Matthew Moyer | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

theres also this...

cc6l55iuuaefxca.jpg

What was battles last official height? 6'7?

Dang those stepback 3's looked pure. Still a bit of a funny release but it seems to be working for him. So excited to see what a season in one of the best prep league does for Matthews game.

Dang those stepback 3's looked pure. Still a bit of a funny release but it seems to be working for him. So excited to see what a season in one of the best prep league does for Matthews game.
Yeah, he has to get that release up.

Funkiest step-back I've ever seen. He can get called for a travel on those, but they look pretty consistent.

Both JB and Moyer look good. Good pic! Moyer's handle is clearly improving big time. Still not sure about him in general as a prospect. I love his tenacity more than anything.

I agree. Height up top, coupled with long arms will pose problems for the opp. , but they had better have quick feet that translate into lateral quickness if a super-quick guard attempts to blow by. If not, there will be reach-in fouls. We need the whole package of skills. For sure Hop, Mac and Red will address this, if lacking. Now, if we just could improve Cooney's lateral moves a hair or two.....

Last edited:
I know its next year and I am Super excited for this year.
But there isn't enough Syracuse basketball news yet so here goes.
I think next year we could see JB's most aggressive team since the year 2000.
forwards-
Moyer
Lydon,
Roberson
Battle

Battle
Joseph
Malachi
Howard

Chuckwu (to throw the screen lob to)
Obokoh
Roberson Lydon or Moyer as the third center. Imagine Lydon growing another inch and putting on 15 more pounds.

Only one I see possibly jumping Kaleb.
Not to get ahead of ourselves but that team just screams of 40 minutes of hell zone defense.
I know this is uncharacteristic but what do you do? I really can't see anyone getting more then 30 minutes on that team and everyone outside Obokoh getting atleast 10.
I Think Roberson and Joseph should get used to playing only 25 minutes fullspeed against colgate/cornell/texas southern whoever near the end of Dec for a level head.
:D
This year is so exciting, should we delete this thought for awhile?

Last edited:
I think next year we see JB's most aggressive team since the year 2000.
forwards-
Moyer
Lydon,
Roberson
Battle

Battle
Joseph
Malachi
Howard

Obokoh
Roberson Lydon or Moyer as the third center. Imagine Lydon growing another inch and putting on 15 more pounds.

Not to get ahead of ourselves but that team just screams of 40 minutes of hell zone defense. I know this is uncharacteristic but what do you do? I really can't see anyone getting more then 30 minutes on that team and everyone outside Obokoh getting atleast 10.
I Think Roberson and Joseph should get used to playing only 25 minutes fullspeed against colgate/cornell/texas southern whoever near the end of Dec for a level head.
One word...PLATOON.

I think next year we could see JB's most aggressive team since the year 2000.
forwards-
Moyer
Lydon,
Roberson
Battle

Battle
Joseph
Malachi
Howard

Obokoh

Not to get ahead of ourselves but that team just screams of 40 minutes of hell zone defense.
I know this is uncharacteristic but what do you do? I really can't see anyone getting more then 30 minutes on that team and everyone outside Obokoh getting atleast 10.

I like this discussion to, although I know its quite early. I disagree about the playing 30 min thought however, as I see Roberson getting a ton of run on that team. As good as Moyer will be, he will need to add strength and work on his shot a bit, and probably won't see a ton of time right off the bat. Malachi could drop down to play the 2 while Battle and KJ play the one.

Here are my thoughts on minutes:

Moyer: 10 - 15 (Will be a star in time)
Lydon: 25ish (If he truly blossoms this year, he goes 30+ next and Roberson loses time)
Roberson: 30+
Battle: 30+ (Kid will play A LOT)
Joseph: 25ish (I truly think KJ will turn the corner this year and be a player from here on out)
Malachi: 25ish (Don't trust him defensively right now, from what I have seen, albeit his HS tape. Will need to get much better on that end and value possessions offensively for JB to trust him)
Howard: 10-15 (Could be wrong here, but feel he needs 1/2 years to get a feel for D1 ball. He is still coming back from leg injury)

Chuckwu: 20-25 (Kid will be a beast, and perhaps foul prone his first year)
Obokoh: 15-20 (Donna's story today got me rooting for him big time!)

I didn't do the Math so maybe I am way too high, but that's what I could see.
Should Taurean Thompson sign on, I think he basically plays the Chino role from last year 3-5 min tops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom