Malachi | Syracusefan.com

Malachi

0-2 from three today. Last 7 games 6-42 or 14%
And if you take out his 4-10 v. Colgate he is 2-32 from deep over that stretch. But so what? He is a scorer and is finding other ways to score. He is rebounding the ball well lately, too, and still improving as a zone defender.

I am confident he will soon find his stroke again and look more like the shooter we saw earlier in the season. He has all the tools to be a great all-around player for this team before the dust settles.

He left the court to the locker room after he made his last shot. Any word on his injury status? Was it his back? Tough to see what was hurting him.

He left the court to the locker room after he made his last shot. Any word on his injury status? Was it his back? Tough to see what was hurting him.
Probably from that fall in the second half.

Hop said it was from the earlier fall. Called him a tough kid.

I was tough on Mal earlier in the year for his rebounding, but he really has made a concerted effort there the last few games. Definitely been more active and aggressive in going after them. Coaches must have gotten on him. Hope he keeps it up, as poor rebounding has played a critical role in our three losses.

I didn't get to watch the game -- but if he was 0/2 at le`ast he's not recklessly firing up 3's like he was vs. St. Johns. I'm very happy with his overall game though, he's rebounding better and he's good at getting to the rim off the bounce and drawing fouls. The shooting will come with him but he's doing other good things right now.

I'm pretty sure he had two 3's go in and out today. Both looked good. I think they'll start falling for him. Until they do he needs to continue to be more selective and focus on getting to the basket and helping the team in other ways.

If he stays, next years team will have a higher ceiling than this years.

If he stays, next years team will have a higher ceiling than this years.
I think he'll be back. He's a good NBA prospect though. I know people struggle with that, but his style of play is really well suited to the NBA.

need him back. I would take him over Gbinije next year need a shooter off the bounce imo.

need him back. I would take him over Gbinije next year need a shooter off the bounce imo.

Insane. Gbinije is a lot better scorer than Malachi right now. Heck, Cooney is a better shooter than Malachi at this point.

He has an NBA body and NBA first step, and rebounds better than I thought he would, but you're not making the league shooting 26% from three as a 2 in 2016. The talent is there, but he needs to put it together. Lydon probably ends up being our best player anyway next year.

While were at this, NBAdraft.net moved Gbinije to the back end of the first round to GSW for 2016

http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft

Lydon is 16 in 2017 and Malachi 21 in 2017.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom