Melo getting D Rose | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Melo getting D Rose

CllKGaRXEAABRXu.jpg

Play KP at the 5? and Melo at the 4? Just a thought. Maybe they can make a run at Derozan if they do that.

Can't believe the Knicks got the bulls to take Lopez's contract. He's due 42 million over the next 3 years.

That'll be a borderline steal compared to the deals given out this summer and next.

That'll be a borderline steal compared to the deals given out this summer and next.

Agreed, but if the move is to play KP at the 5, not sure how Lopez fits.

I dont think that is the plan; i guess we'll see.
How do you play "fast" with a center, KP at the 4 and an aging Melo at the SF? The rest of the league will crucify the Knicks...again. But, KP is the perfect NBA center and Melo fits the bill as a PF that can have the offense run through him at times. If Rose is a shell of his former self, then they need to get a couple of shooters and they might have a competitive starting 5.

Can't believe the Knicks got the bulls to take Lopez's contract. He's due 42 million over the next 3 years.

Actually more surprised they took Calderon's contract as he is washed up now (less money but Lopez was a solid player last year). This is an absolute steal---3 spare parts for a guy that is a stud when he is not injured. There are plenty of guys that can play the 5 (even Porzingas played some minutes there last year---could play more at the 5 this year). Many teams are going with smaller line-ups now, without a true center. And the Knicks still have 3 years left (cheap) of 6'10" Kyle O'Quinn too, who averaged 4.3 rebs in just 14 mpg (that's about 12 reb/gm per 40 min). O'Quinn was considered the best value signing of last summer---4 year deal at $16M total (at the time they weren't expecting much from Porzingas in his rookie season). Thus, O'Quinn was the odd man out of the rotation.

They have about $30M in cap room too---if they land one more stud, no reason why they can't be top-2 in the East if Rose stays healthy---think about it, how many teams have 4 studs?

And not a lot of risk with Rose---one year left, when his contract expires next year if they don't want to bring him back they will have a ton of money coming off the cap to work with (huge year for free agents next year too). Knicks could then target Westbrook if they didn't want to bring back Rose.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I think they have moved on from that model.

I could maybe understand Melo playing more PF since he's getting older, but KP playing Center the majority of the game would be an odd change in my mind. He's not strong enough yet and I don't think he'll be strong enough for the foreseeable future. Bigger Centers will eat him alive in the paint.

KP played 74% of his minutes at PF last season. Melo played 91% of his minutes at SF.

What about Whiteside? Purely from a production standpoint, he would be ideal.

Could the Knicks convince him to come? Would he screw up locker room chemistry?

Lopez is actually a good center. Now NYK have no center. So if D Rose walks after 1 season, they gave away Lopez to rent D Rose for a season. Unless they sign a quality center to replace Lopez it's fill one hole open another.

Lopez is actually a good center. Now NYK have no center. So if D Rose walks after 1 season, they gave away Lopez to rent D Rose for a season. Unless they sign a quality center to replace Lopez it's fill one hole open another.

They should sign Noah.

rose gets hurt watching basketball on tv.

I give up...

Me too, just when I thought I couldn't be more disgusted with this franchise, they find new ways to amaze me.

Could go after Noah, Howard, or Pau Gasol or could just play Porzingis at Center if puts on a few pounds

Actually more surprised they took Calderon's contract as he is washed up now (less money but Lopez was a solid player last year). This is an absolute steal---3 spare parts for a guy that is a stud when he is not injured. There are plenty of guys that can play the 5 (even Porzingas played some minutes there last year---could play more at the 5 this year). Many teams are going with smaller line-ups now, without a true center. And the Knicks still have 3 years left (cheap) of 6'10" Kyle O'Quinn too, who averaged 4.3 rebs in just 14 mpg (that's about 12 reb/gm per 40 min). O'Quinn was considered the best value signing of last summer---4 year deal at $16M total (at the time they weren't expecting much from Porzingas in his rookie season). Thus, O'Quinn was the odd man out of the rotation.

They have about $30M in cap room too---if they land one more stud, no reason why they can't be top-2 in the East if Rose stays healthy---think about it, how many teams have 4 studs?

And not a lot of risk with Rose---one year left, when his contract expires next year if they don't want to bring him back they will have a ton of money coming off the cap to work with (huge year for free agents next year too). Knicks could then target Westbrook if they didn't want to bring back Rose.

Westbrook is basically an Anti-Phil PG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom