Marrone To The Jags... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To The Jags...

Let's see...he left late, took our OC after our AD apparently was assured he was staying, and apparently not a ton of talent in the pipeline. His recruits are upperclassman now

Don't see how this is saving the program.
Well then you've forgotten what an absolute laughingstock we were when he got here. The program was good enough for a bowl victory immediately following his departure and there are many threads devoted to the suckitude of the coaching staff and the job they did this year. That's not on Doug-

This job turned out to be WAYYYYY different than what he signed up for. I know most people won't believe that, but that is the case.
Wow, his checks didn't clear? I'd be pissed also if I signed up for $4 million and my checks didn't clear.

He's actually laughing at all of us all the way to the bank as he can now afford as many premium bologna sandwiches as he wants whenever...

says the guy who all but guaranteed the jets job was locked up and marrone had made the best decision ever...what is his salary as OL coach at the jaguars next year?

Wasn't his career at SU five years long? It's not like he left early.
Imagine if he graduated from a school like Southwestern Oklahoma State University and had a dad who pulled strings for him to get into coaching and even hire him for jobs. You guys would be yipping like hyenas.

Well then you've forgotten what an absolute laughingstock we were when he got here. The program was good enough for a bowl victory immediately following his departure and there are many threads devoted to the suckitude of the coaching staff and the job they did this year. That's not on Doug-

He didn't save the program - record wise it's where he found it. He did a good job while he was here, wish he stayed but I find it laughable that he didn't understand fundraising and the limitations of SU (where he went) were part of the job.

so?
i feel better about coaches that weren't on the tommy boy plan. if you leave early to get paid, that makes sense. there was a year in between him leaving and playing, i think.

Imagine if he graduated from a school like Southwestern Oklahoma State University and had a dad who pulled strings for him to get into coaching and even hire him for jobs. You guys would be yipping like hyenas.
Is that why Ryan gets results like this? Because his dad pulls strings?

defense_zpsaa4d22c1.jpg

i feel better about coaches that weren't on the tommy boy plan. if you leave early to get paid, that makes sense. there was a year in between him leaving and playing, i think.
Ha... you think he was just sitting around for a year before playing with the Dolphins?

hackett bullough shafer harbaughs belichick sons of coaches, it's not that big a deal

That's so far over the top it's gotten funny. If all of that was as bad as you like to claim, we don't beat a ND, we don't beat a Lville AND we don't get to a bowl in Marrones 2nd season. He was a bad HC but you go over the top with some of this stuff.

Let's see...he left late, took our OC after our AD apparently was assured he was staying, and apparently not a ton of talent in the pipeline. His recruits are upperclassman now

Don't see how this is saving the program.

As Admins you guys are history revisionists and have too much power to get people on this Board to believe in your revisionist viewpoint - let's stick to the facts:

G Robinson - 10-37, no bowl games
SU was in a dumpster fire couchburnas we were 119 out of 120 in FCS programs when D Marrone finally took over:

D Marrone - 25-25 with 2 bowl wins

S Shafer - 10-15 with 1 bowl win

I. REST. MY. CASE. (Courtesy of Kaisers inane posting in threads).

hackett bullough shafer harbaughs belichick sons of coaches, it's not that big a deal
It would be if Marrone was

C'mon... being critical because the guy went back and got his degree after a pro career.. making that a negative... seriously?

So basically, just tice.

Bum's boy (who all you bills fans should know well) was fired by jerr-uh to make room for garrett who was going to get a HC job if this wasn't done.

Doug is not the hot coordinator.

Doug is not unknown.

Doug is not an offensive genius.

Hell, Doug is not even a play caller.

Doug is not a winner.

Doug is done.

Doug is a quitter.

INANE.

As Admins you guys are history revisionists and have too much power to get people on this Board to believe in your revisionist viewpoint - let's stick to the facts:

G Robinson - 10-37, no bowl games
SU was in a dumpster fire couchburnas we were 119 out of 120 in FCS programs when D Marrone finally took over:

D Marrone - 25-25 with 2 bowl wins

S Shafer - 10-15 with 1 bowl win

I. REST. MY. CASE. (Courtesy of Kaisers inane posting in threads).

I object to the statement that he saved the program. I am happy that he made some friends in his time here.

chakka3421 said:
As Admins you guys are history revisionists and have too much power to get people on this Board to believe in your revisionist viewpoint - let's stick to the facts: G Robinson - 10-37, no bowl games SU was in a dumpster fire couchburnas we were 119 out of 120 in FCS programs when D Marrone finally took over: D Marrone - 25-25 with 2 bowl wins S Shafer - 10-15 with 1 bowl win I. REST. MY. CASE. (Courtesy of Kaisers inane posting in threads).

Looks like you revised what was said. You only point out the record which everyone knows is bad. I think everyone has said he was a bad head coach. You didn't address with post you quoted nor the posts those quotes were responding too. Nice job changing the subject.

Marrone needed a recruiter on his staff. It is clear the man hates kissing 18-19 year old a$$. He always a pro mentality during his time as the SU HC. However, he game planed and prepared the team INFINITELY better than lock 'em up in the Dome #hardnosed has done.

If DM were at a place that could recruit for itself he would be a good college coach. We at SU think our program is appealing when in the 21st century we are just a decent program and not an ideal destination. Marrone quit on the program in a tough spot, but I would take him over what we got now. We are dying the death of 1000 paper cuts under #hardnosed football.

If that's your personal opinion as a poster and not an Admin - fine. However your opinion has no basis in fact.

The record is what it is. He left when he left and as legend has it he was supposed to leave his offensive coordinator behind. That young guy out on job interviews now.

We have different definitions of "saving the program."

With support(lack thereof) from the Syracuse administration towards the football program I doubt with the money we have spent on coaches, facilties thru 2014 I doubt many coaches could have done better than 25-25 post-Greg Robinson.
Marrone is a cold man, and proved his ultimate loyalty to the program in January 2013, but the man most definitely turned the program around from the Robinson era that dropped us to the ultimate low in P5 college football.

Marrone couldn't recruit well to Syracuse, but he did most of the other things well. The coaches in between of Marrone have been better recruiters, but haven't shown good game planning/preparation abilities.

It would be if Marrone was

C'mon... being critical because the guy went back and got his degree after a pro career.. making that a negative... seriously?
if he left early i wouldn't wonder. but if you're not done after 4 years and you're not playing the 5th year, finish up your classes. i'm curious why he didn't

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom