Mets are taking over New York | Syracusefan.com

Mets are taking over New York

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
It's not a dream...the Mets are in first place. Comeback wins, timely hitting, lockdown pitching, Fat 40 year olds, this team has it all.

Colonjiggle040914.gif

They're playing with confidence. I'm impressed...so far.

I hope they can keep it going.

They're playing with confidence. I'm impressed...so far.

I hope they can keep it going.

Coming back from an 0-3 hole last night against the Marlins really impressed me. I'm now watching games fully expecting them to pull it out and win, which isn't something I could ever have said about Met teams from the last 4-5 years.

Heading to Citi tonight. Pretty pumped with this start.

Looked like a really good (and loud) crowd. I was there for the first two games of the year; the atmosphere for Tuesday was incredible, even before the game started.

Looked like a really good (and loud) crowd. I was there for the first two games of the year; the atmosphere for Tuesday was incredible, even before the game started.

Solid crowd, one of the best I've seen at Citi. After the game, the walk to exit the stadium sounded like some of the post-game celebrations from playoff games at Shea I've been to. The fan base was so ready for a good team, and it looks like we have one that's at least going to be a factor this year. Heading back tomorrow for Harvey Day, getting very excited for this season.

what a difference a year makes i think they where 5-14 last april. the mets did something right getting kevin long from the yankees

I'm a Yankee fan but I've never had an issue with the Mets playing well. It's not like they are the Red Sox. I think it's good for New York when both teams are doing well. What's frustrating for the Yankees right now is the slow start for a lot of the players. So far I'm not too impressed with Gregorius but I'm also not impressed with Tex and McCann. Those two really need to step it up.

If the Yankees have a few bad years, then a whole slew on young NY'ers will become Met fans. It's like my cousin from the Bronx who turned ten in 1969. He got all wrapped up in the Miracle Mets and has been a life long Mets fan.

what a difference a year makes i think they where 5-14 last april. the mets did something right getting kevin long from the yankees
Maybe so. I was glad the Yankees canned Long though. Got tired of seeing guys come to NY as free agents that had been good hitters suddenly hit like crap.

I wouldn't get all carried away about taking over NYC. They are playing well though and it's good when they are.

Yanks had that same fat pitcher a couple years ago. Started out well and then fell apart.

Solid crowd, one of the best I've seen at Citi. After the game, the walk to exit the stadium sounded like some of the post-game celebrations from playoff games at Shea I've been to. The fan base was so ready for a good team, and it looks like we have one that's at least going to be a factor this year. Heading back tomorrow for Harvey Day, getting very excited for this season.

Are you going May 2 for DeGrom-Gnome-day?

I wouldn't get all carried away about taking over NYC. They are playing well though and it's good when they are.

Yanks had that same fat pitcher a couple years ago. Started out well and then fell apart.

True but if he can be effective for half the season it helps us keep the prospects like syndegaard fro. Having to be brought up too soon. Losing wheeler really sucked though.

True but if he can be effective for half the season it helps us keep the prospects like syndegaard fro. Having to be brought up too soon. Losing wheeler really sucked though.

If anything Syndergard has probably been left in Vegas for too long.

D'arnaud is a killer, he was crushing the ball

If anything Syndergard has probably been left in Vegas for too long.

D'arnaud is a killer, he was crushing the ball

I think eventually Gee will be traded, and Noah will be up here. Losing Travis is a huge loss the way he was swinging the bat, but Plawecki is a big prospect, lets see what he can do.

Losing Blevins is actually a more costly loss than d'Arnaud. He was emerging as a force in the pen. Breaking his pitching arm, we probably won't see him until the all-star break.

Fan graphs has a 49% chance of the Mets making the playoffs. I'll take that bet. This team is showing me a lot. Their pitching is unreal. Trade Gee and Syndergaard to get Tulo and we'll win a WS!

I think so, and heading to the Bronx on Sunday with my Dad. Going to go as much as I can while the team is on this hot streak.

If they sweep the Braves to make it 11 straight, I'll make the trip down from Syracuse on Friday to see DeGrom make it a franchise record 12 straight against the Yanks.

Also, here's a great article talking about their great start in a larger context. Jumping out to an early lead over the other WC potentials (Padres, Cubs, Pirates) is excellent and cash in the bank.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/so-the-mets-might-be-contenders/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom