Red's Season One a success! | Syracusefan.com

Red's Season One a success!

grepal

Starter
Apologies to the poster who wrote about this year being a bust, but you were wrong. Not just wrong but wrong to put such an embarrassing post on this board. Unless you are G'Town, UCOONN or Pitt troll you should probably look for a sport you know something about to post about. Twenty wins, a winning ACC record, an exciting team to watch, sometimes infuriating yet very entertaining, while playing all Sophomores for almost the entire year. This has been a great transition year, especially considering the youth on the team. Low and behold we have a shot at the big dance and a double bi in the ACC tournament.

I never thought this team, especially considering the injuries, the dismissal etc that we couldn’t foresee, would have 20 wins this season. I’m very pleased with the job the staff and the players have made to improve this team. Let’s beat Clemson so we can make some noise in the ACC tournament and hopefully in the post season.

you should probably look for a sport you know something about to post about
He was obviously wrong, but no need to go overboard on him. He was a 'Cuse fan venting some frustration and thankfully he was wrong. In fact, the way we've played since that post, I think the proper mea culpa for OrlandoCuse is to start a new thread tonight:

THE GAME AT CLEMSON IS A BUST

If that works, he'll need to follow it up with...

THE ACCT IS A BUST

If that works...

THE NCAAT IS A BUST

And so forth. Let's ride this bust as far as it'll take us!

Apologies to the poster who wrote about this year being a bust, but you were wrong. Not just wrong but wrong to put such an embarrassing post on this board. Unless you are G'Town, UCOONN or Pitt troll you should probably look for a sport you know something about to post about. Twenty wins, a winning ACC record, an exciting team to watch, sometimes infuriating yet very entertaining, while playing all Sophomores for almost the entire year. This has been a great transition year, especially considering the youth on the team. Low and behold we have a shot at the big dance and a double bi in the ACC tournament.
How about the 641 people who commented on the post. A 20 win season (with more to go) in your first year is a hell of an accomplishment.

I strongly preferred a national search rather than an in-house hire. But Coach Autry has done a very solid job and I’m much more encouraged about the trajectory of this program now compared to 6 months ago. Looking forward to what’s ahead.

This season was a success when they hammered G-town!

But it really is an accomplishment for the coach to win 20 games after losing two of his three best players in the portal.

The taste of the NCAAs is so tantalizing. To totally put the thought out of our grieving minds . . . Then suddenly . . . (Sniff sniff) . . . What’s that smell . . . Growing stronger . . .

OH MY GOD, IT’S CINNABON!

He was obviously wrong, but no need to go overboard on him. He was a 'Cuse fan venting some frustration and thankfully he was wrong. In fact, the way we've played since that post, I think the proper mea culpa for OrlandoCuse is to start a new thread tonight:

THE ACCT IS A BUST

If that works...

THE NCAAT IS A BUST

So, "no need to go overboard on him" and then three seconds later you tag him and continue to go overboard on him. No need to pile on him for this, especially considering some of the absolute garbage that regularly gets posted in this forum.

So, "no need to go overboard on him" and then three seconds later you tag him and continue to go overboard on him. No need to pile on him for this, especially considering some of the absolute garbage that regularly gets posted in this forum.
I'm not going overboard, I think he should do it for good luck/fun until the run ends. Nothing malicious about it.

I'm not going overboard, I think he should do it for good luck/fun until the run ends. Nothing malicious about it.
Maybe you should just buy a lucky rabbit's foot on behalf of the team and we can all hope for the best!

Hey plus, we got the opposite of. February swoon with Red! That’s a nice change of pace.
The ACC actually helped a bit. The last half of the SU conference schedule has been unusually kind with only 1 game against the league top teams (and SU won that one!) which let them go 6-3 so far. In the past the back end of the schedule was loaded like last year against 4 top 25 teams alone. So in the past after an "easy" 1st half and looking aright, reality set in with the toughest games being played in February. The current schedule let Red get a little more settled in despite loses to the roster.

IMG_4239.jpeg

so we didn't eat 10 early season cupcakes like JB feasted on . (aka little debbie december.) we actually switched up defenses depending on our opposition . (unlike jb) . we tried a bit more rotation (although mintz and jj are both top5 MPG ) . he dropped the hammer on team rules. the injuries or just plain bad recruiting left a hole in the middle and this cupboard bare. i'd say red overall has done pretty well with the hand he was dealt. but we still aren't even close to being a top ranked threat like we used to be.

Can we let the season end first?
Can we at least play Clemson first?
Can we see how the ACCT goes?

so we didn't eat 10 early season cupcakes like JB feasted on . (aka little debbie december.) we actually switched up defenses depending on our opposition . (unlike jb) . we tried a bit more rotation (although mintz and jj are both top5 MPG ) . he dropped the hammer on team rules. the injuries or just plain bad recruiting left a hole in the middle and this cupboard bare. i'd say red overall has done pretty well with the hand he was dealt. but we still aren't even close to being a top ranked threat like we used to be.
Wait? You go on about how he did things better than JB did and pivot to we aren't a top ranked threat we used to be . You mean when JB was coach?

Job is not fi ished but this year has been good on many levels.
There seems to be a huge rush to get these declarations out before the season ends and even before we play Clemson. That's odd. I think people are doing it either bc its a slow news cycle or fear what's gonna happen at Clemson.

Let's let it play out.

The season is these varying degrees of good, depending on how things play out:
  1. 10 losses total = huge success as we would be the NCAA and ACCT champs and would have beaten JGIII. Probably our greatest season ever, knocking 2003 and 1996 and 1987 down a peg.
  2. Sweet 16 is always my personal marker for a great season. So, if we get there, it was a great season.
  3. Last 4 in or greater, is this year's and this year's only new marker for a great season. So, if we get in, its a great season.
  4. 22 wins, no matter how things shake out, and even without the NCAAT is arguably a good to great season. Probably great. Stop being a jerk, Swish.
  5. NIT is a B+, a good to almost great season
  6. Not in the NIT neither? Meaning we probably didn't beat Clemson and got bounced in the first round of the ACCT and only 4 made it into the NCAA from the ACC and it was probably JGIII and not us? I don't know what to call that, do you?
  7. 20-13 finish? Not a great season. Arguably a good season, all things considered.
No matter how it shakes out, with all the things considered, there are a number of things that weren't good, and those need to be considered just like a 5-1 finish does. Naheem not being very good, the blowout losses, almost giving up a 29 point lead, beatdowns against BC & FSU, Benny, being a poor defensive team when the new D was your hallmark, JT taking forever to be decent, emotional outbursts from players when they should be getting back on D, etc.

All that said, the season is playing out nicely, 20 wins is nothing to sneeze at. Red has done a good job, IMO. I like how he handled Benny. I like him sticking with JT. I like him pulling cats who screw up. I like some of the recruits coming in. But, we really have to see how the rest of the season goes.

THE ACCT IS A BUST

If that works...

THE NCAAT IS A BUST

I’ll be happy to take full credit for the turnaround this season after my bust thread. It obviously inspired the team to prove me wrong purely out of spite ;)

Wait? You go on about how he did things better than JB did and pivot to we aren't a top ranked threat we used to be . You mean when JB was coach?
Dasher, I’m too lazy to find the thread. How is that cough?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom