Mali gone? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Mali gone?

Just like usual, we lose someone we shouldn't have lost, still have a lot of talent, probably not enough to win a title.

Why do you say we shouldn't have lost MR-- sounds like he's going to be a top 20 pick? He could even move into the lower end of the lottery. It appears that MR is making a great decision.

Why do you say we shouldn't have lost MR-- sounds like he's going to be a top 20 pick? He could even move into the lower end of the lottery. It appears that MR is making a great decision.

If he is top 20 picks it was a great decision, Im not convinced he will be.

I could not be happier for Mali especially if he is getting serious 1st round consideration. Kudos to him for showing it all on the big stage under the bright lights and getting the attention to go pro .. and I'm REALLY excited about next year.

I could not be happier for Mali especially if he is getting serious 1st round consideration. Kudos to him for showing it all on the big stage under the bright lights and getting the attention to go pro .. and I'm REALLY excited about next year.

I am not trying to rain on his parade, and believe it or not, I really do want to see him succeed in the Nba, but what exactly has he done? Its just speculation at this point.

I'm sorry if nobody agrees with me, but I partially think Mali left because he thought another year in the ncaa will just expose him more then build up his draft stock. I don't want to say he got "lucky" during the Virginia EE game, because that was a large amount of skill to pull off what he did. But I mean he is lucky in the fact that scouts will take him bottom of the 1st round based off of mostly, that game. He was largely inconsistent in the ncaa tournament let alone the rest of the season.

Good luck in the NBA Mali. Tough to see you leave because of all the great possibilities the team had with you as a leader of it.
I don't think it's as much based on that game as his size, wing span and ability to shoot from 3. That has a very high value in the current NBA.

I already did. The one where you said to Orangenirvana, "I don't know if you're a troll or not but..." If you don't think that's not a provocative thing to say to a long time poster here, who does not particularly have a reputation as a bomb thrower, then we have different ideas about what the word "provocative" means.

I'm not sure I can really take this seriously. I'm not sure what "bombs" I throw around here but is this a message board. I never said anything insulting to this "long time poster", I don't care if he's been here a week or forever. He responded to one of my posts with sarcasm and and as a dick, and his post pretty much was an attack towards me and I ask him if he's serious and a troll because his post didn't make any sort of sense as a reply to mine.

Half of the people around here have to get over themselves. Ok we get it, you're cool and popular and a long time poster on syracusefan.com. Didn't realize that had squat to do with talking basketball.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
I disagree. Even Forde says he didn't expect him to grade this high, and as he mentioned, the fact that teams kept him out of the 5-on-5 workouts, bodes well as to how those teams are grading him.
He has alot of work to do but if he's anyway in the #20 vicinity, I'd say its a good decision. Good luck to him.
JMHO

I disagree. Even Forde says he didn't expect him to grade this high, and as he mentioned, the fact that teams kept him out of the 5-on-5 workouts, bodes well as to how those teams are grading him.
He has alot of work to do but if he's anyway in the #20 vicinity, I'd say its a good decision. Good luck to him.
JMHO

If he gets picked there than yes, but right now I just don't see him as a top 20 pick.

You realize the dude compared the 2017/17 team to the 2019 squad right? Maybe you should be telling him to get a grip.
I'm just trying to point out that your alarmist sky-is-falling reaction to a player leaving early has gotten tiresome - not to mention that in my (and many others') estimation you're way off base on the quality of team SU is going to roll with next fall.
My "bold" prediction: it's going to be a very different team than this year but a very good team.

I'm just trying to point out that your alarmist sky-is-falling reaction to a player leaving early has gotten tiresome - not to mention that in my (and many others') estimation you're way off base on the quality of team SU is going to roll with next fall.
My "bold" prediction: it's going to be a very different team than this year but a very good team.

Sky is falling? I never said that and the fact you get that from my posts is insane. Mali leaving honestly isn't that big of a deal, what is a big deal is losing G, Cooney, AND Mali. That is a ton of production to replace, your nuts if you think it's easy to replace.

Gillon
Battle
Lydon
Roberson
Coleman

Frank
Chukwu
Moyer

Eight players total, half of which have seen zero minutes of game action in a Syracuse uniform.

I mean, were not going to be awful, but that's crazy.

Gillon
Battle
Lydon
Roberson
Coleman

Frank
Chukwu
Moyer

Eight players total, half of which have seen zero minutes of game action in a Syracuse uniform.

What about yert7 and mystery recruit?

Sky is falling? I never said that and the fact you get that from my posts is insane. Mali leaving honestly isn't that big of a deal, what is a big deal is losing G, Cooney, AND Mali. That is a ton of production to replace, your nuts if you think it's easy to replace.

You just contradicted yourself lol, you said losing him wasn't that big of a deal, and it was.

Him alone, it really isn't. All of them combined is a big deal.

We already knew two of them were gone, we really could not afford to lose the third, so it is a pretty big deal.

We already knew two of them were gone, we really could not afford to lose the third, so it is a pretty big deal.

Of course, never debated that.

I'm not understand why my comment of losing G, Cooney and Richardson is a huge was so provocative and brought up so much debate. Thought it was a pretty simple comment.

Gillon
Battle
Lydon
Roberson
Coleman

Frank
Chukwu
Moyer

And the only one who has seen minutes and was somewhat consistent was Lydon. It'll be an interesting year.

Of course, never debated that.

I'm not understand why my comment of losing G, Cooney and Richardson is a huge was so provocative and brought up so much debate. Thought it was a pretty simple comment.

I didn't mean to pick on you, I was just stating that we couldn't really afford to lose Malachi.

I'm not sure I can really take this seriously. I'm not sure what "bombs" I throw around here but is this a message board. I never said anything insulting to this "long time poster", I don't care if he's been here a week or forever. He responded to one of my posts with sarcasm and and as a dick, and his post pretty much was an attack towards me and I ask him if he's serious and a troll because his post didn't make any sort of sense as a reply to mine.

Half of the people around here have to get over themselves. Ok we get it, you're cool and popular and a long time poster on syracusefan.com. Didn't realize that had squat to do with talking basketball.
You didn't only call Orangenirvana a troll, and yes he got sarcastic with you, possibly because you were talking about the team being in 10th place in the ACC, and as he pointed out the same team made the FF. So we beat MTSU instead of MSU. MTSU pulled off the upset of the tournament and possibly the best 15 beating a 2 in tournament history. Give them some credit for that. They beat them pretty soundly.

You also argued with Briancuse, but that got patched up. Possibly because you didn't call him "insane" and say "your (sic) nuts" like you did to Pearl131.

I will give you credit for remaining civil with me though.

262 three pointers and 44 total ppg to be exact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom