Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

no i mean...WE as fans wait...

if brown has info he wont start or some other players are coming in (which I am assumng is what prompted this decision) he has every right to leave
Yes, we as fans should get used to waiting.

As for Maliq, I'm guessing he entered the portal because he wants to get out in front of things, and figures he will have plenty of options to secure a good landing place.

Red and staff better have a solid plan moving forward because the optics from the outside aren't looking good right now.
Eh, this is pretty normal these days. This is what college hoops are now.

I wish Brown, and all well. Here’s how I really feel though:

We’ve become overly attached to players that aren’t our traditional quality of player. We’ve been mediocre for a decade. Its lowered our expectations.

I hope Red brings in talent that buys into his style and brings some pride back to the orange.

I wish Maliq would stay but I’m not going to be upset. This isn’t CJ Fair.
I agree! It's not like John Wallace is leaving. Bring in some studs Red.

Anyone who is critical of this addition seen him play?

I have watched him play a number of games since I live on the West Coast. But I haven't been critical of him as of yet. :)

How about his low post game? Which Brown didn't have. How about his size. he got his numbers playing 27 minutes a game. How much did you watch him this year. And we may not get him. But while I like Brown, he got torched by Hall down low. Couldn't guard him. Maybe this kid could have.
Blah. Brown is the better player.

After getting talked up that JJ would be an upgrade over Joe last offseason I am not falling for it this year. At best that is an even swap. Maliq was the better player this year.

Anyone who is critical of this addition seen him play?
Assuming we're talking about Lampkin, I watched Colorado vs Flordia in the tourney intently due to some $$ on the game. He was impressive offensively.

Defensively...meeeeeh.

I remember him being better defensively at TCU.

Last edited:
Here's my random zero-info speculative post: if Red got a starting center Maliq thought he would start at the 4, and Donnie recently called and said he needed to start or he would leave, and Maliq won't buy in to being 6th man and playing 30+ mpg between the 4 and 5. Since people said it's not a NIL poach, this is what makes the most sense to me personally.
Nice multi-layered conspiracy theory.

From sb nation out there, He was a fan favorite out there. He dazzled with his rebounding and passing ability. He was often the fulcrum in which the Colorado offense revolved.
He had a great season and balled out in the NCAA tournament. That is not from any Syracuse PR website. I'm sure Red wished Brown would stay. I'm not sure who he would take in a trade. Plus, this kid wants to play the 5.

From sb nation out there, He was a fan favorite out there. He dazzled with his rebounding and passing ability. He was often the fulcrum in which the Colorado offense revolved.
He had a great season and balled out in the NCAA tournament. That is not from any Syracuse PR website. I'm sure Red wished Brown would stay. I'm not sure who he would take in a trade. Plus, this kid wants to play the 5.
Interesting player. Love the passing. Wouldn't mind if he trimmed down just a bit.

Interesting player. Love the passing. Wouldn't mind if he trimmed down just a bit.
Joe got in better shape for his one last hurrah at Clemson, maybe Lampkin would lean up a little here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom