Maybe we should listen to the Bracket Experts, Because | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Maybe we should listen to the Bracket Experts, Because

Andy Katz

"Still Think Syracuse is in Safely".

Point, Set, Match. For Now.

Andy Katz

Why don't you go to Chuck E Cheese and let the adults conversate.

Andy Katz

Well, clearly if Andy Katz says we're in we've got nothing to worry about - your logic is air-tight here. Guess we can just ignore whatever the selection committee says on March 13.

And it's 'game, set, match'...

Emails from Emmert and other NCAA big wigs to the committee; "make sure you shaft Syracuse". Folks, I think the we gonna get screwed.

Since the tourney expanded to 68 teams, less than 25% of P5 conference teams with RPI ratings 61-70 got into the tourney. 0% 70+.

But who cares about odds and history. As we know, when Syracuse heads into Selection Sunday on the bubble we always get in...

You are making the base assumption that all teams in the 61-70 range are basically the exact same, and only 25% got picked. That is the massive flaw in your analysis. They are not all alike. The 25% that got selected was because the good on the resume overcame the RPI.

Also remember this is a 70 team field this season.

Can't understand why so many of you continue to spew random cliché declarations about our NCAA chances when jncuse and Pearl31 have consistently presented us all the most up to the minute objective information at our fingertips. Many of you continue to argue with them, when they have not once implied whether we "deserve" to be in the tourney, or offered subjective comments like we "have crumbled down the stretch" or we haven't got 20 wins, or we need to win x amount of games or go x-x in the conference. None of this matters, the facts are the facts, and whether we deserve to be in the tourney or not (even with a loss Wednesday) is irrelevant. The bubble is so soft this year we still may be there. Many need to stop making random assertions and follow their logic - I know we're all frustrated, but come on...

You are making the base assumption that all teams in the 61-70 range are basically the exact same, and only 25% got picked. That is the massive flaw in your analysis. They are not all alike. The 25% that got selected was because the good on the resume overcame the RPI.

Also remember this is a 70 team field this season.
1) The analysis isn't flawed, it's an actual statistic. Just math.
2) The field is 68 teams.

We are officially in board meltdown mode.

Some here seem confident we will get in. I don't how about them but if we lose our ACCT game I won't be sitting comfortably in my barcalounger on Selection Sunday. In fact I will be resigned to an NIT appearance. We have too many bad losses to get in.

Some here seem confident we will get in. I don't how about them but if we lose our ACCT game I won't be sitting comfortably in my barcalounger on Selection Sunday. In fact I will be resigned to an NIT appearance. We have too many bad losses to get in.
Does it matter if we get in. We will be out the 1st weekend.

according to them we r more solidly in the field than many of us fans think.

ACC road game, Florida State blew out Notre Dame last Saturday add in Senior day. Plus we beat blew them out at home anyway. Not a bad loss prob does not change much maybe drops us to a 10 seed in the Big Dance maybe but for now prob sticks us in a 8/9 game.

We got the resume. Win one in the ACC Tournament and we r good.

Can I ask for some optimism from our fan base for once. Positive Thinking.

Any time Hulk is starting threads it's an indication that the board is in total meltdown mode.

I ask you. Would you let this man handle your baggage?

Katz is a douche. His comments could be a sign of the end times are upon us.

Nobody is making that assumption that we are comfortably in with a loss. That I am aware of anyway. We have a chance, but a slight one.

But many people last week on this board did scoff at the idea that was presented that only 1 win (FSU or game 1 of the ACC) would likely be enough. And that is indeed proving to be the case. But we have to win, which is problematic.

according to them we r more solidly in the field than many of us fans think.

ACC road game, Florida State blew out Notre Dame last Saturday add in Senior day. Plus we beat blew them out at home anyway. Not a bad loss prob does not change much maybe drops us to a 10 seed in the Big Dance maybe but for now prob sticks us in a 8/9 game.

We got the resume. Win one in the ACC Tournament and we r good.

Can I ask for some optimism from our fan base for once. Positive Thinking.
You live in an alternative universe dude

I am not denying your 25% figure for a team in the 61-70 range.

But right now there are 4 Power5 teams that are in the 61-70 range after Michigan loses tonight. And there will be one team that is in the tournament -- 25%. (it might be 2)

Syracuse
Michigan
Georgia Tech
Florida St

Not every team above has the same probability to get in. While the RPI is in the same range some clearly have better resumes than the other.

If only 1 can get picked (25% of teams) the great majority will pick Syracuse, some will take Michigan, and none will take the other two.

I don't know how I can make it any simpler for you. It's the resume that matters.

You live in an alternative universe dude

He is sort of correct though. Win one ACC game and we are in.

Although I am certain that he thinks our chances of beating Pitt are higher than mine and everybody here.

Last edited:
we play pitt.

Does 19-13 keep us in?

I am going to make a lengthy assessment on it tomorrow night after all this weekend's games are completed. I am certain we will have some chance, especially if we eliminate bubble busters or keep it to 1 more.

But it will certainly be a less than likely assessment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom