MCW officially declares | Syracusefan.com

MCW officially declares

It's a no brainer for him and I wish him well. He helped take us farther than any other early departure since Melo and deserves a lot of credit for that. The early departure thing (not just for him) leaves me a little cold though. It really helps me to appreciate what guys like Brandon, Gmac, Duany and so many others do for the Program.

Best of luck, and also to his family and what they have endured by losing all of their possessions when the house burned down. Yes, you can rebuild a house, but you will never get your special things back. I thank MCW for sticking with the program while he spent many hard minutes on the bench last year, and wish him all of the best in the NBA. Represent the Cuse well!!

It's a no brainer for him and I wish him well. He helped take us farther than any other early departure since Melo and deserves a lot of credit for that. The early departure thing (not just for him) leaves me a little cold though. It really helps me to appreciate what guys like Brandon, Gmac, Duany and so many others do for the Program.

Were any of those people lottery pick worthy after thier Sophmore season?

Good lord @ that comment section.

There are people out there that didn't realize he was going like 6 month ago???

Thanks, MCW. Wish you would stay, but we understand. All the best. Come back and visit, you'll be welcomed.

Of course not. But that doesn't stop some from jumping anyway.

No it doesn't, but I'm not so sure Triche stays all 4 years if he could have been taken #13 after his Sophmore season.

No it doesn't, but I'm not so sure Triche stays all 4 years if he could have been taken #13 after his Sophmore season.
I'm not so sure if Triche left after his sophomore year we win 30 games this year and go to the final four. Point is, you need the Program kids to fill in around the stars like Melo and MCW to make that run every now and then. That said, I'm happy for MCW and wish him all the best.

I think the ultimately successful teams need to have a mix of both the players who are good enough to leave early and others who are program stabilizers who can contribute consistently for four years. I think JAB has achieved the perfect mix the past few years and is ultimately a big reason why we are a couple of unfortunate events of being in the Final Four in 3 of the past 4 years, Even if you supposedly have all the talent in the world like Kentucky did this year, it doesn't make for good team chemistry. When they were dominant last year, they had upperclassmen who could steady the ship when needed, Good luck MCW!

I'm not so sure if Triche left after his sophomore year we win 30 games this year and go to the final four. Point is, you need the Program kids to fill in around the stars like Melo and MCW to make that run every now and then. That said, I'm happy for MCW and wish him all the best.

True, but usually there is program kids because those kids aren't good enough to make it in the NBA yet.

True, but usually there is program kids because those kids aren't good enough to make it in the NBA yet.
But sometimes they are really good college players that don't have a position in the NBA. #tweeners See CJFair ... not big enough to play the 4, not a good enough handle to play the 3. I will take a bunch of CJ Fairs all day long.

He got us to the Final Four and we'll all be rooting for his success in the pros. Time to move on.

a lot of people finally get their wish. a lot of people in this town really don't get what we are losing.

Can't wait to follow his career.

a lot of people finally get their wish. a lot of people in this town really don't get what we are losing.

Can't wait to follow his career.

Stop it. People should be bummed but it was waaaaaay worse losing Johnny Flynn early. Flynn was ten times the player that mcw was

no he wasn't
Sorry, but this kid is right now a good college player, but there is no way he can survive at point in the pros. His ball handle is suspect, he passes too many floaters, his shot is no where near as good as it needs to be, and he is just not strong enough. He should have stayed at least one more year. I wish him the best moving on, but don't believe he will stick for long. Hope he gets a huge signing check he will need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom