Mcw owes us one... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mcw owes us one...

Sorry about the previous post. My problem with the high ball screen is I don't think we have the right players to run it effectively late in the shot clock. Nova did a nice job of hedging high, and we didn't have a big man that was effective enough (used enough?) that can make them pay for it. Essentially it becomes one-dimensional and low percentage.

...and before someone says it, I do know I'm not Jim Boeheim or a hall of famer, etc etc. Just a lowly high school coach making an observation.

I didn't like slowing it down at the down of regulation. We went several minutes without hitting a FG. But if MCW hits the front end of the 1-and-1, it's game over (Derrick Coleman flashback).

I don't necessarily think it was a bad strategy in OT. We were basically missing 3 starters at that point (if you include South), and Triche and MCW had been beating their guards off the dribble all morning, so JB was basically putting the game in their hands.

No problem with the decision to stall, but how the f does Brandon not touché the ball in the final three minutes.

Mcw made some horrific decisions down the stretch. If your going to dominate the ball, you better make fts. Which he didn't.

Learn from it and move on.
I thought we learned in the Lville game that BT should have the ball when it is crunch time--better judgment, better FT shooter.

Brandon was not perfect. I believe he missed some big free throws and he couldnt even walk without falling in the final minute. that was a terrible missed layup

He missed 1ft down the stretch. And he slipped not fell. It happens.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

He missed 1ft down the stretch. And he slipped not fell. It happens.

He slipped and fell like three or four times, including one time late with us up 6 that lead to an easy layup for Nova. Not sure if it was his shoes or the court but he was all over the place and not in a good way.

He slipped and fell like three or four times, including one time late with us up 6 that lead to an easy layup for Nova. Not sure if it was his shoes or the court but he was all over the place and not in a good way.
You are talking about MCW...BT slipped at the end of OT...I have to wonder if the ice rink caused trouble?

You are talking about MCW...BT slipped at the end of OT...I have to wonder if the ice rink caused trouble?

I remember the MCW but Triche also fell right as he was getting a pass, the Aridiacano kid or Proactiv as I call him took the pass and went in for a layup. You maybe right about the rink, never seen us fall so many dame times.

Brandon needs to have a one on one with MCW and make it clear he needs the ball when he is feeling it.

you realized JB is the one setting up what he wants the players to do down the stretch right? if JB wanted Brandon to have the ball at the end he would have had Brandon have the ball. How is this on MCW?

you realized JB is the one setting up what he wants the players to do down the stretch right? if JB wanted Brandon to have the ball at the end he would have had Brandon have the ball. How is this on MCW?
Disagree. MCW waved Brandon off at least once. No way was he giving up the ball.

Except I didn't notice the Nova guys slipping.

Disagree. MCW waved Brandon off at least once. No way was he giving up the ball.
disagree all you want, if Jim wanted BT to have it he would have. We were in stall ball with MCW holding it up top. JB could have easily had BT take the ball if he wanted. Notice how JB gave BT the ball at the end of the louisville game? MCW wouldn't have waived off the coach, and why would any potential all-american who is your teams pg actually give up the ball at the end by his own choice? this is a coaches decision, not mcw. he was the hero the past 2 games, things didn't work out today now he's the goat?

Except I didn't notice the Nova guys slipping.
That's what is so perplexing. On the other hand, the Nova guys weren't slashing through the key or trying to beat us off the dribble. Maybe it was the hard cuts and added condensation that caused it...our style of play exacerbated it...

disagree all you want, if Jim wanted BT to have it he would have. We were in stall ball with MCW holding it up top. JB could have easily had BT take the ball if he wanted. Notice how JB gave BT the ball at the end of the louisville game? MCW wouldn't have waived off the coach, and why would any potential all-american who is your teams pg actually give up the ball at the end by his own choice? this is a coaches decision, not mcw. he was the hero the past 2 games, things didn't work out today now he's the goat?
Unfortunately, yes he is...can't have it both ways. Wanna be a hero, then deal with the fallout when you fail. This one was on him...as was Temple. So he's 2-2 when trying to be the hero. Frankly, I'd rather him just play the game and be a point guard...

Unfortunately, yes he is...can't have it both ways. Wanna be a hero, then deal with the fallout when you fail. This one was on him...as was Temple. So he's 2-2 when trying to be the hero. Frankly, I'd rather him just play the game and be a point guard...

so just for clarification is this on MCW because he didn't make a play at the end, or because he didn't give Brandon the ball? Serious question.

The latter cost us the game...he just has to make those free throws and not turn the ball over. The later was just a case of bad judgement. He makes one free throw and we win...All American's make that shot...

Edit...not making the play cost us the game...not getting the ball to BT was selfish and also may of cost us the game...either way though, make FTs and the rest doesn't matter. Same as Temple...

The latter cost us the game...he just has to make those free throws and not turn the ball over. The later was just a case of bad judgement. He makes one free throw and we win...All American's make that shot...
i agree the missed ft's are ridiculous, and that's on both BT, and MCW, but to put the whole entire game on MCW because he didn't make a tough 10 foot runner in the game is ridiculous. there were so many plays in the game to say 1 play cost us the game is a bit pathetic. we ran the clock down he was forced to make a play with the clock running out, he got a great look, it just didn't go in, it happens.

You could also say Jerami owes us one, his own goal in the first half would have been the winning margin. He looked like his hands were on backwards in the first half.

i agree the missed ft's are ridiculous, and that's on both BT, and MCW, but to put the whole entire game on MCW because he didn't make a tough 10 foot runner in the game is ridiculous. there were so many plays in the game to say 1 play cost us the game is a bit pathetic. we ran the clock down he was forced to make a play with the clock running out, he got a great look, it just didn't go in, it happens.
I guess my point is that, on at least one of 3 processions he could of given the ball up. He is an excellent basketball player. But today he made a mistake of judgement. Lets see if he learns from it.

The decision to go to the isolation for MCW down the stretch was fatal. Bad move by JB.

Four straight trips where we didn't get a shot off, followed by Mike missing the front end of a one-and-one. That was about the worst late game execution I've seen since Jonny Flynn's freshman year with Harris and Donte.

You're confused. Sure it was JB who decided MCW would stand near outside with the ball for 25 seconds. But I doubt JB told him to go one on whatever every play at 10 secs. And that's when Triche yelled for the ball. If JB had told MCW at the 10 second mark, ignore the others, you wouldn't have seen Triche yell to him nor JB get mad at him once.

so just for clarification is this on MCW because he didn't make a play at the end, or because he didn't give Brandon the ball? Serious question.

Both. Sometimes the better play was to give Brandon a touch, especially when we failed to get shots off 2 or 3 times in a row. At that point, give somebody else a touch and make the defense adjust.

You're confused. Sure it was JB who decided MCW would stand near outside with the ball for 25 seconds. But I doubt JB told him to go one on whatever every play at 10 secs. And that's when Triche yelled for the ball. If JB had told MCW at the 10 second mark, ignore the others, you wouldn't have seen Triche yell to him nor JB get mad at him once.

well why wouldn't our all american pg, who leads the country in assists go one on one after JB had him run the clock down? if JB didn't trust his decision making then he should have gave the ball to Brandon at the end. It's on the pg to make the right play. In 2 possessions MCW made good decisions they just didn't work. The other one he forced a bad pass to rak when he should have shot, and the other time he slipped and fell. i don't see how this is on mcw?

well why wouldn't our all american pg, who leads the country in assists go one on one after JB had him run the clock down? if JB didn't trust his decision making then he should have gave the ball to Brandon at the end. It's on the pg to make the right play. In 2 possessions MCW made good decisions they just didn't work. The other one he forced a bad pass to rak when he should have shot, and the other time he slipped and fell. i don't see how this is on mcw?

What two possessions are you referring to.

The one where he pounded it into the lane, got bumped, and forced a tough fade away runner? Or the one he got into the lane, actually had a good look, but instead dumped it off to our struggling center who had his back turned ready to box out?

Just want to clarify.

Huh? When you "go" at the 10 second mark, you can pass it. You cam even make a couple passes. Why do you think if the PG holds the ball to the 10 second mark it means the PG has to keep it for the last 10?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom