Maybe we should listen to the Bracket Experts, Because | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Maybe we should listen to the Bracket Experts, Because

This is from Palm's Bracketology:

"The Orange have lost three out of four going into this game, although the worst of those losses was to Pittsburgh at home. Syracuse has a typical bubble-team profile: a few good wins, a few bad losses, and a bad record against the better competition it has faced. Florida State doesn't really qualify as better competition, but a loss wouldn't be the end. Syracuse will enter the ACC tournament on the bubble either way"

I don't see how anyone could say we're solidly in after today's loss.

This is from Palm's Bracketology:

"The Orange have lost three out of four going into this game, although the worst of those losses was to Pittsburgh at home. Syracuse has a typical bubble-team profile: a few good wins, a few bad losses, and a bad record against the better competition it has faced. Florida State doesn't really qualify as better competition, but a loss wouldn't be the end. Syracuse will enter the ACC tournament on the bubble either way"

I don't see how anyone could say we're solidly in after today's loss.

I don't think we're solidly in, but it isn't quite as dire as some are making it. It's been a bad stretch, no one can deny that, but the other bubble teams are pretty s***** too.

What's the 3rd bad loss.

Clemson and Wisconsin r not bad losses.

Maybe not by the selection committee definition, but by Syracuse fan expectations those losses were horrible.

If we end up having to play Pitt on Wednesday then I'll say we pretty much have no chance

Hard to beat a team three times in a row. I don't like our chances against Pitt, but won't shut the door either.

If we end up having to play Pitt on Wednesday then I'll say we pretty much have no chance

With or luck we will get Pitt, and we all know what happens when we see Pitt.

With Hopkins as HC. Look at Clemsons overall record.

17-13. Wow. What a squad.

You're cool with losing to mediocre teams at home, when we had the game won. Most of us aren't. That loss was ridiculous and horrible.

With Hopkins as HC. Look at Clemsons overall record.

Clemson is barely above 500,they had that nice stretch when they beat some good teams, but overall they are pretty bad.

No way we play on Tuesday. We're in the 8-9 game no matter what
So itll be Wednesday verse Pitt? Winner of that is in, if the loser is Syracuse, we are 100000000% out. YUUUUUCK

So itll be Wednesday verse Pitt? Winner of that is in, if the loser is Syracuse, we are 100000000% out. YUUUUUCK

If Virginia Tech beats Miami, we get Pitt. If Miami wins, it's Va Tech.

Hard to beat a team three times in a row. I don't like our chances against Pitt, but won't shut the door either.

Would love to see the actual numbers on this.

This doesn't make sense. Those losses were already considered by the bracket projections.

Now factor in the loss today, and the fact we could finish 10th place in the conference. Lets be honest, since beating Notre Dame in Jan, what have we done to be an Ncaa tournament team?

If Virginia Tech beats Miami, we get Pitt. If Miami wins, it's Va Tech.

UGH. We were extremely lucky to beat VT. Took them completely choking and Gbinije and Malachi making some really tough jumpers at the end for us to comeback and win it at home.

And we all know about Pitt.

Not feeling good at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom