Marvin Harrison is in HOF class 2016! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Marvin Harrison is in HOF class 2016!

Not silly at all. I can take the emotion out of it. I can be an SU fan and still be realistic that McNabb won't ever sniff the HOF.

I was honest with my take on Harrison, he got screwed the past 2 years and should have been in 2 years ago. Coughlin is a HOF lock. Freeney probably gets in now that Kevin Greene is in and just has to wait on Jason Taylor to get in before he will. But McNabb is not HOF caliber. If you want to believe otherwise enjoy getting your hopes up every year and then being dissapointed the next 15 years when he doesn't get in.

I said this in another thread, Tc is def a lock, winning two sbs and taking an expansion team to two title games. I would put Freeney in, but I think its debatable, and he is going to have to wait. Mcnabb just didn't do enough to get in, very good qb, not a hof.

And Marvin and Floyd are sitting together in a box. Deborah posted pictures of them!! Floyd is bringing him back into the fold!!
Actually now that I look at an interview with Marvin and see other videos from the box, I don't think it was Marvin. The photos before the game were taken from across the box, and I thought it was him, but at the end of the game there are celebration videos and he is not wearing the same suit that Marvin was wearing and Deborah called him Mark, I think. So not sure who it was. I would think that they saw each other though. I certainly hope so.

Stern said:
To many people (non-SU fans/non-Eagles fans) that's all they remember him for. He never had a signature win his entire NFL career or that "big moment" during his playing days that gets replayed over and over again and is always remembered. McNabb belongs in the College Football Hall of Fame, just not the NFL one

If they were even remotely interested in football for a ten year span that is absolutely not what they remember him for.

My Mom? Sure. But she couldn't pick Manning out of a lineup either.

To many people (non-SU fans/non-Eagles fans) that's all they remember him for. He never had a signature win his entire NFL career or that "big moment" during his playing days that gets replayed over and over again and is always remembered.

McNabb belongs in the College Football Hall of Fame, just not the NFL one

football HOF is interesting in that they always let too many people in each year, yet each year you say "how did that guy get in over that guy". McNabb was a very good pro who carried a franchise to relevance while dealing with a poor personnel department and a big game challenged coach. Having said that if he went to BC nobody would think he was a HOFer. Numbers and stats are tough as eras change - watching him play he was never a good enough passer especially in big spots to put him in the elite category that should - repeat should - make up the HOF.

Coughlin in.
Freeny - maybe (he was more dominant at his position than Donovan was at his)
McNabb - slim and fading
Anderson - no

Congrats to Marvin, but it's hilarious he's in before TO.

Obviously TO will get there, but TO is arguably the second best wideout of all-time.

Congrats to Marvin, but it's hilarious he's in before TO.

Obviously TO will get there, but TO is arguably the second best wideout of all-time.

Don't know about hilarious. Marvin had more receptions in 2 fewer seasons. TO more yards (slightly) and TDs. Marvin has been eligible two years longer and the HOF is notorious for the "wait your turn" approach.

Marvin was also respected and beloved by his QB. TO - not so much...

Don't know about hilarious. Marvin had more receptions in 2 fewer seasons. TO more yards (slightly) and TDs. Marvin has been eligible two years longer and the HOF is notorious for the "wait your turn" approach.

Marvin was also respected and beloved by his QB. TO - not so much...

Two years longer is the big kicker here.

Put a poll out asking who is a better NFL wideout and I don't think it's close.

Harrison also had a top 3 quarterback ever throwing it to him his entire career.

Actually now that I look at an interview with Marvin and see other videos from the box, I don't think it was Marvin. The photos before the game were taken from across the box, and I thought it was him, but at the end of the game there are celebration videos and he is not wearing the same suit that Marvin was wearing and Deborah called him Mark, I think. So not sure who it was. I would think that they saw each other though. I certainly hope so.
Mark is Floyd's son

2 different kinds of WR one a route runner about precision and hands.. one a huge physical guy, one who ran the plays needed to move the ball down the field, one who was all about the deep ball and EZone production.. its not surprising TO had more TDs as he was thrown too much more in the red zone since his size didnt matter if he was open just throw him the ball..

good for Marvin.

the responses are hysterical.

Marvin is 1 interesting dude.

It's so funny how 10 years ago, we all interpreted his quiet demeanor as he was this angelic person, who was being thrown TD passes by another angelic person (Peyton).

th

It's so funny how 10 years ago, we all interpreted his quiet demeanor as he was this angelic person, who was being thrown TD passes by another angelic person (Peyton).
Neither person has been tried or convicted of anything......

Marvin and McNabb were teammates for 2 years right? TO's treatment of McNabb was apparently duly noted by #8.

"I'm not worried about nobody else but me. My jacket is gold."

Sounds like Marvin went to Trump University, not Syracuse University.

Is it just me or is anyone else terrified of Marvin Harrison? Between the gun incident, the legal issues and now this recent reaction to TO, I think I would be terrified to be trapped in an elevator with him.

Is it just me or is anyone else terrified of Marvin Harrison? Between the gun incident, the legal issues and now this recent reaction to TO, I think I would be terrified to be trapped in an elevator with him.
why??

what did you do or say to disrespect him??

if nothing...you should be good.

so don't piss me off or I will tell him different...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom