Mali gone? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Mali gone?

You can try to convince everyone here that we're doomed until you're blue in the face but despite Richardson's departure I still see a roster loaded with talent and potential that 90% of the college basketball programs in the country would kill for.

We are losing a lot of scoring, I think we will have a good team, but Malachi was a key piece, if we lose him, its a huge hit.

No way Gillon transferred here to sit on the bench behind a guy who shot less than 30% from the field, 10% from three. I'm willing to bet anything who is on the court to start the game on opening night.

I just hope Gillon can compete well in the ACC. What are your thoughts on how well he can do? It's not like they don't play defense in the MW league. But then again, the ACC is pretty tough.

I just hope Gillon can compete well in the ACC. What are your thoughts on how well he can do? It's not like they don't play defense in the MW league. But then again, the ACC is pretty tough.

Gillon is going to be a VERY good player for us next year. He'll do for us what those two fifth year transfers did for Louisville last year--no doubt in my mind. He's really, really good.

We are losing a lot of scoring, I think we will have a good team, but Malachi was a key piece, if we lose him, its a huge hit.

I get your point. But I think Battle will be much better getting to the rim. That's a huge plus. Malachi was just okay getting to the rim. When Dion and MCW were playing it was holy crap each time on offense!

I get your point. But I think Battle will be much better getting to the rim. That's a huge plus. Malachi was just okay getting to the rim. When Dion and MCW were playing it was holy crap each time on offense!

I agree that Battle is going to be better at getting to the rim, I look at this way, we are replacing Cooney and G with Gillon and Battle, losing Malachi wasn't supposed to happen, we need to replace what he would have brought us.

I agree that Battle is going to be better at getting to the rim, I look at this way, we are replacing Cooney and G with Gillon and Battle, losing Malachi wasn't supposed to happen, we need to replace what he would have brought us.

But at the same time you can't think that way. Each team has a different chemistry. This season I doubt very much we will see someone sprinting all the way around the base line to catch and shoot a line-drive 3 attempt at the basket. TC is gone. JB will adjust our offense to our strengths. Maybe we will see more plays to Lydon from passing from Gillon. It's going to be a completely different look and feel than TC and G. Who knows, maybe a lot of our offense will come from TR, Coleman, and Pikachu. Maybe Pikachu has a drop-step move from the foul line that would make Kaminsky cry with joy! A 7'2" guy with a good drop-step move probably covers 12 feet.

In reality, you know what the biggest loss from last years team will be? The leadership, defense, and experience of G and TC at the top of the zone.

malicai richardson was an inconsistant freshman at best, don't think we will miss him, and honestly don't care if he comes back or not. Plenty of good players around and already on our roster. Mike g will be our best nba grad, improves every year.

lydon is our lottery pick. malachi back would have been gravy, I think that kid wanted to be one and done when he got here. we don't to deal with a kid more focused on draft position than winning. there are enough pieces here to be real good.

I'm sorry if nobody agrees with me, but I partially think Mali left because he thought another year in the ncaa will just expose him more then build up his draft stock. I don't want to say he got "lucky" during the Virginia EE game, because that was a large amount of skill to pull off what he did. But I mean he is lucky in the fact that scouts will take him bottom of the 1st round based off of mostly, that game. He was largely inconsistent in the ncaa tournament let alone the rest of the season.

Good luck in the NBA Mali. Tough to see you leave because of all the great possibilities the team had with you as a leader of it.

Gillon is going to be a VERY good player for us next year. He'll do for us what those two fifth year transfers did for Louisville last year--no doubt in my mind. He's really, really good.
These are my thoughts exactly.

are you serious with this? good god man get a grip Oh Lord

You realize the dude compared the 2017/17 team to the 2019 squad right? Maybe you should be telling him to get a grip.

I don't know if you're a troll or not but I've never said anything about Mali returning or going, but the second it's released that he's going it's more of a "no big deal" attitude.

When it truly counted we beat MTSU instead of having to face MSU, we faced the Zags instead of Utah and yes, we did beat a great Virginia team all because of the guy that people want to "Lydon > Mali" which is my point.

We re-loaded pretty well in 2010, brought in an All-Big 12 honorable mention who redshirted and learned the team. You had a healthy Scoop ready to go along with steady freshman Brandon Triche. I guess you also forgot Rick Jackson, Andy Rautins, and Onuaku, all upper class players were on the squad as well. Last I knew we didn't have that for next year.
You have some nerve accusing anyone else here of being a troll, when you have one of the worst attitudes here. You constantly whine and kvetch about virtually everything. You fit the urban dictionary definition of a troll to a T, as if a Hong Kong tailor fit it to your body.

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

We need to bring in some kids who are college material and would be admissible under normal circumstances like Coach K does at Duke. Maybe then we will be more stable as a program.

You have some nerve accusing anyone else here of being a troll, when you have one of the worst attitudes here. You constantly whine and kvetch about virtually everything. You fit the urban dictionary definition of a troll to a T, as if a Hong Kong tailor fit it to your body.

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Huh? Link me to one of these "provocative" posts please.

Sucks to lose the guy that would probably be our leading scorer next year., but we still potentially have a nice 8. Can't afford injuries, and need guys to develop/improve and new players to live up to their billings. But we're not putting any scrubs out there. We've got talent, like always.

Huh? Link me to one of these "provocative" posts please.
I already did. The one where you said to Orangenirvana, "I don't know if you're a troll or not but..." If you don't think that's not a provocative thing to say to a long time poster here, who does not particularly have a reputation as a bomb thrower, then we have different ideas about what the word "provocative" means.

I was told by a friend who has a very good connection at the combine that Malachi is widely expected to go around #15. He said that it would be very surprising if MR goes somewhere outside of the top 20. This is independent info, nothing to do with the Chad Ford tweet. Connection is a very well known coach. And again, it's just a matter of time before MR signs with an agent. It's not even a question of if, just when.

Sucks to lose the guy that would probably be our leading scorer next year., but we still potentially have a nice 8. Can't afford injuries, and need guys to develop/improve and new players to live up to their billings. But we're not putting any scrubs out there. We've got talent, like always.

Just like usual, we lose someone we shouldn't have lost, still have a lot of talent, probably not enough to win a title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom