Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

I see a lot of takes by our “fans” on SM congratulating Maliq and wishing him well at Duke. gtfoh with that sht.
I’m ready for 2 Chevy Troutman rebounding machine types this could work out for both parties. I was worried about a regression from Brown if he decided he wanted to be a perimeter guy and jack 3s.

This could easily blow up in his face and he’s stuck on their bench most of the game.

So someone could overpay for Freeman in the same scenario?
Of course. That is the world we live in. Just as we are free to overpay for someone elses player.

Of course. That is the world we live in. Just as we are free to overpay for someone elses player.
Right. that’s my point. BS is great to have to get in the room with the TT guys, but for the majority it’s still going to be about money. If Freeman isn’t a 1 and done, I would assume the same.

So someone could overpay for Freeman in the same scenario?

An explosive 6'10" 5 star over a 165 pound point guard that everyone saw and still ended up in the Ivies.

It’s all relative. Is a school really overpaying if the player helps them make the tournament and therefore helping them bring in a lot more revenue than they would have without the player? So overpaying is what? Compared to what other schools might offer or what you normally are paying for a player of that caliber. Bottle drives and bake sales…

An explosive 6'10" 5 star over a 165 pound point guard that everyone saw and still ended up in the Ivies.
let’s review and move this back to the orginal comment
”if he isn't one and done, there's a great chance he will portal.”

your response to that was:
”There's a great chance why? His TTO guy is with us.”

Me bringing up Mack wasnt to compare the players as far as skill level. Mack got paid a lot of money. Freeman could be paid a lot of money that apparently we can’t afford. A relationship with TT and BS (which you brought up as a reason he wouldn’t leave) could not matter if money is involved

Me bringing up Mack wasnt to compare the players as far as skill level. Mack got paid a lot of money. Freeman could be paid a lot of money that apparently we can’t afford. A relationship with TT and BS (which you brought up as a reason he wouldn’t leave) could not matter if money is involved
If a kid has connections to team takeover, there might be third party funding available.

We also don't know waht our financial situation will be next year. Things do change

This Orange one looks better anyway...
20240420_151748.jpg

And this Senior wants to be here and lead.

Honestly that's nothing to worry about until it's something to worry about.

Forgive me for sounding like Mookie Wilson...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom