Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

That’s one way to interpret my post.

What I was saying is him leaving is a problem, but one of many. Him being here doesn’t fix the underlying issues that are plaguing the rest of the program.

That does not translate to who cares about maliq we’ve got bigger issues.

You are the one self-identifying. My post wasn't specifically directed at any one post / poster, just the sentiment.

Which I'm tired of.

You are the one self-identifying. My post wasn't specifically directed at any one post / poster, just the sentiment.
You quoted me so I responded

Come Here Dr Evil GIF

Everyone expressing sentiment such as: we couldn't be an NCAA team with Maliq so no big loss, he's too small, he was an offensive liability anyway...

You know, all of those things people said, revealing that they didn't understand his contributions on either side of the floor, in terms of advanced metrics.

All of the same things people said to feel better when they crossed their fingers that Lamkin would fill the shoes that are now completely unfilled.
I think only a handful of people argued that. The vast majority of the board acknowledged he was a very big loss and his presence would help significantly next season. Some people were hoping that Freeman and Jyare would at least be able to fill in some of what Maliq gave us but his loss was still a net negative.

Duke’s projected starters in ESPN’s recently updated Way-Too-Early Top 25:

Projected starting lineup
Tyrese Proctor (10.5 PPG)
Caleb Foster (7.7 PPG)
Cooper Flagg (No. 1 in ESPN 100)
Maliq Brown (9.5 PPG at Syracuse)
Khaman Maluach (five-star)

Duke’s projected starters in ESPN’s recently updated Way-Too-Early Top 25:

Projected starting lineup
Tyrese Proctor (10.5 PPG)
Caleb Foster (7.7 PPG)
Cooper Flagg (No. 1 in ESPN 100)
Maliq Brown (9.5 PPG at Syracuse)
Khaman Maluach (five-star)

Starter at Duke. Good for Maliq. Will root to still beat them down, but good for Maliq.

I think it’s hilarious they recruited 6 top 50 freshmen and only two are projected to start. They will have a bunch of guys transfer again next year.
I tend to agree but i think we have to wait and see how the minutes play out. I love Maliq and think Flagg is the real deal but the starting frontcourt is - from what we have seen - lacking in perimeter shooting.

I tend to agree but i think we have to wait and see how the minutes play out. I love Maliq and think Flagg is the real deal but the starting frontcourt is - from what we have seen - lacking in perimeter shooting.
They signed Sion James on Monday and have the kid from Purdue as well. I don't see how Ngonba, Harris, Kneuppel or Evans see the court. Roach did the right thing getting out of there.

That is not one of the best starting fives I’ve seen at Duke. They will struggle at times during league games. Not a great shooting team.

Oh yeah, Taylor had a much bigger role here than Maliq did. What was their average MPG difference? like 15 minutes?
What a silly post.
It was 6, but to your point Brown was third on the team in minutes and lead all FC players in MPG.

That is not one of the best starting fives I’ve seen at Duke. They will struggle at times during league games. Not a great shooting team.
Glad I’m not the only one who sees it. The roster construction is very coach cal like.they are extremely talented no denying that one bit.

Brown's game will open up at the 4. I hope Red promised him to start at the 4 next year. Despite what most seem to believe, Brown said that staying depends on how it shakes out. Seems like he wanted to stay, but not at the 5. Efficiency is most important and Brown's efficiency is why he will be starting over 4/5* frosh at Duke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom