Memo to the pathetic UConn fans cheering our loss | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Memo to the pathetic UConn fans cheering our loss

I agree. The ACC is so weak in football and its results have been so pathetic that any move it going to have to be football focused.

Let's face it, only Va Tech has worked out for them and maybe UofL. Other than that, the additions to the ACC have either been DOA or in the second decade of a "rebuilding" project or Miami.

They do have to be football focused. Which is why it was a mistake for them to pass on WVU imo.

I would also add that the NE is not exactly a hotbed of football talent and they have probably reached the maximum number of NE schools they can support without causing issues for the others. Couple that with the linger feelings some have over the lawsuit and all signs point to Cincinnati being next up should a school leave.

I agree. The ACC is so weak in football and its results have been so pathetic that any move it going to have to be football focused.

Let's face it, only Va Tech has worked out for them and maybe UofL. Other than that, the additions to the ACC have either been DOA or in the second decade of a "rebuilding" project or Miami.

You can tell the Uconn fans haven't been around CFB for too long. For the record, the Greg Robinson era was an exception, not a rule. I'll let you do some homework and take a gander at Syracuse football history. When you do, be sure to come back and apologize.

Oh, and best of luck in the AAC! Should be fun. And say hello to Coach P (and Deleone too).

UConn fans are just like the resentful, jealous younger sibling. Somewhat understandable but not constructive. If they're still in the American whatever in a couple years their recruiting will take a big dive...top 50 recruits are not running to play in mid major conferences.

You can tell the Uconn fans haven't been around CFB for too long. For the record, the Greg Robinson era was an exception, not a rule. I'll let you do some homework and take a gander at Syracuse football history. When you do, be sure to come back and apologize.

Oh, and best of luck in the AAC! Should be fun. And say hello to Coach P (and Deleone too).

Ok. I'll pretend the 70's didn't happen. Mac broke through around 87 and PP kept it going for the next 12 years or so. It really was a 15 year run wrapped by disaster on the front and back.

UConn fans are just like the resentful, jealous younger sibling. Somewhat understandable but not constructive. If they're still in the American whatever in a couple years their recruiting will take a big dive...top 50 recruits are not running to play in mid major conferences.

Right.

And BCU fans told us the same thing when they went to the ACC.

And you guys told us we wouldn't beat you in football a single time for 15 years minimum.

The record of the SU board in predicting UCONN's future is pretty horrific.

Ok. I'll pretend the 70's didn't happen. Mac broke through around 87 and PP kept it going for the next 12 years or so. It really was a 15 year run wrapped by disaster on the front and back.

A simple "Thanks" would suffice.

You know, like "Thanks for letting us join your conference and reap all of the financial benefits for 20 years despite our NESCAC quality athletics."

Right.

And BCU fans told us the same thing when they went to the ACC.

And you guys told us we wouldn't beat you in football a single time for 15 years minimum.

The record of the SU board in predicting UCONN's future is pretty horrific.

Order has been restored. 40-10 wasn't a fluke.

Brand, my friend. It's why we were chosen. And you weren't. No brag, just fact.
no brag just fact.jpg

Hmmmm. 10-3 Big East co-champs 2001, 4-8 2002, 6-6 2003, 6-6 2004 GRob 05-08, 4-8 2009, 8-5 2010 Bowl win, 5-7 2011, 8-5 Big East Co champs 2012, future = ACC. So you have a coach that started to fall off badly (now coaching at UConn), a horrific hire, and a rebuilding year for a total of an 8 year mediocre-really terrible-mediocre cycle. The years prior were good, and the future seems to be heading back that way. Your math is warped badly and your "wrapped in disaster" comment is priceless considering what both SU and UConn have in front of them. 8-5 and heading to the ACC or 5-7 heading to the AAC. Which would you prefer as far as future trajectories?

Have fun striving for .500 with your "multiple" offense though. I'm sure you've got better coaches beating down the door to take over though:rolling:

By making this thread you've just fed them. This is evident by the numerous Husky fans flocking here.

This might rank as the stupidest thread in the history of this forum.
I say "F' UConn" as much as the next SU fan, but to give them the benefit of our attention...immediately following a FF game...belies any attempt at calling them irrelevant. If they were so "irrelevant" and we don't "care" about them, then why the spotlight on their mid-major program...at this crucial time? We just finished a stellar season- shouldn't that speak for itself?
Mindbogglingly dumb, IMHO. :crazy:

I'm glad someone said it. I feel dumber for having opened this thread. Not sure i understand the indignity. It's hypocrisy. Most of the forum openly admits to cheering against other Big East teams. Why would UConn be any different. Heck fire, there are entire threads about Georgetown's early exit...

By and large, these generalization threads, where you actually profess to "hating" people you've never met because they went to a different school? Makes an idiot out of the hater, not the hated. Grow up, people. Unless you're a current student. Then, by all means, feel free to be at war with the other camp. But, when you graduate, you should grow up and release the nonsense.

This kind of and the "What are you drinking" threads make it seem this forum is entirely populated by 15-year olds. [You're legal now. You're not 'scoring' alcohol anymore. It's not a big deal.]

UConn let other teams do the heavy lifting for years. They can say whatever they want, but Syracuse, Georgetown, and St. Johns made the Big East basketball conference. Throw in a little Villanova too. UConn slogged along for a decade while the others built up the Big East brand, and then UConn reaped the benefits. Same for football. Syracuse, Miami, VT and West Virginia carried the Big East banner -- carried? I should have said designed it, sewed it, and carried it -- while UConn was losing to Holy Cross for a decade, with little to no interest to playing in the deep end of the pool. While we took all the risk, and made the investment, all the while not knowing if there would be a payoff or not, UConn sat back sucking their thumbs. By the time they finally got around to deciding there was now a benefit there for them, it was too late.

Lets ignore these chumps. They have threads calling our players pieces of . We all know the real pieces of are the overweight, viagara fed 40 year old lunatic fans on the boneyard who hide behind screen names and hurl insults at college age kids. They don't deserve our time and currently are in no position to talk.

Hmmmm. 10-3 Big East co-champs 2001, 4-8 2002, 6-6 2003, 6-6 2004 GRob 05-08, 4-8 2009, 8-5 2010 Bowl win, 5-7 2011, 8-5 Big East Co champs 2012, future = ACC. So you have a coach that started to fall off badly (now coaching at UConn), a horrific hire, and a rebuilding year for a total of an 8 year mediocre-really terrible-mediocre cycle. The years prior were good, and the future seems to be heading back that way. Your math is warped badly and your "wrapped in disaster" comment is priceless considering what both SU and UConn have in front of them. 8-5 and heading to the ACC or 5-7 heading to the AAC. Which would you prefer as far as future trajectories?

Have fun striving for .500 with your "multiple" offense though. I'm sure you've got better coaches beating down the door to take over though:rolling:

Funny enough, since 1960 SU has two 9+win seasons by a coach other than PP. Since 2003, UCONN has two 9+win seasons by a coach other than PP.

Weird Co-incidence, isn't it?

Now you can get back to telling about the history of SU football.

Funny enough, since 1960 SU has two 9+win seasons by a coach other than PP. Since 2003, UCONN has two 9+win seasons by a coach other than PP.

Now you can get back to telling about

the history of SU football.

Obviously, the fact that 12 and even 11 game schedule are a fairly recent development is lost on someone who has been following CFB since 2003.

Obviously, the fact that 12 and even 11 game schedule are a fairly recent development is lost on someone who has been following CFB since 2003.

If you consider 1971 recent in a discussion of 1960 onwards, you have a point.

Interesting enough, PP has 6 seasons at SU with 9 or more wins.

The fact that UCONN fans are celebrating our loss in the final four during a year they were banned from all postseasn play is...curious.

Since I have been a syracuse fan (alum) we have beat njust about every big time football program. UConn has zero wins against those type teams in their history. as a matter of fact, UConn hasn't shown they can give a team from a major conference with say 9 wins, even a game.

Now you can get back to telling about the history of SU football.

Interesting that you pick 1960 as a cutoff point to avoid the national championship one year prior isnt it? You missed the fact that I was specifically citing recent history as to compare to the years UConn has been playing D1 football.

We can talk more recent history and future though. Team A: 5-7 -> 8-5 -> ACC; Team B: 5-7 -> 5-7 -> AAC. Which would you invest in if you were going off these recent trends?

I'd just like to remind everyone that at the time of their 2011 NC, Kemba Walker may have been illiterate.

Also that Jim Calhoun paid Rudy Gay's AAU coach 5000 for his services.

Believe it or not Pasqualoni was once a good football coach, which is why he coached at and won at a good football school like Syracuse.

Now Pasqualoni is washed up and no longer a good football coach, which is why he coaches at and loses at a nobody football school like UConn.

Interesting that you pick 1960 as a cutoff point to avoid the national championship one year prior isnt it?

Sorry. I want to officially apologize to all the SU alumns in their mid 70's who got to enjoy that special team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom