Matt Park | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its your duty little G. Big Hug for Matt.

Wow, you both are sooooo wrong. I'm 70 and can't wait for things to even ease some. Got my first half of the vaccine Sat, 2nd half in March. AAA baseball games a lot this summer if they can manage the attendence. Looking forward to going back to my bowling league in he fall. Lunches with my retired friends. LET ME OUT!
I’m with you. I’m younger but once things open up I’ll be the first one there. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest. I’ve sat inside and watched the last year of my life pass me by and I never want to do that again. Once I vaccinated and things are open I’ll be living life the best I can.

The Spanish Flu didn’t change social gatherings. And we had a pretty sound understanding of how viruses were spread at that time.

I’m doubtful it has an appreciable affect on attendance.
The Spanish flu. Seriously your comparing todays entertainment world to the Spanish flu era.
Friend fire up your ham radio and tune into the world.
You dont need to go out to get anything other than fresh air.

The Spanish flu. Seriously your comparing todays entertainment world to the Spanish flu era.
Friend fire up your ham radio and tune into the world.
You dont need to go out to get anything other than fresh air.

So your argument is “we can watch things on the television, so going in person isn’t worth it?”

We’ve been watching sports on television for a few years I think. Considering there’s nothing to suggest the world will be any more dangerous after the vaccines are fully rolled out than it was before Covid, I don’t think that argument holds water.

So someone told him to go out and defend the program right? I mean he didn't do this on his own right?

Certainly not for 12 straight hours, as he said in the thread.

My favorite place in Bville is Sammy’s. My name is on the bar there :)
My ex wife worked there for a bit, Bville has changed a bit the past few years. Seemed like it was more fun back in the day.
Where is your name on the bar? I’ll take a pic for you next time I’m there.

I really think he isn't the same player because he doesn't have Hughes around.

Griffin is doing a pretty good impression of Hughes, if you ask me.

I am an alum, have football season tickets(don’t go to many games), make a donation to the schools I graduated from at SU.

I don’t think my opinion matters more than local who lives in Baldwinsville and didn’t go to SU or doesn’t have season tickets.

It’s doesnt matter how or why you are a fan.
Now the bigwigs have influence but none of them would be stupid enough to respond to his request survey.

It's just such a "dick" thing to say.

So your argument is “we can watch things on the television, so going in person isn’t worth it?”

We’ve been watching sports on television for a few years I think. Considering there’s nothing to suggest the world will be any more dangerous after the vaccines are fully rolled out than it was before Covid, I don’t think that argument holds water.

Let's be honest, if the Dome isn't at least 25,000 for hoops or 35,000 for football, it's an awful environment with terrible food, unclean insufficient bathrooms and very little parking.

Other than that, what's not to love?

Let's be honest, if the Dome isn't at least 25,000 for hoops or 35,000 for football, it's an awful environment with terrible food, unclean insufficient bathrooms and very little parking.

Other than that, what's not to love?

I’ve enjoyed games that are 2/3rds full or even just half full. It doesn’t take much to make it loud in there. It’s nice not having to bully people out of the way in the concourse, too. Free parking for football games is typically easy to get and the shuttle lots are a bit pricey but worth it for basketball. I think the bathrooms are fine. I’m just peeing in there for like a minute; I don’t need it to be sparkling clean. The troughs are a model of efficiency. I’m indifferent to the food, I eat before and maybe grab some candy at the dome.

All of these factors would have kept people away all along, they’re not new. Few people who have dealt with them up til now would suddenly take issue.

My ex wife worked there for a bit, Bville has changed a bit the past few years. Seemed like it was more fun back in the day.
Where is your name on the bar? I’ll take a pic for you next time I’m there.

If you walk in the door by the parking lot then straight to the gar, its on the right corner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom