Matthew Moyer | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

His hair looks like Raf's did years and years ago except with a smaller shelf. LOL Crazy facial expression although I have no way of interpreting it.

I remember when Thomas Bryant looked a little scrawny and awkward a few years ago . . . . . . now he will have no issues with the physical play underneath the basket. I love his mid-post game.
Bryant's also, from what I've seen, a great high post passer. Looked smooth creating easy chances alongside Diallo. And as I think Francis mentioned recently, looking more like a true 5 every time we watch him.

Anyway, sorry to go off topic on a Moyer thread, cause this guy (MM) is one of my favorite prospects in recent years.

About that last video...talking about edge. He nearly chest bumps a teammate within an inch of his life in this clip. Ferocious edge. Yes, he would give us the best recruiting class (before end result) yet, and I just don't care what the sites would have you believe. They are fairly humorous at this point. Francis, I was wrong after all. :) At one point, I leaned Govan as he seemed more of a true 5. In retrospect it's simple. This one is a bad, bad man.

And yet another gamer in Moyer. Imagine those two together one day. All fire on the court.

if there was a handbook on how to recruit JB would be the author. the way he wraps classes up so early and is able to start recruiting the following years class is a huge advantage!
Circumstances were integral: his dream school, Michigan, never offered. OSU was not interested until FL offered. He was not an OSU fan but we don't know whether he would have gone to OSU if they showed more love. His dream school was Michigan.

Moyer is #35 here. Btw, Francis03 I like the kid Towns. Let me know what you think. Good slasher, definitely has enough athletic ability. Tough fit as a 3 for us. Michigan an early favorite. He's a 3 star, but you know. Take that for what it's worth. Nothing.

Btw, watching that last one carefully...Moyer is so much more polished than the other guy, no offense. I know he might not yet have that medium range shot with a hand in his face like Jabari, but some of his ball handling, getting easy looks at all cost attitude, just really looks like he could be a special get for us. I think the comparison could prove valid.

Circumstances were integral: his dream school, Michigan, never offered. OSU was not interested until FL offered. He was not an OSU fan but we don't know whether he would have gone to OSU if they showed more love. His dream school was Michigan.

His dream school was Michigan but his parents are tOSU grads?

Moyer is #35 here. Btw, Francis03 I like the kid Towns. Let me know what you think. Good slasher, definitely has enough athletic ability. Tough fit as a 3 for us. Michigan an early favorite. He's a 3 star, but you know. Take that for what it's worth. Nothing.
I like Towns and thought he was just as good as Moyer when I saw them together at first. I'm surprised that he's not highly regarded at this point but what do these scouts know right.

His dream school was Michigan but his parents are tOSU grads?

And he lives near campus. Go figure. Throughout HS he was a big Michigan fan. It was all over the OSU board that everyone on his HS team was well aware that he rooted for Michigan and considered it his dream team. He is on record stating that he loved their academics and saw them as an underdog team that is now on the rise. The reason why we are a hallowed basketball team is because JAB is an excellant judge of talent, clearly better than Beilein, although not quite as good as Igor is in his own mind.

And he lives near campus. Go figure. Throughout HS he was a big Michigan fan. It was all over the OSU board that everyone on his HS team was well aware that he rooted for Michigan and considered it his dream team. He is on record stating that he loved their academics and saw them as an underdog team that is now on the rise. The reason why we are a hallowed basketball team is because JAB is an excellant judge of talent, clearly better than Beilein, although not quite as good as Igor is in his own mind.
while I don't disagree about the Beilein comment I think in Moyers case its more of type of player that the schools recruit. JB long athletes and Beilein prefers shooters either way glad Moyer picked Orange!

Some of his coaches, mentors have amazing praises not only to his ability and character, but to his progression this past year. Remember he's only going into junior year. I easily take what he brings as a sophomore. Wait until he's a senior. Still growing and still polishing. That's scary.

I know the kid is still young but he needs to be living in that weight room. Even though our 3/4's are pretty much interchangeable, I don't see the skillset to play our 3 on offense.

I know the kid is still young but he needs to be living in that weight room. Even though our 3/4's are pretty much interchangeable, I don't see the skillset to play our 3 on offense.
That may be so but I would advise you to wait until you see him in a full game first and not a couple of highlight mixes before coming to that conclusion.

did you just start watching SU basketball? I don't know what video your watching but he looks like he can play the 3 or 4 at SU to me . Better tell JB this kid can't play the 3...lol

Lol dude lets not get in a debate about who has watched who more or closer to the program. If u guys see a 3 in him than please correct me on it. He needs to get in the weight room. Shouldn't be a debate in it

Lol dude lets not get in a debate about who has watched who more or closer to the program. If u guys see a 3 in him than please correct me on it. He needs to get in the weight room. Shouldn't be a debate in it

Don't think I've met a lot of teenagers his age who shouldn't be in the weight room. He's still young and has room to grow. He'll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom