McDonald | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

McDonald

We are all going to find out how good the talent is and real soon. (Some might say that without Hunt it is not a fair test, a notion I would dispute, but that is for another time.) I doubt that the talent vs OC debate will be answered with any certainty, but some minds might be changed.

We will almost certainly see some sort of subset of the current offense for the time being; we will see some of the same plays run by different talent.

Apparently, we will see more running game but which type? Will we see a Power I? Two back sets? Zone read in the red zone with Long or Kimble?

Unless the depth chart is a red herring of sorts, it looks like we will see the same backs.

What happens if we can't run? Quick game with bubbles and slants, perhaps. Deep throws by Wilson?

It certainly will be interesting. We should get some idea of where Lester intends to go. Not a full blown painting but at least a watercolor.

My wild guesses ifs that Morris emerges as our feature back by the end of the season and one of the QB's earns the top job by the NC State game.
depth chart has been for show all year why would this week be different

Mickey D is going down and he is determined HCSS is going with him.

I am still puzzled why I am so angry about this team after a few games, last year was really no different but I am angry -- way more angry -- and this s***storm just feels so good b/c someone in a position of responsibility is paying for it. But while I might feel excited about the change there is no world in which McCool's meltdown is helpful to us.

If I had known I was going to suck at my promotion, I definitely would have kept my last job, even though I really wanted to be promoted. So the lesson is, don't take that promotion!

I can hear Judge Smails in the background...

maxresdefault.jpg

Not very smart, this hurts your future employment chances. Never burn bridges always be gracious. Sounds like a brat

my own personal thoughts on offensive struggles have to do with our 2 best offensive coaches being up in the booth during the game so hard for us to much adjustments during the game

My greatest concern is that it appears Shafer runs a pretty loose ship. You think McDonald would have said the same if Marrone was HC?

Great post. One of the top rules of management: Don't leave your problems laying around to create even more problems. If you have doubts about a guy, get rid of him. Next, people join companies but they leave managers. In this case, leave means torching all bridges to Shafer. McDonald is not the first person in coaching history to be demoted but he is setting the bar high for original response, and that shows lack of respect for Shafer.

This does not make Shafer a victim. The comparison to Marrone is an apt one. No one looks good here.

Last edited:
I've Changed My Mind.

Shaffer Should Not Have Demoted McDonald.

You Wait To The End Of The Season.

Reflects A Dysfunctional Program.

We Are A mess.
I agree. They could have had Lester up in the box taking the lead. Makes me wonder if someone up the chain was not happy with the F It article.

McDonald shouldn't be talking to the media period.

And I don't care how nicely he said "I was blind-sided", it shows a distrust for his boss.

Someone should have put him on mute after the F*** it interview.

My greatest concern is that it appears Shafer runs a pretty loose ship. You think McDonald would have said the same if Marrone was HC?

The loose ship seems to extend beyond the coaching staff, based on some of the penalties so far.

One question I haven't seen posed is...what happens to/with Eric White now? He and McDonald always seemed like a package deal.

I've Changed My Mind.

We Are A mess.
I think the Villanova, Maryland and Louisville games showed that we are a mess. This shows we're trying to fix the problem. And McDonald is doing a great job right now to show just how big of a problem he is and was.

One question I haven't seen posed is...what happens to/with Eric White now? He and McDonald always seemed like a package deal.
I think he'll be loyal to McDonald and go wherever he goes, as long as he has somewhere to go.

I've Changed My Mind.

We Are A mess.
if he's costing us games, you make the move

it's dysfunctional to leave a guy in there that everyone knows can't do it

the mess is kind of fun in a reality show way

Shafer can't afford to throw away games if he thinks his OC may be the problem.

We may not win another game this year with Hunt out, but losing out this season would put Shafer and our program in a bad spot.

When I first started selling cars at 20 years old the GM told me this when a guy decided to leave for another dealership...

"The grass is always greener on the other side... but it's usually astro turf"

Only fitting given the dome.

It's gotta suck being demoted and realizing you were seen as a failure. But don't pretend you would have stayed at your previous job if you knew there was a risk in taking an OC job. It's coaching, there is a risk at every coaching position.

I've Changed My Mind.

We Are A mess.
It's clear he's cancer. You cut that out ASAP.

We can only hope that this adversity brings out the best in the players. Because I think it's either that or the team crumbles.

he should have just knowing that the local media would have run with all of those quotes out of context. You think we're bad here, wait til you read all the headlines over the next hour or so.

Yes, I think we are demonstrating a classless reaction and acting like a bunch of juveniles on syracuse.com.

Some don't like him - so what? The guys just had a friend pulls the rug out from him. Whether justified or not that is not something anything is taught to handle. Perhaps posters should just SFU. He was one of us, our guy and he just got crushed. Do you have any sense of understanding or empathy at all? Is it so freaking important to crucify the guy because he got ambushed by the press? If he had said no comment he would have been crucified for that.

YOU have no idea how you would have handled it - none at all.

We can only hope that this adversity brings out the best in the players. Because I think it's either that or the team crumbles.
I actually think it will. This is perfect storm kind of stuff for fsu (really hoping so for bball recruits sake).

Syracuse football's George McDonald apologizes for comments regarding demotion, (PS: Bailey)

Syracuse, N.Y. — Syracuse wide receivers coach George McDonald apologized for his negative comments regarding his demotion in a text message sent late Tuesday night.

"I understand that I shouldn't have said that I wouldn't have come (to Syracuse)," McDonald said. "(Head coach Scott) Shafer gave me a great opportunity and it didn't work out. I was frustrated and let my emotions get the best of me when I said that."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom