McNabb | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

McNabb

Interested Go On GIF by MOODMAN
They made Pat McAfee the face of the network. Need more be said?

I think McAfee was a great addition to College Gameday. Made it somewhat entertaining again, given that Corso only makes the occasional cameo at this point.

He is without a doubt Corso's replacement. In a way, he already is.

He is without a doubt Corso's replacement. In a way, he already is.

It was a great move. That show needs a colorful character. You can usually tell it's a good move when he gets so much heat from people. They're the people that end up watching the most.

I know David Pollack wanted the role, and he seems like a nice, knowledgeable guy, but Zzzzzz...

It was a great move. That show needs a colorful character. You can usually tell it's a good move when he gets so much heat from people. They're the people that end up watching the most.

I know David Pollack wanted the role, and he seems like a nice, knowledgeable guy, but Zzzzzz...

Couldn't agree more. I really liked Pollack and I felt bad for him being let go. I'm a diehard college football fan, so I appreciate guys like him. Obviously the more casual follower would in all likelihood tune in for McAfee's H0T Takes and big personality. Who knows, perhaps when Corso calls it quits, ESPN hires Pollack back, or it's very possible they stick with the same crew they have. They probably don't need another analyst on set.

Exactly. Corso has basically been a dancing monkey for about 5 years. With that many analysts, they need someone for flash and antics. Add that where that person brings emotion from the audience/crowd in attendance (good or bad), it's a good fit.

I think McAfee was a great addition to College Gameday. Made it somewhat entertaining again, given that Corso only makes the occasional cameo at this point.

I can't claim I watched enough to have a well informed opinion - but I always felt like Corso followed college football and had knowledgeable takes. From what I saw, I felt like McAfee doesn't follow college football all that closely - so his takes are the equivalent of what you'd hear from any random moron at a bar. Maybe that's adequate to draw in enough of an audience to make the show work, but any time I watched this year I personally didn't care for it. I actually listen to his show fairly regularly and like it, so I thought I'd like him on Gameday much more than I did.

Exactly. Corso has basically been a dancing monkey for about 5 years. With that many analysts, they need someone for flash and antics. Add that where that person brings emotion from the audience/crowd in attendance (good or bad), it's a good fit.

I think they should move Herbsteit off game day - over exposure.

With TNF, he seems to big for GameDay now honestly. I want more NFL from him but I know that's tough.

McAfee was a great move. His Friday shows were a lot of fun this year. I watch as much I can except Tuesdays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom