ennis...although the following season at Destiny the day of the Syracuse/Duke game when in town during the ASG break.

Also, Melo's signing fee with Steiner (exclusive) starts at $325. Not a typo.

Last edited:
Which is why I qualified what I said when speculating about how JB feels now.

I also attempted to place JB's initial comments in context, because context is important and something that seems to be lost on many who post here, including you.

Right, my gut feeling is Jb still thinks he needed another year of school.

Back in '99 I went to Cooperstown to see Ryan, Yount, and Brett inducted. I had just finished my senior year of high school. Saw Pete Rose selling his 'graph for $10.

To this day I regret not getting it.
Are you collecting autographs from gamblers? Take a picture instead.

This thread cracks me up.

Just off the top of my head Cuse guys the past year I remember charging for autographs in the Syracuse area within 2-3 months after the season being over:

CJ Fair
Cmac
Rak
Wes
Every member of Boeheim's Army last year during an appearance at the Mall.
Tyler Ennis...although the following season at Destiny the day of the Syracuse/Duke game when in town during the ASG break.

Also, Melo's signing fee with Steiner (exclusive) starts at $325. Not a typo.

I don't understand for the life of me why anyone would want to pay that much money for someones autograph.

I don't understand for the life of me why anyone would want to pay that much money for someones autograph.
Here's your answer:

Are you collecting autographs from gamblers? Take a picture instead.

You can define him your way. I'll define him mine.

I don't collect. It was a brief moment when I just turned 18. He was a couple feet away and nobody was around. Yeah, I regret not shelling out $10 for that and a brief conversation.

He wasn't a gambler to me. Nor a father, husband, son, Christian, etc.

He was Charlie Hustle. And that meant something to me.

Malachi has to stop with this hate nonsense, thinking a player could use another year of college, isn't hating .

Agreed.

I developed a higher opinion of Richardson than I had of any of our recent early entrants, but this inability to distinguish between criticism of behavior and 'hating' is unfortunate. It's a trait he shares with the very worst posters on this board.

Speaking of struggling to make distinctions, for the posters who think making paid endorsements for a commercial enterprise is the same thing as signing autographs for a fee at a school: really? I think you've got some people disagreeing with you for the sake of being disagreeable, Brian.

Last edited:
I am not an autograph seeker. I have had many opportunities to obtain valuable autographs but instead prefer my memories of brief real person interactions with "celebrities" no matter how brief or insignificant. My favorite memory was from the 1982 Fiesta Bowl between Penn St and USC (dad was a Nit). I was hanging out in the lobby of the USC team hotel and Marcus Allen on crutches came and plopped down on the couch next me as I glanced at the sports page. "Man can you believe the stuff Robby's saying about me in their? There ain't no way I'm not playing even if they don't let me practice. " We proceeded to BS about the upcoming game and what all I was up to that week. He had just won the Heisman Trophy but never mentioned it. He was just a college kid and I was an 18 year old kid hanging out in the team lobby. The memory wouldnt be any better if I had his name scrawled on a piece of paper somewhere.

My kids do like to get autographs which is uncomfortable for me but you do what you gotta. I have to confess that I did get an autograph recently but I didn't ask for it, they asked me! Standing with my kids at Bengals training camp and all of a sudden Marvin Lewis appears, Sharpie in hand. He signs for a few kids including mine, looks at me and says "You want me to sign something?" Since I had nothing for him to sign I joked "I guess you could sign my shirt." So yep, now I've got Marvin Lewis scribble across my belly on a Bengals Tshirt! Best part was I got to hear the "Marvin chuckle" as he told me that it would probably never come off.

But, I would never pay for an autograph and also would never sell an autograph either.

You can define him your way. I'll define him mine.

I don't collect. It was a brief moment when I just turned 18. He was a couple feet away and nobody was around. Yeah, I regret not shelling out $10 for that and a brief conversation.

He wasn't a gambler to me. Nor a father, husband, son, Christian, etc.

He was Charlie Hustle. And that meant something to me.
Quick Pete story...Used to see Pete at the track all the time since I live about a mile from one of the tracks in Cincy. One time I noticed Pete next to me on the rail and after a race I said "How's it going today Pete?" PR - "Been better." ME: "Got any hot tips?" PR: "Yeah, find somebody that knows more about horses." He then turned and left. Probably pretty good advice.

I am not an autograph seeker. I have had many opportunities to obtain valuable autographs but instead prefer my memories of brief real person interactions with "celebrities" no matter how brief or insignificant. My favorite memory was from the 1982 Fiesta Bowl between Penn St and USC (dad was a Nit). I was hanging out in the lobby of the USC team hotel and Marcus Allen on crutches came and plopped down on the couch next me as I glanced at the sports page. "Man can you believe the stuff Robby's saying about me in their? There ain't no way I'm not playing even if they don't let me practice. " We proceeded to BS about the upcoming game and what all I was up to that week. He had just won the Heisman Trophy but never mentioned it. He was just a college kid and I was an 18 year old kid hanging out in the team lobby. The memory wouldnt be any better if I had his name scrawled on a piece of paper somewhere.

My kids do like to get autographs which is uncomfortable for me but you do what you gotta. I have to confess that I did get an autograph recently but I didn't ask for it, they asked me! Standing with my kids at Bengals training camp and all of a sudden Marvin Lewis appears, Sharpie in hand. He signs for a few kids including mine, looks at me and says "You want me to sign something?" Since I had nothing for him to sign I joked "I guess you could sign my shirt." So yep, now I've got Marvin Lewis scribble across my belly on a Bengals Tshirt! Best part was I got to hear the "Marvin chuckle" as he told me that it would probably never come off.

But, I would never pay for an autograph and also would never sell an autograph either.

I'm not even a Giants fan, I am a Cowboys fan, but when the Giants had their training camp in Nj years ago, we used to go and see how many autographs we could get, that meant something to me as a kid. One year for xmas my dad got me an autographed Emmitt Smith jersey, he signed it for free, that was one of the best xmas ever.

I used to know the old Yankee Stadium like the back of my hand. When I was a pre-teen, after a double header that ended at night, my two friends and I played hide and seek and tag using various places that the grounds crew used and we climbed the foul poles etc. When we were finished all the lights were out and there was no one else in the stadium, not a soul, but there was light from the dugout. We wandered over and went in. The team was celebrating someone's birthday and they were showering. We got to see some of the stars in the nude. We all got autographs. I got Roger Maris's autograph on a piece of the cake box. We must have looked cute as they took the time to show us the hallways with all the team photos through the years, and led us out through the exit that they all took to leave the stadium where fans typically waited to wave to the players. They gave us the royal treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom