Melodramatic absolutely owning Lebron | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Melodramatic absolutely owning Lebron

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. I attributed 44s research to you for some reason.

Kudos withdrawn

Yes, but you have to remember: LeBron is second fiddle to Wade.

Better defender, better clutch shooter, better passer...

44cuse

maybe Wade's hands are tired, what with his championship ring and all...:p

seriously, though - I really don't understand why some here get so sensitive about Lebron James. Does he have some Syracuse or SU ties of which I'm not aware? People here - ostensibly SU fans - exhibit more venom towards the players that suit up for SU than they do towards some random egomaniacal NBAer.

It's one thing to like Carmelo, but some people don't live in reality.

No, I didn't say that.

Other than Jerry West, has anyone tried to pull off the NBA's version of Moneyball? Successfully?

So has Dallas used advanced stats successfully or not? They won the title last year, but maybe that was because of all the research they did into Tim Donaghy.

maybe Wade's hands are tired, what with his championship ring and all...:p

seriously, though - I really don't understand why some here get so sensitive about Lebron James. Does he have some Syracuse or SU ties of which I'm not aware? People here - ostensibly SU fans - exhibit more venom towards the players that suit up for SU than they do towards some random egomaniacal NBAer.

It's not about being sensitive about LeBron James. It's about being accurate. And this is not something that is likely to change, but there isn't a large NBA following on this board but there are a lot of opinions. And some of the opinions are so out of whack it's crazy.

Why can't some people be Heat fans and SU fans?

44cuse

So has Dallas used advanced stats successfully or not? They won the title last year, but maybe that was because of all the research they did into Tim Donaghy.

Roland Beech only sat in the first row behind the Cavs bench as a consultant and is now the Mavs Director of Basketball Analytics. So I would say if they created a position and a title, they believe in it. ;)

Doubt you're going to get an answer to your question. Direct questions go unanswered.

44cuse

For the record, I absolutely hate LeBron, but he's definitely the best player in the league. I don't even think it's close, and I absolutely can't stand him or the Heat.

Also, there were a ton of playoff and clutch stats in here that weren't sabermetric at all. Just simple stuff like shooting%.

That KingOtis refuses to even acknowledge. Selective reading if I've ever seen it.

44cuse

Lol...I'm not a Heat fan. I'm a Warrior fan. But way to make assumptions.

You just don't know that much about the NBA. That's the only reason this topic went this long: more and more people proving you wrong.

44cuse

Yet you aren't one of those people. One of the biggest reasons this thread has gone on this long is your inability to provide a counterpoint. Luckily, you have people like Knicks411 who are willing to do the work for you.

Once I dismissed your sabermetrics by saying they aren't universally recognized, it was on you to demonstrate otherwise. But you couldn't. You could only regurgitate the same sabermetrics over and over. I've been criticized for my stubbornness, but you're no different.

That KingOtis refuses to even acknowledge. Selective reading if I've ever seen it.

44cuse

Projection. You're quoting a post from a few pages back. The very definition of selective.

Yet you aren't one of those people. One of the biggest reasons this thread has gone on this long is your inability to provide a counterpoint. Luckily, you have people like Knicks411 who are willing to do the work for you.

Once I dismissed your sabermetrics by saying they aren't universally recognized, it was on you to demonstrate otherwise. But you couldn't. You could only regurgitate the same sabermetrics over and over. I've been criticized for my stubbornness, but you're no different.

You keep convincing yourself of that. You are delusional. There has not been a person on this thread who has agreed with a thing you have said yet.

Oh yeah, and I seem to recall Knicks411 pointing out where I gave you stats that you never acknowledged. In fact, they have been in front of you at least two times. And your response: Show me where i can find them on NBA.com.

1. If you don;t know how to find shooting % on NBA.com, I can't help you.
2. NBA.com is not the only source for stats in the world.

Look, I get it that you are a little embarrassed in this thread. You've been wrong so many times, it just doesn't matter anymore. You've been exposed for someone who doesn;t respond to fact, follow arguments, and uses conspiracy theory to support your points. What needs to have been accomplished was.

44cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors