Mike Brey to retire | Syracusefan.com

Mike Brey to retire

JJ Starling want to come home? There'll be a need for another guard.

A month ago he was on several 1st round draft boards and probably would have been a one and done. Now I haven’t seen him on any lately. So maybe he’ll stay in college.

Bring JJ home in the portal.

The new reply to "our Freshmen vs. JJ Starling"

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

The cynic in me says that he's getting out just in time. He was supposed to have a solid, experienced squad. ND was picked in the top 4 or 5 of the ACC. Instead, they have laid an egg. And next year looks much worse--6 grad students gone. Maybe he was told he can't pull a Pitt/GTown and bring in a whole new roster for next year.

Or maybe, like Ol' Roy and Coach K, he's decided he doesn't want to deal with the Brave New World of NIL/Portal.

Bringing JJ home and retaining the forwards in the rotation would make up for botching the entire ‘23 class, imo.

Have Weitsman throw Jesse some coin and I would be unreasonably optimistic as I so badly want to be again.

Starling has been a disappointment. His shooting is a mess. I’m not sure he has better potential than Taylor. If Moore is coming in 2024, I would pass on Starling.
I think he’s in a pretty bad situation for his success without a Prentiss Hubb or Blake Wesley to play off of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom