MCW Leaving? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

MCW Leaving?

No he's not. He plays for an elite program. The NBA is a couple of stars and role players who fit a skill. He's no NBA star.
You've really oversimplified the NBA game there, boss.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ahh...no one is more simplistic than I am.

No doubt MCW gets drafted. The only question is whether he's lottery pick.

Unfortunately, he would really benefit from at least one more year in Orange.
A year to get stronger, quicker, improve his shot and ability to penetrate & get to the hoop more consistently.

Otherwise, despite his size and defensive abilities...I fear he suffers from GCPS...
Great College Player Syndrome.
He's great (or can be) at this level...will really struggle in the NBA where EVERYONE has great skills...most far superior to his.

Watch the games, look at the rosters. And look at point guards. They can all either hit the stand alone jumper or finish strong around the rim, and many do both. He does neither.

My point is that he needs to further develop his game in college or he runs the serious risk of being a one contract and done guy.

No, he looked awful. However, he played against a defense that is historically tough on PGs, while MCW played against the NBA defense...M2M. No saying Burke is great. I think he is overrated. Can't believe someone on the panel said he will be an allstar at the next level.....

Actually you cannot defend with your hands on the ball handler in the NBA, you cannot deter the progress of the ball handler and you don't get rewarded for running to a spot to get run over. That's why the NBA game moves along and the college game is dragggggggggggggggggggggggging itself further and further into the lurch and every bad call is huge because no one can score they way they call things.

Jim Boeheim has a fiduciary duty to his players as their coach to advice them like he would his own children. Michael Carter-Williams is 21 years old, won't have a better chance to be a high draft pick, and his family just had their house burn down. He needs to tell MCW to leave just like Jonny Flynn, Dion Waiters, etc. and take the money. We as fans would do the same thing in the same circumstance if MCW was 19 years old like a typically sophomore MAYBE he could justify returning, but you got to strike while the iron is hot and he should go and I thank him for leading this program to the Final Four this year.

Jim Boeheim has a fiduciary duty to his players as their coach to advice them like he would his own children. Michael Carter-Williams is 21 years old, won't have a better chance to be a high draft pick, and his family just had their house burn down. He needs to tell MCW to leave just like Jonny Flynn, Dion Waiters, etc. and take the money. We as fans would do the same thing in the same circumstance if MCW was 19 years old like a typically sophomore MAYBE he could justify returning, but you got to strike while the iron is hot and he should go and I thank him for leading this program to the Final Four this year.

Agreed if MCW is back it won't be because JB told him to come back.

10000% agree. You do what's best for the player.

He has height

Can you name one NBA PG whose success can be at all attributed to his height? In fact, can you name one 6-6 PG? The last decade is considered the era of the PG so you have plenty to pick from.

He has height
When he's playing where you can't man handle the ball handler, Michael Carter Williams will excel

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Can you name one NBA PG whose success can be at all attributed to his height? In fact, can you name one 6-6 PG? The last decade is considered the era of the PG so you have plenty to pick from.

Most common comp for MCW is Shawn Livingston. While Livingston never lived up to they hype, he still got paid in the draft and was not a 1 contract guy in the NBA.

MCW can not improve his stock next year. Only bad things happen when you return to college in this day and age as it relates to draft status. It is a significantly stronger draft next year. And MCW would be 24.

If he leaves this year he's top 10. If he stays and goes next year, he's probably 11-15. Don't want him to leave, but he's probably gone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom