Marvin Harrison is in HOF class 2016! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Marvin Harrison is in HOF class 2016!

Marvin, of course, no shows the Awards Banquet when they're all announced.

Only 1 not there.

Will he go to Canton in August...
I thought the same exact thing. I can't even imagine him stepping up to the mike and making a speech. In the end,I think this is just a decent guy who maybe suffers from severe social anxiety.

McNabb had a 9-7 playoff record,Kelly had a 9-8 playoff record.

Kelly went to 4 Super Bowls. McNabb 1 (and he threw up in the game during the 4th quarter and crunch time).

CASE OVER!

Unless Dwight Freeney (50/50) or Donovan McNabb (less than that) make it, this could be the last for a good while.

Great for Marvin - hope he comes back to Syracuse and gets the recognition he deserves.
What about Gary Anderson? Think he makes it?

Who threw for like 370 yards and 3 tds. You should throw up like that. Get a clue
And they lost! Look McNabb isn't a HOF QB. The debate is really silly honestly. He is a QB who has inflated stats because of the rule changes and the era he played in. Which is going to be a factor for most QB's going forward. The stats will be inflated due to the rule changes and how the league/game has changed over time. McNabb doesn't have impressive stats in reality and he never won anything and has some epic bad losses in playoff games.

What about Gary Anderson? Think he makes it?
No chance. The biggest moment of his life he missed the kick (NFC Title game vs Atlanta). As a kicker your biggest moment ever can't be a "miss"

Next kicker in will be Adam Vinatieri and that is many many years away. Very tough to justify kickers getting into the HOF.

And they lost! Look McNabb isn't a HOF QB. The debate is really silly honestly. He is a QB who has inflated stats because of the rule changes and the era he played in. Which is going to be a factor for most QB's going forward. The stats will be inflated due to the rule changes and how the league/game has changed over time. McNabb doesn't have impressive stats in reality and he never won anything and has some epic bad losses in playoff games.

You seem to be rooting hard against it for some reason. He wouldnt seem to have a great chance, but he's got more of a chance than you think he does IMO. He was one of the best QBs in the league for a decade. If we're doing the Jim Kelly thing...McNabb certainly didn't have a Thurman or a Reed(two hall of famers) to play with. He carried that offense by himself in many of those seasons.

I thought the same exact thing. I can't even imagine him stepping up to the mike and making a speech. In the end,I think this is just a decent guy who maybe suffers from severe social anxiety.

Not sure about the decent guy part.. Still plenty of questions as far as what went down in Philly. He is a recluse and a loner and very well may have social anxiety issues. First ballot HOF credentials no matter how you slice it.

How'd Kelley do in his four Superbowl appearances?

Kelly went to 4 Super Bowls. McNabb 1 (and he threw up in the game during the 4th quarter and crunch time).

CASE OVER!
Well then he owes Frank Reich a lot of credit for one of those appearances. Each Divisions were quite different in those days. Buffalo had an easier path to get there.

Stern said:
Kelly went to 4 Super Bowls. McNabb 1 (and he threw up in the game during the 4th quarter and crunch time). CASE OVER!

You're gonna be pissed when he gets in aren't you?

I'd say there are currently four unique possibilities for Alums out there remaining.

Coughlin
Freeney
McNabb

Anderson

I would say two more for sure, one is borderline, and one is long shot at best

No chance. The biggest moment of his life he missed the kick (NFC Title game vs Atlanta). As a kicker your biggest moment ever can't be a "miss"

He's 2nd all-time in league history in field goals made -- he will eventually get in.

You seem to be rooting hard against it for some reason. He wouldnt seem to have a great chance, but he's got more of a chance than you think he does IMO. He was one of the best QBs in the league for a decade. If we're doing the Jim Kelly thing...McNabb certainly didn't have a Thurman or a Reed(two hall of famers) to play with. He carried that offense by himself in many of those seasons.
Not rooting hard for anything. Just having an honest and realistic talk about the situation

He's 2nd all-time in league history in field goals made -- he will eventually get in.
I would take that bet. Kickers almost never get in. You can count the number of them on one hand and Gary Anderson isn't getting into the HOF and I would bet a large sum of money on it

How'd Kelley do in his four Superbowl appearances?
You are comparing 4 to 1? Really? What is Kelly's record in Conference Championship Games? Wanna do that head to head with McNabb? That's what separates the greats from the good. Kelly won more conference titles and got to more Super Bowls than McNabb. Kelly had more "big" moments in big games. McNabb always came up short.

And Kelly played in the era where the rules weren't tilted towards the QB and it was easy to rack up big stats.

You're gonna be pissed when he gets in aren't you?
IF it happens I will be the first one here to say I am wrong. I don't run, never do.

And I won't be pissed, in fact I hope I am wrong. I want more SU guys to get in, but in reality McNabb is NOT an NFL HOF QB. He just isn't. He wasn't even one of the best 3 QB's of his era.

You are comparing 4 to 1? Really? What is Kelly's record in Conference Championship Games? Wanna do that head to head with McNabb? That's what separates the greats from the good. Kelly won more conference titles and got to more Super Bowls than McNabb. Kelly had more "big" moments in big games. McNabb always came up short.

And Kelly played in the era where the rules weren't tilted towards the QB and it was easy to rack up big stats.

This is a team sport. Kelly played on better teams. Bruce, Thurman, and Reed are all hall of famers.

IF it happens I will be the first one here to say I am wrong. I don't run, never do.

And I won't be pissed, in fact I hope I am wrong. I want more SU guys to get in, but in reality McNabb is NOT an NFL HOF QB. He just isn't. He wasn't even one of the best 3 QB's of his era.

McNabb is 14th all-time in wins, 21st in passing yards and 28th in passing TDs. I love McNabb (except when he's behind the wheel of a car) but I personally wouldn't vote him into the HOF. I think his rightful place is just on the outside looking in.

That said, your opinions are WAY too absolutist. The idea that he has "zero chance" is unrealistic. Try being more even-keeled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom