maybe the dumbest decision since the Super bowl | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

maybe the dumbest decision since the Super bowl

On the coach, yeah Eli should've made a heads up play and taken a sack but it's a chicken salad outta you know what move.

And did they have a 5th grader running the clock there like a CYO game? That 4:20 / 40 second thing was annoying.

Maybe if our best pass rusher didn't play chicken with a firecracker last July?

:noidea:

On the coach, yeah Eli should've made a heads up play and taken a sack but it's a chicken salad outta you know what move.

And did they have a 5th grader running the clock there like a CYO game? That 4:20 / 40 second thing was annoying.
Not to mention, if the Cowboys didn't jump offside on the Ginats pass to the 4, the Giants would have won. Why on earth does the clock stop on a defensive penalty?

Others have said it too, but yeah, deciding to pass was fine; throwing it away instead of sliding was the mistake.

Really? Going 60 yards from the 1 would bring up a 56 yard field goal to tie. The Cowboys needed what 72 yards to win after the kickoff? An extra 12 yards is nothing. Also the mindset is different. If you only need 3 you are more likely to play concentrate on getting 3. Which means Dallas is less likely to get 7 points. I rather go to OT than lose by 1 anyday.

Right this math has been done before. Going up 6 doesn't help you much when you factor in how conservative offenses get when they're down 3 in FG range. And ya the field position difference between having the ball at the 20 and the 1 negates a good chunk of the difference between needing 3 and 7.
Ironic that 4th&G from the 1 is the only time where coaches aren't obsessed with the idea of gaining 20yds of field position; only because it's the one situation where the more conservative option involves forgoing field position (as opposed to 4th&5 from the 40). Coaches are mind-bogglingly stupid.

That is a given on both counts. My hopes for the Giants this season are very low. The Cowboys are the ones talking championship and Super Bowl.

Which Cowboys are talking Super Bowl? Jerry Jones isn't. I think there are several in the media that say they could make it.

The best part of last night's game is that what transpired was the opposite of popular mythology (i.e., Eli is a clutch magician and Romo is a choke artist). Last night Eli was the bonehead and Romo was the hero.

The best part of last night's game is that what transpired was the opposite of popular mythology (i.e., Eli is a clutch magician and Romo is a choke artist). Last night Eli was the bonehead and Romo was the hero.
Eli=2 super bowl mvp's Romo= 2 playoff wins

You and Eli can take comfort in that while you're watching Romo in the playoffs again.

The East is for the taking for anyone, minus the Skins. Dez ain't gonna be football's version of Cal Ripken now that he got paid.

The East is for the taking for anyone, minus the Skins. Dez ain't gonna be football's version of Cal Ripken now that he got paid.
I am more disappointed in Gregory's injury than Dez's. The Cowboys didn't miss him on their final two touchdown drives against the Giants. I would not have given Dez the big contract. I think it will hinder the team in the upcoming years. Wide receivers are significantly overvalued in the NFL in my opinion.

Yea, because Dez chose to break his foot since he got paid.

The other 105 guys in uniform weren't complaining about being dehydrated.
I often wonder if there would be fewer cases of dehydration if athletes drank water instead of Gatorade.

Last edited:
The other 105 guys in uniform weren't complaining about being dehydrated.

That must be due to him getting paid. I don't understand your point with Dez. He was getting cramps due to dehydration. What was Eli and Coughlin's brain cramp excuse? Maybe that was dehydration.

That must be due to him getting paid. I don't understand your point with Dez. He was getting cramps due to dehydration. What was Eli and Coughlin's brain cramp excuse? Maybe that was dehydration.

Dez has seemed to be a problem child with insane talent. For the money Eli gets paid he needs to have his act together on the final series - the guy closed out 2 Super Bowls, clearly game 1 shouldn't have been such an issue. 105 guys were in uniform and one guy cramped up after he signed his money. But not my team and the East looks to be pretty open this year.

Dez will be back at some point, I still think the Cowboys win the division pretty easily. The Giants and Skins are a mess, and the Eagles have some issues.

Dez has seemed to be a problem child with insane talent. For the money Eli gets paid he needs to have his act together on the final series - the guy closed out 2 Super Bowls, clearly game 1 shouldn't have been such an issue. 105 guys were in uniform and one guy cramped up after he signed his money. But not my team and the East looks to be pretty open this year.

Yes, the East is wide open. It should be interesting. I have learned to never count the Giants out.

There are always going to be missed calls, I find it ironic how when the Cowboys are involved, the league feels the need to apologize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom