Marrone To The Jags... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To The Jags...

He is positioned to be interim HC when Jacksonsville's crazy owner eventually fires Gus Bradley. Bradley is 7-25(two of those 7 are against a Tennessee team trying to lose and the NYG giving them the game) in two years. He could get popped next yr if the Jags start off bad.
hes positioned to be canned with bradley because if bradley gets canned...its because the offense still sucks.

NEVER.

AGAIN.

...Associate Head Coach/OL.
instead of reporting to the owner, he'll report to the guy who reports to the guy who reports to this guy
khan_khanketterman-e1339872621392.jpg

Chan Gailey and Gregg Williams might have a better job in 2015

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would take Marrone back as the HC of SU in a cocaine heartbeat over what we have now. I was harsh on Marrone but he was a coach who prepared our team well every week.
Cocaine heartbeat, like that one.

I hope Coach hardnosed gets it done. But, if in the future we need a change, and black and blue balled DM realizes that he's burned the NFL bridge. I could see him coming back to the college game. Hopefully he'd embrace recruiting a bit more in the second go-around in his dream job...

Highly prefer Shafer gets it done. He seems to LOVE every aspect of being a college head coach.

djcon57 said:
Anyone spinning this as a positive is kidding themselves

Any spinning this as all negative has never had millions of dollars deposited in their account for not working.

As I always tell folks who come to me for job advice when they are unhappy in their jobs: It is much easier to get a new job when you HAVE a job. No matter how unhappy you are, stick it out in your current job because your job search will be that much easier. Fairly or unfairly, people without jobs are frequently looked upon as "damaged goods."

As I always tell folks who come to me for job advice when they are unhappy in their jobs: It is much easier to get a new job when you HAVE a job. No matter how unhappy you are, stick it out in your current job because your job search will be that much easier. Fairly or unfairly, people without jobs are frequently looked upon as "damaged goods."

But really, what do you know?;)

Any spinning this as all negative has never had millions of dollars deposited in their account for not working.
once again, you miss the point of what has transpired.

nobody is questioning whether or not he got his $$ and if he did it by contract.

clearly, doug played the system and won.

the highest paid guy on the team is always the HC, he got 3 years of NFL HC $$ by coaching 2...that is a genius move and an alltime win.

the side effect is that he will NEVER be a NFL HC EVER AGAIN.

now maybe he wants it that way, i have no idea and neither do you, but he will NEVER be a NFL HC EVER AGAIN.

am i clear on this??

1 more time for the kids out there...

doug marrone will NEVER be a NFL HC EVER AGAIN.

Millhouse said:
do you think he would've quit had he known it would turn out this way? at best you can call it a risk worth taking that didn't work out but come on

He went from a good position to a less good position - while making more money. Probably not his first or second choices - but to point and laugh at a guy who is making that kind of green for what he's actually doing?!

Eh, too much is made of the money. Obviously no one would turn down $4 million to do nothing, but Marrone has already banked in excess of, what, $12 million in the past 6 years. He's also well ingrained into the old boys network now and will have always some job at the pro level for the rest of his life. At worst he'll be making hundreds of thousands of dollars annually from that as long as he wants.

So unlike Latrell Spreewell, I suspect he's feeding his family just fine.

Marrone didn't leave Buffalo because of the money, that was just a nifty parting gift. He left because he was convinced he was trading up, just like he did in leaving SU. Sadly for him he mistook Woody Johnson as a competent owner, which is pretty funny since his departure from Buffalo suggested he was fleeing a bad front office situation. It was the equivalent of saying "Oh, my fishing boat has a leak, let me jump onto that 'RMS Titanic' over there to escape".

FL resident he will pay no state tax on $4M that the Bills owe him.

Not sure about that, if the income is derived from NY state he'll be paying NYS income taxes on it.

As someone who pays state taxes to about 10 states, I regrettably agree with you.

Not sure about that, if the income is derived from NY state he'll be paying NYS income taxes on it.
Is that different than pensions then? My father doesn't pay NYS income tax on his pension from when he worked in NYS.

KaiserUEO said:
once again, you miss the point of what has transpired. nobody is questioning whether or not he got his $$ and if he did it by contract. clearly, doug played the system and won. the highest paid guy on the team is always the HC, he got 3 years of NFL HC $$ by coaching 2...that is a genius move and an alltime win. the side effect is that he will NEVER be a NFL HC EVER AGAIN. now maybe he wants it that way, i have no idea and neither do you, but he will NEVER be a NFL HC EVER AGAIN. am i clear on this?? 1 more time for the kids out there... doug marrone will NEVER be a NFL HC EVER AGAIN.

You must have an amazing crystal ball.

Scooch said:
Eh, too much is made of the money. Obviously no one would turn down $4 million to do nothing, but Marrone has already banked in excess of, what, $12 million in the past 6 years. He's also well ingrained into the old boys network now and will have always some job at the pro level for the rest of his life. At worst he'll be making hundreds of thousands of dollars annually from that as long as he wants. So unlike Latrell Spreewell, I suspect he's feeding his family just fine. Marrone didn't leave Buffalo because of the money, that was just a nifty parting gift. He left because he was convinced he was trading up, just like he did in leaving SU. Sadly for him he mistook Woody Johnson as a competent owner, which is pretty funny since his departure from Buffalo suggested he was fleeing a bad front office situation. It was the equivalent of saying "Oh, my fishing boat has a leak, let me jump onto that 'RMS Titanic' over there to escape".

My point was that's it all not negative. Which I made and now you've backed me up on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom