Michael Gbinije and Nigeria basketball team qualify for Rio Olympics | Syracusefan.com

Michael Gbinije and Nigeria basketball team qualify for Rio Olympics

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
William Voigt has announced Nigeria’s initial training roster for the 2015 Afrobasket which starts against Uganda, Central Africa Republic and Tunisia on August 21. The 26-man group already started filing into the Abuja based camp when training opened last week Wednesday. The team are currently in France taking part in an exhibition tournament that will also see the likes of Senegal, Central Africa and Ivory Coast take part.

Six eye-catching inclusions are Chinemelu Elonu, Michael Gbinije, Olaseni Lawal, Chris Obepka, Ekpe Udoh, and Talib Zanna who will all be joining the national team for the first time. Jason Ebie and Edo Karachi bring the tally of uncapped players to nine. Each of them will be vying for a place in the final 12-man roster.

http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/afrobasket-nigeria-announce-26-man-squad/

Chris Obekpa & Talib Zanna are two more guys that should be familiar to SU fans too.

William Voigt has announced Nigeria’s initial training roster for the 2015 Afrobasket which starts against Uganda, Central Africa Republic and Tunisia on August 21. The 26-man group already started filing into the Abuja based camp when training opened last week Wednesday. The team are currently in France taking part in an exhibition tournament that will also see the likes of Senegal, Central Africa and Ivory Coast take part.

Six eye-catching inclusions are Chinemelu Elonu, Michael Gbinije, Olaseni Lawal, Chris Obepka, Ekpe Udoh, and Talib Zanna who will all be joining the national team for the first time. Jason Ebie and Edo Karachi bring the tally of uncapped players to nine. Each of them will be vying for a place in the final 12-man roster.

http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/afrobasket-nigeria-announce-26-man-squad/

Chris Obekpa & Talib Zanna are two more guys that should be familiar to SU fans too.
Nice. A little disappointed Paschal Chukwu was shunned. And Arinze too. With Chino, we now have our coveted hat trick of Nigerian big men.

Surprised Arinze was not invited, too. But he may not be in their system or may have wanted to focus on his NBA prospects.

Chukwu would have had a tough time making it over Zanna & Obekpa, not to mention others on the roster.

If they make the Olympics again, maybe Carmelo can score 50 against G this time.

I'm sure the NCAA will find some subscript to make silent G ineligible for the first game of the season for this.

OrangeXtreme said:
Congrats to Mike. Great accomplishment.

USA East Coast
"East Coast has upgraded its schedule as they've announced a match against the Nigerian National Team Wednesday night. Tip off it set tentatively for 6:30PM (12:30PM EST). This match will replace its game against the French First Division all star team."

Silent G head to head against KJ? Stay tuned. :)

Oh, believe me. It's on. Kaleb: get your hands up already! You wouldn't want your luggage floating in Lake Ontario, would you? ;)

I know AfroBasket 2015 isn't what I am picturing in my head, but how cool would that be? Kind of like Semipro on crack.

Afro baseketball 1985...no?

fletch-demotivational-poster-1236283951.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom