Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

Why show loyalty and class to someone when it’s not returned?

JG3 felt like he took a gap year going down there.

This kid, again, an under-recruited guy (who the one time I saw him in hs was frankly awful, thought Gerry was gonna walk on the court and take his scholarship away) whose team is seemingly righting the ship, walks over to a program like Duke, were he's gonna be Cooper Flagg's mop guy.

No one sees the irony that everyone is happy about guy that left Delaware high and dry for us after they took a chance on a kid who did nothing at Providence?

we are to Duke what Mt St Marys (hopefully) and Delaware is to us.

great, huh? Just accept there is no loyalty and move on.

Come on.

That kid traded up conferences to wherever Delaware is moving to this year.

I get you like the kid but Duke and Cuse are cashing the same ACC checks.

Fans are skeptical of Bell because his shooting is all standstill off the catch. Look at the kid who torched UK in the tournament running all over the court. Bell cannot do that. If he could there would be less skepticism.
I haven’t read the next 10 pages of what I presume are very even-keeled and respectful posts about Maliq, but this is precisely it. Someone that is exclusively a standstill shooter in the corner, even as good as Bell is at it, is not providing much value, particularly when they’re flat out bad defensively.

Bell improved a pretty good amount this past season. Hopefully he starts rounding out his game on both ends of the court. We desperately need him to.

As it currently stands, Maliq is a far better player though he would have been a weird fit next to Donnie. And anyone being offered the chance to start at Duke (or even just being a significant player off the bench) vs. potentially coming off the bench here would be an idiot not to choose Duke at this point. We are not close to them as a program right now.

Last edited:
Come on.

That kid traded up conferences to wherever Delaware is moving to this year.

I get you like the kid but Duke and Cuse are cashing the same ACC checks.
Tell that to Delaware. The point was in regards to loyalty. “Trading up” is all relative

People can make choices, but choices have consequences.

MB was Orange; he decided to become and now is a Dukie.

I will not hate him and I will not wish him ill, but he is no longer Orange in my eyes. I will not root for him. I will boo him at the Dome next year, and if he ends up riding the pine more than he likes, well choices have consequences.

P.S. I did not boo JGIII.

I don’t begrudge Maliq at all. I wish him well at Duke, except for when they play us. I hope we block every shot he takes, I hope we posterize him a few times, and at the end shake hands. He obviously didn’t like losing his bud, JT, and he clearly didn’t want to play a sixth man role for us.

I just hope, for his sake, he doesn’t get Krzyzewski’d by Scheyer. They have a lot of talent coming in, and if he doesn’t offer an outside threat, he could lose time over the course of the season. Starting and getting yanked isn’t really what any player wants.

We will be just fine without Maliq, despite the doom and gloom.
We are not fine. We are 3-24 in quad one games the last 3 years and our own “fans“ are waxing poetic about Maliq going to a conference front runner. We need to win this year. Too many “fans” are comfortable with 18-20 wins every year.

We are not fine. We are 3-24 in quad one games the last 3 years and our own “fans“ are waxing poetic about Maliq going to a conference front runner. We need to win this year. Too many “fans” are comfortable with 18-20 wins every year.
Waxing poetic or accepting reality? The portal giveth and the portal taketh away…

You cannot on one hand accept what is happening for football and not this.

Maliq knew he had the spot he wanted at Duke and took it. 100 kids out of 100 would

Waxing poetic or accepting reality? The portal giveth and the portal taketh away…

You cannot on one hand accept what is happening for football and not this.

Maliq knew he had the spot he wanted at Duke and took it. 100 kids out of 100 would
The accepting reality is why we stink. Too many here are fine with mediocrity. And yes there’s waxing poetic too including by so called SM accounts that cover SU sports. Ridiculous.

In fairness, those three wins were all last year, correct? So at least things were a bit better under the new coach.

The accepting reality is why we stink. Too many here are fine with mediocrity. And yes there’s waxing poetic too including by so called SM accounts that cover SU sports. Ridiculous.
Who here is fine with mediocrity? The issue isn't whether we are fine with it. The issue is what can we do about it? We can whine about it every day. And some here do, or we what? Give money? But it seems the NIL isn't interested enough to even ask us for it.

I’m not fine with mediocrity. More so just acknowledging that’s what we are right now and it’s up to Red and the athletic department to fix that.

Who is fine with it? We just got two guys in and are in pursuit of a few more…

In fairness, those three wins were all last year, correct? So at least things were a bit better under the new coach.
Correct. We were 3-7.

Who here is fine with mediocrity? The issue isn't whether we are fine with it. The issue is what can we do about it? We can whine about it every day. And some here do, or we what? Give money? But it seems the NIL isn't interested enough to even ask us for it.
When you have multiple posters saying we are going to be fine or waxing poetic about Maliq going there that tells me all we need to know. I agree with you on the NIL front.

Correct. We were 3-7.

When you have multiple posters saying we are going to be fine or waxing poetic about Maliq going there that tells me all we need to know. I agree with you on the NIL front.
That isn't being fine with it. It is a disagreement with how we are going to do next year. I fall in to that group if we are able to land Leffew. I think we will have a better team next year. Others are free to disagree. That is why we have the board. But it isn't being fine with being average. I spend too much time rooting for this team to be fine with mediocrity.

I get the reality of the day, but Duke , that’s a bitter pill, I rooted for JG3 when he wasn’t playing against us , I will never root for anyone in a Duke uniform.
I puke in my mouth every time i even think about it. Hate them.

JG3 felt like he took a gap year going down there.

This kid, again, an under-recruited guy (who the one time I saw him in hs was frankly awful, thought Gerry was gonna walk on the court and take his scholarship away) whose team is seemingly righting the ship, walks over to a program like Duke, were he's gonna be Cooper Flagg's mop guy.
Maliq Brown all ACC defense honors, shot almost 70% from the floor and 37% from 3.

That isn't being fine with it. It is a disagreement with how we are going to do next year. I fall in to that group if we are able to land Leffew. I think we will have a better team next year. Others are free to disagree. That is why we have the board. But it isn't being fine with being average. I spend too much time rooting for this team to be fine with mediocrity.
I sure hope so because we haven’t been fine in a long time and that’s my concern. You’re higher on Leffew and the rest of the roster than I am.

I’m ok with mediocrity when it comes to trying at my job. Cuse Hoops not so much. Hope that’s helpful

He's not going to play as much as he hopes and will transfer out after next season. Another batch of five stars will be coming. Why do you think Mitchell left? He was a four who can't shoot from deep, same as Maliq. By the end of the season Brown will end up playing Ryan Young's role at Duke.

I wish Maliq all the best. But if starting and/or PT was an issue here that lead him to the portal how is he getting any better situation at Duke with the stud class they're bringing in? Of course at least he can count on playing in the NCAAT.

I wish Maliq all the best. But if starting and/or PT was an issue here that lead him to the portal how is he getting any better situation at Duke with the stud class they're bringing in? Of course at least he can count on playing in the NCAAT.
You answered your own question. He'll also be closer to home and perhaps make more NIL money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom