Mali gone? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mali gone?

It really is.

Would be nice to have one of these guys return. With Mali, we would have been a top 10 caliber team next year, wire-to-wire. Now? Still a pretty good team, but one with lots of question marks. Tough to replace top three scorers and entire group of ball handlers from a team.

So true. I'd have to imagine with JB's age, and how he's a icon for stability, this trend of unforeseen one and dones has to be weighing on him a bit.

Lydon is considered a higher ranked prospect than MR and he's back. Is that a break?

Regarding early entries, I don't feel like we're any worse off than other programs on our level. 4 and 5 star guys who perform well tend not to use all of their eligibility, regardless of what school they play for

I understand the frustration, I really do. I'm somewhat frustrated myself

UNC routinely get's guys back (I don't think their guys have as high upside as ours), as does Nova, Louisville, and Virginia. Duke is getting Allen back. A bunch of those schools have beat us a ton lately.

Even with the final four run, I think people just want a team that can compete at the top of the ACC and for the Natty.

It's very difficult to do when you continuously have this turnover. We need all our returnees to improve a bunch next year to be near the top of the ACC.

Amazing how we never catch a godamn break with these. Its almost comical
What's crazy to me is that Kensucky gets all of the elite 5 star players because of pay-pal-Cal's pitch of getting his kids to the NBA. Boeheim has had a pretty damn good track record of doing the same as of late. I am not by any means a recruiting expert, but does the staff use this enough to sell to the same caliber of recruits?

It's frustrating beyond belief that we can not keep these guys around long enough to play even one season together before they declare. But at some point the staff has to start reaping the benefits of these guys bolting so early as 1st round draft picks. With that said, we have to wish Mali nothing but the best, and be grateful for the memories of that Virginia game.

I understand the frustration, I really do. I'm somewhat frustrated myself

UNC routinely get's guys back (I don't think their guys have as high upside as ours), as does Nova, Louisville, and Virginia. Duke is getting Allen back. A bunch of those schools have beat us a ton lately.

Even with the final four run, I think people just want a team that can compete at the top of the ACC and for the Natty.

It's very difficult to do when you continuously have this turnover. We need all our returnees to improve a bunch next year to be near the top of the ACC.

Not to point fingers here but you assured me this wasn't even a possibility. I don't blame you, I just hate the system. Would have liked to see what he could become on this team.

Personamly I think we will be fine. This is just my opinion and I'm not saying Mali is like this, but next year having both him and Battle could of caused some in game problems. Say Mali did come back and heard everything he needed to work on for the next level. Would he be playing for the next level or trying to do the best for the team? Every team loses players every year. People should be grateful we root for a program that consistently puts out first rounders now. That only helps recruiting. I am very excited for next year to see what our three guards and loaded front court can do. Howard, Roberson, Lydon will all improve. I think DC too. Add to the Battle, Chukwu, And Moyer. Also if we can anyone else. Let's see what our HOF coach and assistants can do. In Boeheim I trust!

Amazing how we never catch a godamn break with these. Its almost comical

What is so strange is how when a player commits to Syracuse, their national ratings plummet, then once players are here and they are thinking about entering the draft, their ratings just rocket through the roof.

Not to point fingers here but you assured me this wasn't even a possibility. I don't blame you, I just hate the system. Would have liked to see what he could become on this team.

Hey I was wrong, but so were the so-called draft experts this time...

I'm not a fan of the system either, but it could have been worse. We could have had another player leave.

I fully expect Battle to be one and done as well next year. We are going to need about a 6 man class heading into 2017...

What's crazy to me is that Kensucky gets all of the elite 5 star players because of pay-pal-Cal's pitch of getting his kids to the NBA. Boeheim has had a pretty damn good track record of doing the same as of late. I am not by any means a recruiting expert, but does the staff use this enough to sell to the same caliber of recruits?

It's frustrating beyond belief that we can not keep these guys around long enough to play even one season together before they declare. But at some point the staff has to start reaping the benefits of these guys bolting so early as 1st round draft picks. With that said, we have to wish Mali nothing but the best, and be grateful for the memories of that Virginia game.

I think Boeheim and staff is better at identifying talent than the recruting services, so our players are usually underrated.

Other schools it's the opposite.

Who am I to get pissed at someone for wanting to get paid?

It's upsetting but I'd be a terrible person to want someone to hang around in college for my own selfish desires.

On to the next one ...

No you really wouldn't.

Thanks for the Final Four and best of luck to Mali.

With that said, I'm over him. Next guy up.

I think Boeheim and staff is better at identifying talent than the recruting services, so our players are usually underrated.

Other schools it's the opposite.

This is even more of a reason to use the NBA pitch. And those high 5 star players that Kensucky gets aren't over rated by the recruiting services, they are really pretty good players. Landing one or two to help us reload can not possibly hurt!

• CM was gone because the dude just had a poor person outlook and didnt see long term. I hope it works out for him. But I got all I needed when I saw he and his fiance's all white maternity pics at like a KMart photographer station. He seemed to be like Ronnie from the Jersey shore - DOesnt matter if you only have cents in the bank account as long as you look fresh to death.

Wow. Talk about judgmental. What a clown comment.

I mean, that's a lot to deduce from one photograph.

that was just the best of the pictures. but the majority of his instagram was kind of like that.

it sure was judgemental - but based on evidence. kind of like saying Mali is inconsistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom