Miami Postgame Thoughts | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Miami Postgame Thoughts

Miami really hasn’t beat anyone all year. I doubt they would be in at the moment.
I was talking about who would get the bid at the end of the season. Who would make it if we ended the season today doesn't really matter.

I think Syracuse and Miami have a better chance of making it than Clemson. But we will surely see.

Last game against Pitt he was making silky smooth jumpers, today we're back to square one. It's so bizarre.

So much of shooting is muscle memory, but Benny apparently has amnesia in that regard.
It is really too bad, and strange, because at the end of last season he was our best 3pt shooter.

Miami really hasn’t beat anyone all year. I doubt they would be in at the moment.
They have a bunch of good players on their team, and with Omier, I'm surprised they don't have a better record.

Two plays that I really loved:

The extra-pass play by Bell. Great penetration and kick-out in traffic by Cope, then the perfect extra pass by Bell to set up JJ for the swish.

The poke-out by Maliq off the offensive rebound. Prevented a breakaway for Miami, and instead led to a corner three by JJ. Great hustle.
Ill add the hustle play by Benny under the boards

Fantastic win by the Cuse but Miami missing their best player, who has had huge games against us in the past, certainly helped.
How long is he out?

Two plays that I really loved:

The extra-pass play by Bell. Great penetration and kick-out in traffic by Cope, then the perfect extra pass by Bell to set up JJ for the swish.

The poke-out by Maliq off the offensive rebound. Prevented a breakaway for Miami, and instead led to a corner three by JJ. Great hustle.

The poke out by Maliq in the midst of four Miami players is exactly why he’s the best.

It was something out of a renaissance painting.

But let me say, when this team was cooking… man, the ball was on a string. Guys had each other’s back. The Bell pass was something out of the 2014 Spurs’ playbook.

And Judah, being a facilitator. Being the offensive engine. Playing chess when his opponent is playing checkers…

****chef’s kiss****

i bet you’re wrong.…and in no way am I defending his defense and his HIDEOUS rebounding. That one missed rebound that led to Brown’s 4th could have cost us the game, but he made a couple of huge shots. We’ll see when the BPM for the game is posted.

Now Taylors mins really need to start to be looked at. Cuffe or Benny could basically do what he does.
UpstateSM
looks like technically you were right. He did have a negative BPM for the game, BUT it was actually better than Q, Benny, Taylor, and Cuffe. Cuffe is very skewed by 1 turnover and no offense stats.

Now we need Autry to severely reduce Taylor's minutes.

Most foul shots come on two point field goal attempts. They took 36 two pointers and were fouled 9 times. We took 31 two pointers and were fouled 12 times. Miami had 38 points in the paint to our 22. So yes, that seems out of whack. We were extended to cover their three point shooters and that weakened our internal defense, especially off the pick and roll. I didn't get the impression that the refs were favoring us, but that's though my orange-colored glasses.
Several of the Miami shots in the paint were uncontested, like the first two layups of the game. They also beat us downcourt a couple of times in the first half.

Several of the Miami shots in the paint were uncontested, like the first two layups of the game. They also beat us downcourt a couple of times in the first half.

When the big switches up top, someone down low has to cover the man who dives to the hoop. They rectified this later in the game.

When the big switches up top, someone down low has to cover the man who dives to the hoop. They rectified this later in the game.
The best lineup offensively, and defensively is Brown, Copeland, Judah, JJ, and Benny.

The best lineup offensively, and defensively is Brown, Copeland, Judah, JJ, and Benny.
i'd disagree. why 5 ? that's dinosaur days. he gone. the best lineup is what's working for us .

Benny is as bad on offense as Taylor. I enjoyed Red going/offense defense with Bell and Cuffe there.

It will most likely never happen… but if Red could get Benny to by into playing a Tyler Roberson type role… he would demand minutes over Taylor.

I think Benny has the motor, athleticism, and strength to play as active as Roberson did, but does he have the mentality to do so? I would guess not, and I get it’s a hard sell. But it would improve the team tremendously. Offensive rebounding would help our shooters continue to gain confidence

IMG_2015.jpeg

9 pages deep and no one has mentioned that this was a a buzzer beater of truly historic proportions. One that will be remembered for generations. Something that has never happened before in the history of Syracuse basketball (I did not research this at all). I'm talking about the fact that this was a TACO TIME BUZZER BEATER. Quadir won the game for the Orange while simultaneously providing food for thousands of hungry Syracuse faithful. This deed will not be forgotten.

Text Typography GIF by Taco Bell CR

9 pages deep and no one has mentioned that this was a a buzzer beater of truly historic proportions. One that will be remembered for generations. Something that has never happened before in the history of Syracuse basketball (I did not research this at all). I'm talking about the fact that this was a TACO TIME BUZZER BEATER. Quadir won the game for the Orange while simultaneously providing food for thousands of hungry Syracuse faithful. This deed will not be forgotten.

Posted in group chat w/ my fraternity brothers that Q's shot was a TACO DAGGER.

Doesn't mean a thing unless Miami missed 2 consecutive FT's and we all got free Chick-fil-a

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom