McDonald | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

McDonald

After watching the actual video of the quotes it's not as bad as the tweets made it look. I think the guy just doesn't have that filter you need to have. His past tweet arguments just make it all the more clear. He is an emotional guy and says what's on his mind. He may still have to go depending how the school and staff feel but it wasn't the all out anger the individual quotes made it look like.

he still should have taken the high road by not agreeing to any interviews.

Agreed. Poor judgment on his part. The guy obviously is an emotional guy so he's bound to act on emotion and I think that's exactly what is happening right now. His emotions are getting the better of him. It will settle down I'm sure.

Those FL kids are still the best at their positions, or on their way. Ishmael, Estime, Parris.

He got us good players - just not great (that we know of)... Rest of your post I agree with ;).

Parris is a GA kid ... not from FL and not recruited by McDonald.

Reminds me of a story when Rob Spence was the OC. After a bad loss on the road to UConn, Spence had a meltdown on the team bus while the team was awaiting the plane at Bradley Airport. At first, they thought Spence was having a heart attack. But it was just a panic attack, a condition that affected him at times during games. He wasn't around much longer.

I thought that was Pariani?

Wow so things just got really weird. After Shafer and Lester saying how much of a team player George was, McDonald drops that comment to Bailey.

"I was blindsided by the demotion. I would have stayed at Arkansas if I knew this would happe."

Just wow. We are almost better off cutting bait right now. That's a terrible thing to say when you have kids you have recruited to the program, and kids you are in contact with. I really hope Shafer takes over South Florida for him because George is obviously gone at the end of the year.

With that said McDonald may be the most overrated "Great" recruiter ever. Sure he may have been solid at other schools, but who has he brought to Syracuse that we normally wouldn't get? imo not one kid. People will say Ishmael, but Ish took officials visits to Illinois, Louisville, and another ho-hum place I can't recall. If you want to be labeled a great recruiter you better actually bring in kids we wouldn't normally get. The kids he has committed for this year don't even have any other offers. He may have been just as big of a bust on the recruiting trail then he has as an OC. And after that comment he can hit the road right now for all I care because he is leaving eventually.

There has to be more to this story...

The rapid, mid-season demotion, the mysterious "leaks," and then the immediate and crystal clear confirmation of the demotion from SS suggests to me that they are looking to cut ties with GM. Otherwise, why not attempt to handle this internally?

Yeah. This dude is gone at the end of the year for sure. Be on the lookout for a new WR/Special teams coach.

After watching the actual video of the quotes it's not as bad as the tweets made it look. I think the guy just doesn't have that filter you need to have. His past tweet arguments just make it all the more clear. He is an emotional guy and says what's on his mind. He may still have to go depending how the school and staff feel but it wasn't the all out anger the individual quotes made it look like.

Thats the problem with twitter quotes, heck its the problem with the media in general all context is removed and only the soundbite that will get the most clicks/views remains.

McDonald said what was on his mindwithout a perfect filter (to use your word). The guy is emotional and firey, exactly what we want in our coaches and players. When they get emotional/firey in a negative way they become bad guys, but when they do it on the field in a positive way they are revered and heros. Look no further than the FU Dabo line from shafer last year. At the time everybody loved it. Now people are using it as part of their argument why Shafer needs to get canned.

he didn't call that play it was an audible by hunt that was clearly not the right play

Clearly not the right play is an understatement- but I can't give a pass on George on this one either. What kind of leader throws his player under the bus like that even if true? He should have owned it and protected his player instead of stabbing Hunt in the back--better yet as OC he could have better prepared Hunt to not call that audible. I'm beginning to wish he stayed at Arkansas too--

And everyone with half a brain knows and that absolutely he would have stayed at his old job if he knew this one wouldn't work out, but GMC keep your mouth shut coach next 7 games and be onto the next spot, it's what you do. He's a clown.

he's really unloading on shafer on pinterest
upload_2014-10-7_20-49-25.png

IthacaBarrel said:
That would make sense because that game was a freaking disaster

Might have been Pariani. Trying to google a reference to it.

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia
McDonald said he got texts from around football affirming that he's "not as bad as Syracuse thinks I am."

Wow. Someone doesn't want his job anymore. What is he thinking saying these things to Axe?

Pretty sure every single one of those texts has an offer attached to it....:rolleyes:

I would fire him and bring in someone to coach wide receivers for the next 6 weeks. Somebody has to be out there, even a grad assistant who can help for a few weeks. Sounds cancerous, never want to work with a guy when you have to question if he's actually rooting for your success.

This "drama" is about the only thing that could get us front and center on ESPN.com's CFB page. Look for it tomorrow. He's going to have to go after this.

McDonald will get a job at an SEC school but what he said tells me he has no filter. Just till your fired or have moved on. His recurring chops here were decent but he didn't bring in top guys. If he recruited like Mike Locksley at Maryland he could have stayed. We need Stefan Diggs like talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom