Marvin Harrison is in HOF class 2016! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marvin Harrison is in HOF class 2016!

Love that Marvin made it... good for him and good for SU. That being said, his entrance is less meaningful to me because he's had such indifference - and I'm being kind using that term - toward his alma mater. Sorry to be a downer on a big day, but frankly he deserves some degree of indifference from the SU community.

Love that Marvin made it... good for him and good for SU. That being said, his entrance is less meaningful to me because he's had such indifference - and I'm being kind using that term - toward his alma mater. Sorry to be a downer on a big day, but frankly he deserves some degree of indifference from the SU community.
I beg to differ.
The Marines like to say: "Once a Marine, always a Marine".
IMHO- "Once an Orangeman, ALWAYS an Orangeman"!
Period.

It's about time he has gotten in. He has been screwed for years while guys with lesser careers like Reed (who shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame) and Brown (who somehow got in before Harrision even though Harrison has superior numbers) have gone in.

Which is why the NFL Hall of Fame has become worthless and a total joke. This notion that "you must wait your turn"...which is beyond stupid. Best guys go in first, period.

Congrats to Marvin in my book he is one of the Top 5 WR to ever play in the NFL.

McNabb has better numbers than Kelley and has more playoff wins if I remember correctly.

Freeney carried that Indy defense for way too many years.
Kelly went to 4 Super Bowls and led the only team in NFL history to go to 4 straight super bowls. He was part of an iconic team that had a record breaking run over 4 years even if they didn't win a championship. McNabb came up short every year in the playoffs and has some epic choke jobs on the big stage and also has no championship on his resume. There is a 0.0% chance McNabb gets in.

Freeney was helped a TON yesterday when they took Kevin Greene in the Hall of Fame. Ya can't put Freeney in if Greene wasn't in. So Greene getting in helps his case. Freeney now needs Jason Taylor to get in and then I think you can say Dwight Freeney is going to the Hall of Fame but he may be a decade or more away from getting in. It's gonna be a long wait even after he retires. Those DE guys who are just "sack" guys end up waiting for years. Greene as an example, Chris Doleman as another.

Faegan said:

Boo-hoo. Regardless of what he thinks of Syracuse he wore the uni and is one of the best WR to play the game.

Just like we claim Jim Brown but disown his after career altercations - we can look past Marvin's indifference.

He wore the orange and blue to represent Syracuse University and wore it well. He will get no indifference from this fan. Period.

Congrats on a HOF career!!

Boo-hoo. Regardless of what he thinks of Syracuse he wore the uni and is one of the best WR to play the game.

Just like we claim Jim Brown but disown his after career altercations - we can look past Marvin's indifference.
Marvin NEVER did not say 'Syracuse' during televised introductions.

Unlike other more loved former players.

As for freeney, we have a 10 page discussion on him on here somewhere.

TC might get in next year.

He's been an intensely private person even since before his Signing Day. You can read that in Nate Mink's article.

But I don't see any animus towards SU. He's just that kind of guy.

When DMac was drafted by the Eagles, McNabb's mom and Marvin's mom became very close b/c of the shared SU/Philly bond.

Actually, had Marvin 'played the game', he would've been a First Ballot guy. I'm thrilled that he got in. I mean, SU AND Philly! What's not to love?

Kelly went to 4 Super Bowls and led the only team in NFL history to go to 4 straight super bowls. He was part of an iconic team that had a record breaking run over 4 years even if they didn't win a championship. McNabb came up short every year in the playoffs and has some epic choke jobs on the big stage and also has no championship on his resume. There is a 0.0% chance McNabb gets in.

Freeney was helped a TON yesterday when they took Kevin Greene in the Hall of Fame. Ya can't put Freeney in if Greene wasn't in. So Greene getting in helps his case. Freeney now needs Jason Taylor to get in and then I think you can say Dwight Freeney is going to the Hall of Fame but he may be a decade or more away from getting in. It's gonna be a long wait even after he retires. Those DE guys who are just "sack" guys end up waiting for years. Greene as an example, Chris Doleman as another.
McNabb had a 9-7 playoff record,Kelly had a 9-8 playoff record.

McNabb had a 85.6 career passing rating,Kelly had a 84.4 career passing rating.

McNabb had 234 TD'S to 117 INT for a 2-1 ratio. Kelly had 237 TD'S to 175 INT.

McNabb has an all time NFL player ranking of #319,Kelly's is #483.

Phil Simms was the first person I can Remember on his radio show ask the the listeners which QB. numbers here were an NFL hall of fame member and who is the two he was talking about. This why I know I brought it up. He flat out said if Kelly is in the Hall so should McNabb be and Simms was a top NFL QB for a while.His opinion has a carries of weight.

Last edited:
Umm...TOM COUGHLIN

I thought he went to BC?

As for those discussing Marvin and indifference, he shows indifference to everything. SU fans shouldn't take it personally, although I know they like to.

I re-read that 2010 GQ article last night. It's..um...interesting. Yes, interesting is the word I'm going for.

Congrats to #8 though. He was by far one of my favorites to watch in the orange helmet.

he might , but there is also a large group of people who see his coaching as underachieving too much of the time.

I thought he went to BC?

As for those discussing Marvin and indifference, he shows indifference to everything. SU fans shouldn't take it personally, although I know they like to.

I re-read that 2010 GQ article last night. It's..um...interesting. Yes, interesting is the word I'm going for.

Congrats to #8 though. He was by far one of my favorites to watch in the orange helmet.
Coughlin Csonka SU.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom