Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion

Being in NC State’s portion of the bracket is problematic. That looks like our draw right now. NCSU is 62 in the RPI, so beating them (assuming we get there) on a neutral floor would only give us Q2 win. IF we’d been a 12 seed, we’d draw Miami after a round 1 victory. Their RPI is 27, so that would be a Q1 victory if we were to win. Plus I think Miami is a better matchup for us. I also don’t like being on UNC’s side of the bracket. I’d rather draw Clemson in the quarterfinals. I think we’d have a better shot with them again. I guess we gotta just win some games, no matter who the opponent!
We are going to be the 11 seed.

Wake-UNC-NC State is our path most likely.

Is it frustrating to anyone else that UNC is getting the same wide open looks against Duke they got vs. Syracuse, but just missing them?!

We are going to be the 11 seed.

Wake-UNC-NC State is our path most likely.
My bad. I didn’t realize that NCSU beating Louisville changed the equation. UNC can carve up our zone. That’ll be a tough one to pull out. But it would be a q1 victory if we were to win—and certainly almost guarantee a tourney bid. I wish we had drawn Miami or Va Tech in round 2. Better matchups than the Carolina teams.

One game at a time. First let's win on Tuesday before we worry about the next game. And adios Allen!!

Make no mistake - the committee will notice Notre Dame's very good Sagarin/KenPom/BPI ratings.

If they place a high reliance on those when assessing teams and that is the reason they get in, I am fine with it.

I just don't think they earned the bump for the Colson injury.

I think the odd's of us getting in are not much different if we had played NC St. or UNC.

So I will embrace it, and it should take out any uncertainty. Let's hope we have a relatively stress free game against Wake

Last edited:
We were fortunate to beat anybody this year.
So freaking what.
If we want a resume win that get us in its UNC on Wednesday.

Another bubble team doesn’t get us in for sure.

your arguing with the wrong person, i want another shot at unc, i was just saying it was luck that we were as close as we were last matchup

your arguing with the wrong person, i want another shot at unc, i was just saying it was luck that we were as close as we were last matchup
I don't much rather play nc state.

This UCLA vs USC game would have been very important if we had NC St. in round two,,, we controlled only a portion of our destiny, so we needed any little margin we can get,

Now it sort if feels like we fully control our own destiny. Maybe the committee will still not see it that way even if we beat UNC... so to be careful let's go USC.

Last edited:
This UCLA vs USC game would have been very important if we had NC St. in round two,,, we controlled only a portion of our destiny, so we needed any little margin we can get,

Now it sort if feels like we fully control our own destiny. Maybe the committee will still not see it that way if we don't beat UNC... so to be careful let's go USC.
ESPN Bpi has us a 41% to make the tournament.
We have a better chance than I and many realize.
Beat UNC and we are in.
NC State wouldn’t have been the same.

I don't much rather play nc state.

Agreed.

I’m not sure what KenPom would say, but my wild-ass guesstimate for our chances vs those teams are something like:
vs NCSt - 45%
vs UNC - 15%

The only plus side - IF we beat Wake AND UNC, then I think we’re a lock.

But - let’s just freaking win our first ACCT game first, and worry about what comes after, after.

If we beat Wake, Barclays should be very loud and very orange for a 9 PM Cuse/UNC game

We will be the motivated team if we can beat Wake.

We can beat UNC.
Motivation isn't my concern.

giphy.gif

If we beat Wake, Barclays should be very loud and very orange for a 9 PM Cuse/UNC game
ESPN Bpi has us a 41% to make the tournament.
We have a better chance than I and many realize.
Beat UNC and we are in.
NC State wouldn’t have been the same.
Nc state would have been the easier game and I think a win over them puts us in any way. Perhaps UNC who won a title last year and just played duke says who cares lets get ready for next week.

This is how the heart of the bubble did today. Overall our path may have been good enough with just beating NC St, but then perhaps we are still exposed to the couple busters that normally happen. Too bad Texas had not lost.

I still can't say 100% if we beat Wake and UNC, but it has to be close to 90%.

Baylor 44 (Quad 1 Loss)
Providence 43 (Quad 3 Win),
Alabama 41 (Quad 1 Loss)
Kansas St 41 (Quad 2 Win)
Louisville 40 (Quad 1 Loss)
Texas 29 (Quad 2 Win)
---------------------

Washington 19 (Quad 3 Loss)
UCLA 19 (Quad 1 - Losing 30-20 to USC)
Nebraska 6 (Done for Season)
Penn St 4 (Quad 1 Loss)
Miss St 3 (Quad 2 Loss)