Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion

upload_2018-3-3_18-23-16.png

Come on Ducks... have to hang on to this.

Hop needs to return to New York... for a trip to the NIT Final Four at MSG.

upload_2018-3-3_18-31-11.png

The teams below the line for the most part have lost today, except for Marquette, Syracuse, and Oklahoma St. Washington was consensus first team out, so this clears the way for another team to take advantage of someone like Alabama or perhaps Louisville.

View attachment 124107

The teams below the line for the most part have lost today, except for Marquette, Syracuse, and Oklahoma St. Washington was consensus first team out, so this clears the way for another team to take advantage of someone like Alabama or perhaps Louisville.
yuge

The following is the matrix standings as of this morning. I bring in everybody with a 9 seed average or below, as most are not a lock if they lose the next two.

Out of 49 Current Brackets

NC St 49 (Quad 3 Win), Lock
Arizona St 49 (Quad 3 Loss)
Butler 48 (Quad 1 Loss)

USC 48 (In progress, Quad 2)
St. Bonaventure 48 (Quad 3 Win), Lock
Florida St 47 (Quad 3 Win), Lock
St. Mary's 47 (Sat midnight vs Pepperdine, Quad 4)
Baylor 44 (Quad 1 Loss)
Providence 43 (Quad 3 Win),
Alabama 41 (Quad 1 Loss)
Kansas St 41 (Quad 2 Win)
Louisville 40 (Quad 1 Loss)
Texas 29 (Quad 2 Win)
---------------------

Washington 19 (Quad 3 Loss)
UCLA 19 (In Progress, Quad 1)
Nebraska 6 (Done for Season)
Penn St 4 (Quad 1 Loss)
Miss St 3 (Quad 2 Loss)

Utah 3 (Quad 3 Win)
Marquette 2 (Quad 2 Win)
Notre Dame 2 (Quad 1 Loss)
Boise St 2 (Quad 3 Win)
Syracuse (Quad 1 Win)
Oklahoma St (Quad 1 Win)

Avoiding Bubble Busters

Loyola (Win - advanced to MVC Final on Sunday). This is a good thing

Middle Tennesses St (Quad 3 Loss - this is good because it was before the CUSA tourney, and with a bad loss in the CUSA tourney may not get an ar-large)

Last edited:
The following is the matrix standings as of this morning. I bring in everybody with a 9 seed average or below, as most are not a lock if they lose the next two.

Out of 49 Current Brackets
NC St 49 (Sat 6:00 vs Louisville)
Arizona St 49 (Quad 3 Loss)
Butler 48 (Sat 8:00 at Seton Hall, Quad 1)
USC 48 (Sat 10:15 vs UCLA, Quad 2)
St. Bonaventure 48 (Sat 8:00 at St. Louis, Quad 3)
Florida St 47 (Quad 3 Win), Lock
St. Mary's 47 (Sat midnight vs Pepperdine, Quad 4)
Baylor 44 (Quad 1 Loss)
Providence 43 (Quad 1 Win)
Alabama 41 (Quad 1 Loss)
Kansas St 41 (Quad 2 Win)
Louisville 40 (Losing 26-24 at NC St, Quad 1)
Texas 29 (Quad 2 Win)
---------------------

Washington 19 (Quad 3 Loss)
UCLA 19 (Sat 10:15 at USC, Quad 1)
Nebraska 6 (Done for Season)
Penn St 4 (Losing 59-48 vs Purdue, Quad 1)
Miss St 3 (Quad 2 Loss)
Utah 3 (at 7:00 vs Colorado, Quad 3)
Marquette 2 (Quad 2 Win)
Notre Dame 2 (Quad 1 Loss)
Boise St 2 (Sat 7:00 vs Wyoming, Quad 3)

Others With Shot at Large (no mentions)
Syracuse (Quad 1 Win)
Oklahoma St (Quad 1 Win)

Avoiding Bubble Busters
Loyola (Win - advanced to MVC Final on Sunday)
[/QUOTE]
wait we were on 0 brackets going into today??

wait we were on 0 brackets going into today??[/QUOTE]

Out of the sample of 49, yes. Can't really blame anyone individually for not having us in, as we did not deserve it. You will see some run up tomorrow.

wait we were on 0 brackets going into today??

Out of the sample of 49, yes. Can't really blame anyone individually for not having us in, as we did not deserve it. You will see some run up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
yes, but... Boise? Miss St? Utah?

View attachment 124107

No hate to Hop, but Washington’s RPI, KenPom and BPI numbers are terrible. Remember the committee is using the quadrant system based on the RPI, but like last year they’ll also be looking at KenPom, BPI and other metrics to get a fuller picture.

I notice the subtle backpedaling you're doing on Loyola. RPI of 28, I guess they're no longer a "no chance", right?

#1. You do realize the ONE post that I said they had no chance, I had already edited to limited chance before you posted, or at least I read your reply?. Sure you can claim that I lied about it, and only reacted after your insight. But...

#2. Basically I disagree with everything you say. Why all of a sudden would I say gosh darnit that BPO knows what he is talking about. I better go change my past post immediately because I always think he is right on eveything

#3. I never claimed they had no chance in that or since that post. Go look for it. There have been at least 2 or 3 posts where I laid out bubble busters and I included Loyola as a moderate threat of a bubble buter. But sure it's because of you. After all so many of my posts are blatant copies of what you say.

#4. But if you really want to dig right and wrongs over the year's, I have the tally. Currently I am leading 23-3.

#1. You do realize the ONE post that I said they had no chance, I had already edited to limited chance before you posted, or at least I read your reply right?. Sure you can claim that I lied about it, and only reacted after your insight. But...

#2. Basically I disagree with everything you say. Why all of a sudden would I say gosh darnit that BPO knows what he is talking about. I better go change my past post immediately because I always think he is right on eveything

#3. I never claimed they had no chance in that or since that post. Go look for it. There have been at least 2 or 3 posts where I laid out bubble busters and I included Loyola as a moderate threat of a bubble buter. But sure it's because of you. After all so many of my posts are blatant copies of what you say.

#4. But if you really want to dig right and wrongs over the year's, I have the tally. Currently I am leading 23-3.

You might want to look back at this thread and see that you called me out with the Nebraska comments. Just returning fire. Of course that upsets you and I should realize that.

Washington was consensus first team out, so this clears the way for another team to take advantage of someone like Alabama or perhaps Louisville.
Washington has an average rating of 98 among the Sagarin, KenPom and BPI. I love Hop but there's no way in hell they're getting an at-large bid this season.

Virginia survives Notre Dame.

I was very afraid with Colson's injury that a win would have been Advance Directly to Go result.

Whoa fella. You told me it was your opinion that the Committee does not take injuries into account.

We want NC State to beat Louisville right?
I mean we know NC state is in.
Even though we beat Louisville on the road.

I'd like to follow this up with a request for a list of teams we want to win for the rest of the day, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom