Mali gone? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mali gone?

Probably gone, but in one breath he's telling NBA teams he's staying in the draft and the next he'll stay if he's guaranteed a first round pick.

Really? The Malachi threads have not been your finest moments.

you are missing the point. its a report of what may or may not have been said in a closed meeting.

its not "official"

That makes me feel a lot better.

As good as Malachi was for us, we can find a way to get 13 ppg from one of the handful of guys we have coming. Whether it's from Battle, Gillon, Moyer. Between those three alone I'm confident we can get at least 13 ppg.

Good for him. But it's kind of ridiculous that 2 good games in the NCAAT and a long wingspan gets an inconsistent player drafted these days. Hope he doesn't end up in the 2nd round. IMO he was mentally gone after the tourney because of all the ink he got after the UVa game and if they gave him any chance at all of getting drafted he was going for it.

As good as Malachi was for us, we can find a way to get 13 ppg from one of the handful of guys we have coming. Whether it's from Battle, Gillon, Moyer. Between those three alone I'm confident we can get at least 13 ppg.

Its not just 13 ppg, You have to think he would have made a leap in his game, he might have been a 17, 18 ppg scorer, He would have been our 2nd best perimeter threat.

Listening to the back and forth on this topic makes me feel like this.

chris-farley.jpg

He would have been here if Malachi came back, I like the kid a lot, I don't think he can give us what Malachi would have.
but then again he gives us things Mal couldn't :noidea:

that was just the best of the pictures. but the majority of his instagram was kind of like that.

it sure was judgemental - but based on evidence. kind of like saying Mali is inconsistent.

Says the guy rifling you through a teenagers insta account. What's that evidence of?

but then again he gives us things Mal couldn't :noidea:

But he is a completely different kind of player, its going to be next to impossible to give us the perimeter shooting that we would have had.

He would have been here if Malachi came back, I like the kid a lot, I don't think he can give us what Malachi would have.

You don't know he'd be here. JB doesn't play 4 guards. Who gets zero minutes? Maybe he came here because he as told Mali was leaving. And while he may not be as good as Mali (he's not) he gives us something "different". Maybe that something different makes us a better team.

Well, we're also replacing 17ppg and another 13ppg, a couple of guys that were also excellent atop the zone.

We aren't just trying to replace Mali, we're trying to replace our entire perimeter attack.

You don't know he'd be here. JB doesn't play 4 guards. Who gets zero minutes? Maybe he came here because he as told Mali was leaving. And while he may not be as good as Mali (he's not) he gives us something "different". Maybe that something different makes us a better team.

I think Howard would have been the one whos minutes decreased, No I don't know that, and you don't know that Jb wanted to bring him in regardless of what Malachi did. We just lost our 2nd best perimeter threat, thats going to be hard to replace.

So if Mali leaving is the bad news, what's the good news referred to in another OP?
On the interview thing, he's supposed to tell teams interviewing him that he's not sure he's staying? It's a job interview--his only answer is I'm staying. Anything else and I'd think teams would lose interest pretty fast thinking they could waste a draft pick on him if for whatever reason he decided not to sign. It happens...

Yes that is my take, and I am standing by it. He isn't Nba ready.

I know you're sticking by it. You've said it enough time because you're taking it personal and are looking at it in a selfish manner and could care less about the kid and what he wants or what nba teams are telling him. you'd as soon prefer he bombed at the combine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom