Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion

Louisville loses to NC St.

If we beat UNC I think we are in.
If we beat UL it’s not a lock and still a 50/50.

That is why I want UNC 2nd our players should have enough legs in that 2nd game if we beat Wake.
Not sure if we can beat UNC a win over lville I think would give us a really good chance to get in.

If we beat UNC I think we are in.
If we beat UL it’s not a lock and still a 50/50.

That is why I want UNC 2nd our players should have enough legs in that 2nd game if we beat Wake.

I see what you are saying. Not sure if I agree or disagree what is best for us. Still thinking about it, because both sides have merit.

we have to play(shoot) well.. when we do the margin for anyteam we play is pretty small. if we dont shoot well we dont beat UNC or NC st.

Pure estimates below.

It's like a 40% chance of winning and a 50% chance of getting in.

Or a 15% chance of winning but a 95% chance of getting in.

Spot on.

I would take my chances with Louisville.

To me it’s a tough call. If UNC is the 6 seed and we win, I think that’s enough to get to the play in game. A win over NC State and depending on how things shake out with other bubble teams, might still need one more. That would probably be Duke in the quarters.

Unc would beat us 95 of 100 times. The matchup is horrific.
They aren’t a good shooting team.
We shot horribly against them last game and they High posted us to death and it was a tie game with 90 seconds left.

The zone needs to be more active than it was last time and we can beat them. This SU team rebounds better than previous ones against UNC.

We can beat them.
95 of 100 is crazy.
That is Duke not UNC.

We shot horribly against them last game and they High posted us to death and it was a tie game with 90 seconds left.

The zone needs to be more active than it was last time and we can beat them. This SU team rebounds better than previous ones against UNC.

We can beat them.

Attributes of a great team/coach. ;)

id would love another shot at unc and try to beat them in a slower paced game like we tried to play vs duke

The toughest part of a UNC matchup is that Roy Williams likes to push tempo and coming off a game from the previous day our guys would really struggle to keep pace given the lack of depth.

id would love another shot at unc and try to beat them in a slower paced game like we tried to play vs duke

So we come down to one possession away from beating a team but want to change to a strategy where we got annihilated by a team who couldn't hit a 3 to save their life?

We can beat them.
95 of 100 is crazy.
That is Duke not UNC.
That's who we are this year.

Maybe unc can pull one out in Cameron tonight and we can get NC st wed

That's who we are this year.
Correct and it was a tie game with 90 seconds left and we had 2 consecutive chances to take the lead.

We can beat UNC. They aren’t Duke who is the worst matchup for us.

So we come down to one possession away from beating a team but want to change to a strategy where we got annihilated by a team who couldn't hit a 3 to save their life?

we were fortunate to be as close as we were vs them the first time

I'd prefer 2 winnable games and a 50/50 shot at the Tournament with a tough 3rd game to make us a lock over UNC in Rd 2 to give us a 90% chance but leaving us with a 10% chance if we lose.

we were fortunate to be as close as we were vs them the first time
We were fortunate to beat anybody this year.
So freaking what.
If we want a resume win that get us in its UNC on Wednesday.

Another bubble team doesn’t get us in for sure.

Correct and it was a tie game with 90 seconds left and we had 2 consecutive chances to take the lead.

We can beat UNC. They aren’t Duke who is the worst matchup for us.
Well regardless, I'd rather find that out in the quarterfinals on Thursday as opposed to the 2nd round on Wednesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom