Mcw owes us one... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mcw owes us one...

Huh? When you "go" at the 10 second mark, you can pass it. You cam even make a couple passes. Why do you think if the PG holds the ball to the 10 second mark it means the PG has to keep it for the last 10?

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

last year the ball was in waiters hand in these situations when triche handled the pg duties. JB wanted Dion making the play. If JB wanted Brandon with the ball he would have had it the entire time.

Used to do the same thing with Devo when he was usually the off guard

well why wouldn't our all american pg, who leads the country in assists go one on one after JB had him run the clock down? if JB didn't trust his decision making then he should have gave the ball to Brandon at the end. It's on the pg to make the right play. In 2 possessions MCW made good decisions they just didn't work. The other one he forced a bad pass to rak when he should have shot, and the other time he slipped and fell. i don't see how this is on mcw?
So, you are arguing in your post that it's on the PG to make the right play, yet you say he forced a pass when he should have shot. Isn't that the PG not making the right play? That's why it's on MCW.

What two possessions are you referring to.

The one where he pounded it into the lane, got bumped, and forced a tough fade away runner? Or the one he got into the lane, actually had a good look, but instead dumped it off to our struggling center who had his back turned ready to box out?

Just want to clarify.

i thought he got a real good look for his 8 foot runner. that is a play he has made plenty of times.

the one where he drove and left it for DC was questionable, but if he was looking he was wide open.

the pass to rak was a poor decision

and can you fault him when he slipped and fell? seemed like a lot of that was going on

last year the ball was in waiters hand in these situations when triche handled the pg duties. JB wanted Dion making the play. If JB wanted Brandon with the ball he would have had it the entire time.

Used to do the same thing with Devo when he was usually the off guard

JB never did that for the last 5 possessions of a game with waiters nor devo. Yes it is an option and is even a singular iso play used even at the end of the game. But not for the last 3:30 of a game for every possession.

So, you are arguing in your post that it's on the PG to make the right play, yet you say he forced a pass when he should have shot. Isn't that the PG not making the right play? That's why it's on MCW.

no, all i'm saying is the game isn't solely on 1 player.

JB never did that for the last 5 possessions of a game with waiters nor devo. Yes it is an option and is even a singular iso play used even at the end of the game. But not for the last 3:30 of a game for every possession.

Then it's on JB to call a timeout and set him straight. It is what happened so if it was by design, then the the design sucked. If it wasn't what was designed then it was on JB to use one of the TOs he was saving and make sure he orchestrated something that had a chance of producing points...no?

ok that's great, but here is your post from above

OK, so maybe not clear enough. It's on the entire team - that includes MCW. My point was to argue your statement " i don't see how this is on mcw". It's not solely on MCW, but he played a big part in it. The rest of the team didn't help. Before your "all i'm saying is the game isn't solely on 1 player", it seemed to me as if you were giving MCW a total pass. That's all. Maybe I misunderstood your post.

Brandon was not perfect. I believe he missed some big free throws and he couldnt even walk without falling in the final minute. that was a terrible missed layup
Did you happen to notice his ankle twist?

Did you happen to notice his ankle twist?

He and MCW were both sliding around. He had that one play earlier in the second half where he slipped and fell and the Nova player got the steal off CJ's pass and went in for two.

no, all i'm saying is the game isn't solely on 1 player.
When you have a decent lead and basically one player touches the ball and either makes bad passes, takes bad shots, turns it over, or misses free throws that would clinch it, then, yeah, it's on that player.

No problem with the decision to stall, but how the f does Brandon not touché the ball in the final three minutes.

Mcw made some horrific decisions down the stretch. If your going to dominate the ball, you better make fts. Which he didn't.

Learn from it and move on.

Touche' :cool:

When you have a decent lead and basically one player touches the ball and either makes bad passes, takes bad shots, turns it over, or misses free throws that would clinch it, then, yeah, it's on that player.

how about the coach for continuing to put it in that players hands then?

how about the coach for continuing to put it in that players hands then?

You're alibiing for him. Point is he wanted the ball, got the ball, and failed to execute in any sense of the word.

You're alibiing for him. Point is he wanted the ball, got the ball, and failed to execute in any sense of the word.
well he is the point guard so ya he's going to get the ball, unless of course the coach directs BT to take, which just like everyone else i was asking for as well.

.vcrcdr, r,k ,r,k r ololl

set
I
Otgo. Log g?BJN qce eszesxszEsaw I u. T
0 checked.od,my.

Nice to see my one year old daughter has now accrued more "likes" than me.

well he is the point guard so ya he's going to get the ball, unless of course the coach directs BT to take, which just like everyone else i was asking for as well.

Just stop. Nobody told him to never give the ball up after the 10 secs mark and try to do it all on his own.

Nice to see my one year old daughter has now accrued more "likes" than me.
I'm a software engineer. I have ported some of the most cryptic code I've ever seen into a more elegant, technologically relevant language and this is for two enterprise-level software solutions in less than a year.

But, your daughter finally has me stumped. Is she looking for a software job?
:)

Just stop. Nobody told him to never give the ball up after the 10 secs mark and try to do it all on his own.

ok what exactly did you want to happen? what would have been the perfect play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom