Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

Here's my random zero-info speculative post: if Red got a starting center Maliq thought he would start at the 4, and Donnie recently called and said he needed to start or he would leave, and Maliq won't buy in to being 6th man and playing 30+ mpg between the 4 and 5. Since people said it's not a NIL poach, this is what makes the most sense to me personally.

So he waits and it doesn't shake out well in his eyes, then what?
no i mean...WE as fans wait...

if brown has info he wont start or some other players are coming in (which I am assumng is what prompted this decision) he has every right to leave

well the reason bell played is 3pt shooting

a frontcourt of C, brown and freeman isnt shooting 3s

this era is about 3pt shooting

so yeah they wouldnt want to play freeman and brown together, most likely...unless you had a filipowski at center who can shoot

Freeman can shoot threes from what the scouting reports say. He might not be a volume shooter, but he’s expected to be a threat from distance. And Maliq’s jumper is far from broken. He barely shot any threes, but he made the ones he took at a good clip. That’s a part of his game I’d expect to see him improve year-to-year.

Bell is the better shooter than both, obviously. He can’t do much else other than shoot, though. If Red wants to play a fast paced, transition game with in your face defense, I like Brown and Freeman over Bell and Freeman.

I know I am about to get crucified for my take...Long time lurker first time poster...But the fact we assume Freeman will be some kind of world beater as a freshman reminds me of some of H0T Takes about Benny Williams' recruitment...Everyone was clamoring that Benny was going to be elite... Had a big NBA future...He was never elite...We know what we had in Maliq...Freeman is still a wild card imo...We lost Maliq, and we are going into next season with an unknown in Freeman for the first 10 games of next year.

The idea that Brown wouldn't start for us is so absurd I can't even begin to think about it. It's just as absurd as the idea that Copeland wouldn't start for us. Another absolutely brutal loss here
Copeland would not start here next year. Major head case who can’t shoot and has a many turnovers as assists.

I know I am about to get crucified for my take...Long time lurker first time poster...But the fact we assume Freeman will be some kind of world beater as a freshman reminds me of some of H0T Takes about Benny Williams' recruitment...Everyone was clamoring that Benny was going to be elite... Had a big NBA future...He was never elite...We know what we had in Maliq...Freeman is still a wild card imo...We lost Maliq, and we are going into next season with an unknown in Freeman for the first 10 games of next year.
this is a sane and rational take. Since maliq is leaving, freeman is a world beater and we are better off. Had maliq stayed, he’d be an NBA level 4 who is gone next year and will teach freeman everything he knows.

It’s the same story every time.

you won't be crucified for that opinion. It is one I don't agree with. Brown was also limited in areas we might not find ourselves limited next year.

Okay guys, and this is all I can give, there is a guy that I hear we are heavy with at this position. If we were to get him, we will be happy. Well, those of us that can ever really be happy. I can't give the name so don't dm me and ask it. I would if I could.

The resident debbie downers will say "not good enough" regardless of who it is, of course... but their whining is predictable and background noise.

i agree that there's no guarantee how good freeman will be from day 1...there is a chance that he might not come in and dominate...very true.

my rebuttals would be:

brown didnt really put up a ton of production and scoring...and i doubt he ever will

and, more importantly, we dont kow who else is coming in...there might be someone that is better than brown coming in who is also proven...it IS possible, no?

It's a fair concern but I think we have to see how all our portal business shakes out before we can truly assess the roster makeup...

not sure you can care anymore. honestly don't invest in the players anymore as there is no investment in the program. For the few that invest in the university and city, they'll be rewarded greatly.

This whole situation is a clown show. This is a guy who played minutes and leaving.
Been an SU fan since 1965 -- watched Dave Bing and Jim Boeheim Play together in Manley. This is probably the last year for me. They've ruined the sport.

He's not as good as Maliq at anything. 5 blocks in 37 games from the 5?
How about his low post game? Which Brown didn't have. How about his size. he got his numbers playing 27 minutes a game. How much did you watch him this year. And we may not get him. But while I like Brown, he got torched by Hall down low. Couldn't guard him. Maybe this kid could have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom