MCW vs. DROSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

MCW vs. DROSE

Thanks Melancer. Good stuff. Has the potential to be a one man wrecking crew. Crazy skills and someone I bet Chris McCullough would try to emulate or model his game after. Anybody have clips of his follies?!

I think the Bucks are incredibly frustrating to watch because they are so close, but not close enough. Typical for a young team but if I was a Bucks fan, Giannis would drive me insane and the fact MCW's jumpshot is basically a turnover would make me break my tv. Khris Middleton is solid but nothing spectacular. If MCW or Giannis could hit a jumpshot, the series would be very different.

Undoubtedly he is a tremendous talent and game 3 was his best in the playoffs but games 1 and 2 made me crazy.
I think the Bucks are incredibly frustrating to watch because they are so close, but not close enough. Typical for a young team but if I was a Bucks fan, Giannis would drive me insane and the fact MCW's jumpshot is basically a turnover would make me break my tv. Khris Middleton is solid but nothing spectacular. If MCW or Giannis could hit a jumpshot, the series would be very different.

Agreed with all those things, though Giannis doesn't drive me insane. He's come a long ways in his two years in the NBA. He literally had no role in the Bucks offense last year; Larry Drew just had him stand in the corner and you'd only see him do things when he got rebounds and took it coast to coast. This year, he's blossomed into a legitimately good isolation scorer and has continued to show flashes of being a great passer and defender. I could see where he's frustrating on the eyes when you only tune in for a few games a year though, especially considering how bad games 1 and 2 were.

The team will look a lot different next year with Jabari and Inglis in the picture, Zaza either off the team or relegated to a bench role, and another offseason of progression from Giannis and hopefully MCW. It's pretty amazing how close they've kept things with Chicago considering Chicago's freakish 3 point barrage and the Bucks complete lack of sustainable offense.

Edit: One last thing regarding the shooting... this team looked completely different going into the all-star break when Dudley, Mayo, and Bayless were all shooting 37-42% from 3. Their collapse has killed this team.

Its funny how often NBA playoffs series come down to having 1 or 2 dudes who can hit a jump shot when you really need one and that's exactly what the Bucks are missing.

What happended to MCW? Wasn't he a lethal scorer/shooter in H.S.?

Agreed with all those things, though Giannis doesn't drive me insane. He's come a long ways in his two years in the NBA. He literally had no role in the Bucks offense last year; Larry Drew just had him stand in the corner and you'd only see him do things when he got rebounds and took it coast to coast. This year, he's blossomed into a legitimately good isolation scorer and has continued to show flashes of being a great passer and defender. I could see where he's frustrating on the eyes when you only tune in for a few games a year though, especially considering how bad games 1 and 2 were.

The team will look a lot different next year with Jabari and Inglis in the picture, Zaza either off the team or relegated to a bench role, and another offseason of progression from Giannis and hopefully MCW. It's pretty amazing how close they've kept things with Chicago considering Chicago's freakish 3 point barrage and the Bucks complete lack of sustainable offense.

Edit: One last thing regarding the shooting... this team looked completely different going into the all-star break when Dudley, Mayo, and Bayless were all shooting 37-42% from 3. Their collapse has killed this team.
It is pretty incredible that these games have been close. Every game has been pretty gritty and the Bucks have managed to make a game of all 3 while not being able to score, meanwhile the Bulls offense (when not turning it over) has become a juggernaut.

Yeah, I still find it unbelievable that DraftExpress and stuff raved about his shooting ability in high school and he's become one of the worst shooters in NBA history. His shoulder issues can't be THAT bad, can they?

Last night's Bucks-Bulls game was a lot of fun to watch. A bunch of crazy runs and guys were going hard.

I really like MCW competitiveness and fire. He and Rose were going at each other last night, but Rose is just on another level. It's a credit to MCW that he's such a good player and impacts the game in so many positive ways despite his incredibly poor shooting. And I wouldn't limit his poor shooting to his jump shot. He really struggles finishing at the basket and I remember him having the same trouble his sophomore year. He really shouldn't shoot at all. A Bulls fan in my office said this morning he gets really excited every MCW looks to shoot.

I remember watching HS highlights of him draining multiple deep 3s in a game. I mean he was automatic. I think his mechanics have actually gotten much worse as he's progressed through college and the NBA, which makes no sense.

Last night's Bucks-Bulls game was a lot of fun to watch. A bunch of crazy runs and guys were going hard.

I really like MCW competitiveness and fire. He and Rose were going at each other last night, but Rose is just on another level. It's a credit to MCW that he's such a good player and impacts the game in so many positive ways despite his incredibly poor shooting. And I wouldn't limit his poor shooting to his jump shot. He really struggles finishing at the basket and I remember him having the same trouble his sophomore year. He really shouldn't shoot at all. A Bulls fan in my office said this morning he gets really excited every MCW looks to shoot.
Yea, he's played decent in this series and people have really taken note of his defense but my goodness, it's not that he can't make a jumpshot but he struggles finishing at the rim or with his floater too. He shouldve had at least 6-8 more points last night.

Yea, he's played decent in this series and people have really taken note of his defense but my goodness, it's not that he can't make a jumpshot but he struggles finishing at the rim or with his floater too. He shouldve had at least 6-8 more points last night.
His D is awesome and proves to me the zone doesn't hinder a player's readiness for the NBA. Another thing he does exceptionally well is put the ball in the shooter's pocket when setting up teammates. CP3 is the best in the NBA at that imo, but MCW isn't far behind. He really is an excellent PG and should benefit immensely from JKidd, who I think will be a very good coach if he isn't already. I just hope he stays w/ the Bucks.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can tell you Bucks fans are not happy with the way he played down the stretch last night/in the 2nd quarter when we were up 19 or whatever and let them back in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom