Matt Park | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone told him to go out and defend the program right? I mean he didn't do this on his own right?

The reason fans are upset is really pretty simple, goes a little something like this

Over the last 4 decades, since the 1989-90 season. Syracuse fans are accustomed to the following (short answer - consistent high performance):

• 1980s - Ave overall W-L- 24-9 (74%), Ave Conf. W-L - 10-5 (65%) - 1 FF
  • 1990s - Ave overall W-L- 23-11 (72%), Ave Conf. W-L - 11-6 (64%) - 1 FF (screw you Keith Smart)
  • 2000s - Ave overall W-L- 24-10 (72%), Ave Conf. W-L - 10-6 (63%) - 1 FF (Natty Champs)
  • 2010s - Ave overall W-L- 27-12 (70%), Ave Conf. W-L - 13-8 (63%) - 2 FF (these numbers are misleading when taken as a whole decade)

HOWEVER - This is where you see the change
  • BE 2010-2013 - Ave overall W-L- 30-7 (82%), Ave Conf. W-L - 14-4 (72%) - 1 FF
  • ACC 2014-2020 - Ave overall W-L- 21-13 (62%), Ave Conf. W-L - 10-8 (63%) - 1 FF

The extremely high performance that was the last 4 years of BE play combined with the mediocrity of ACC play represents the greatest swing in performance in 40 yrs of JAB led basketball teams.
I used the Syracuse Wiki page as my source

If you're not a fan whose opinion matters if you (1) are not an alum, or (2) donate less than a thousand dollars a year to the school, then (3) good luck with attendance in the hundreds at your next game.

This program only exists because of townies spending their money on entertainment at the Dome. It's not the alumni, and it's not the big donors who make up that 25-30,000 at hoops games, or 40,000 for football.
I am an alum, have football season tickets(don’t go to many games), make a donation to the schools I graduated from at SU.

I don’t think my opinion matters more than local who lives in Baldwinsville and didn’t go to SU or doesn’t have season tickets.

It’s doesnt matter how or why you are a fan.
Now the bigwigs have influence but none of them would be stupid enough to respond to his request survey.

While I'd like to agree with that, it seems that people from different age groups do, in fact, see each other.

The point was that if the olds are vaccinated, it doesn’t really matter what the young people are doing. If they’re tongue kissing the virus back and forth with each other or even tongue kissing old people, it doesn’t matter as long as the old people are vaccinated.

LOL I dont know about that but with CR you would have at least gotten responses that included TGI Fridays, Vaccine discrimination, Sylvan Beach and Sammy Malones bar in Bville.
Does he go to Sammy Malone’s? I go there when I come into town, my friend is the manager there. I’d love to see that fool.

I think we were mentioned a breath or two later
AP named us the 9th best program of all time when they did their top 100 list.

If 9th isn’t close to blue blood I don’t know what is close to blue blood status.

Does he go to Sammy Malone’s? I go there when I come into town, my friend is the manager there. I’d love to see that fool.

My favorite place in Bville is Sammy’s. My name is on the bar there :)

Coach your co-host on Twitter to defend the current state of the program asked fans what does Syracuse have to offer that other schools can’t be sides large crowds in the Dome. Is the program in a dire state fans are unaware in regards to recruiting or is Matt speaking out of his a$$?

Holy chit this makes me legitimately angry.
Stop tweeting or I will make a Twitter account and bring it.

I have never liked Park as an announcer or show host. Add in the fact some of his behavior when not behind the mic but still as a representative of the school, and it is amazing he still is employed here.

I have never liked Park as an announcer or show host. Add in the fact some of his behavior when not behind the mic but still as a representative of the school, and it is amazing he still is employed here.
I don’t listen to his football calls as I am not local. His basketball wasn’t great but okay. I was indifferent to his job performance as a PBP guy I am way more annoyed by Mr. Excitement.

With this said his tweet on Saturday passively aggressive attacking the fans for being critical of JB’s halftime comments before they happened and these tweets since Saturday have been really stupid.

To me the saddest part of today was Matt Park on Twitter acting like Boeheim's press secretary. The fact he thought that was necessary really shows where we are or where people on the ground think our fan base is. I'm a pretty positive person and do like some of our young players but I honestly watch every game but don't look forward to them like I used to and don't even get that upset after a loss.

So now we are...complaining...about a complaint...about the complainers?

You know it's been a bad season.

Is this guy serious?
Holy chit Park needs to stop tweeting.
This is serious. And there is only one person that can fix Matts issues.
SUPER LITTLE G to the rescue. He has baskets of dried bridesmaids bouquets to cheer up even the most sad jimmyites. Flip that backwards little man and give big Matt a hug. It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom